Pattaya: Locking the stable door after the horse has bolted! Barriers now in place

webfact

Pattaya: Locking the stable door after the horse has bolted! Barriers now in place

9pm.jpg

77kaoded reported on a picture from Pattaya News that showed a Mitsubishi four door pick-up that had driven into a trench in the road between central and south Pattaya. 

There are roadworks there as contractors bury cables. 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The media said that barriers had been put in place after the accident.

Fortunately the driver of the pick-up, that had Bangkok plates, was not injured. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-20

This is one of the reasons I won't drive outside of the city's / towns at night.

The roads are unlit and roadworks often unmarked and until - a terrible accident waiting to happen. 

This issue is so common yet no one really cares about it. 

I recall being up near Pitsanulok a number of years back, they were widening the highway 12.

Every morning there were news reports of cars which had driven off the 'edge' of the unmarked road road works, sometimes a handful of cars had piled up in the ditches where the road had just 'ended' with a 1m drop without markings, signs or lights. 

Being as proactive Safety measures (barriers, tape, fencing) are as non-existent as preventative maintenance in Thailand, the hospitals and ambulances should be pretty busy taking care of people on Beach Road viewing the Fireworks on the 29th and 30th of this month with all the open trenches, holes and broken pavement.

Driving through roadworks at Khao Yai today we were waved through by workers at a blind corner.    Nearly had a head on with a car coming the opposite direction who had also been apparently waved through.  Crash didn't eventuate, so mai pen rai.

Only after an incident is Health/Safety considered. NO POLICE EVER check red light runners; they are too busy milking the motorists for soft offences.  When a pick-up plows into a coach full of Chinese tourists, then there will be some hand-wringing.

Chonburi (Pattaya) is the 2nd most dangerous province in Thailand yet police merely coin in the money.

I almost crashed about a month ago. Driving down an unlit dual carriageway doing about 80 kph near Korat they had some unfinished roadworks which they were thoughtful enough to mark off with old tyres (still black, completely unpainted).

So I had the pleasure of running over/through the tyres first, then through about 100 metres of half finished road before I guess a 6 inch ledge took me back up onto the normal road surface. It knocked the front bumper section out of alignment on my car but fortunately I was able to pop it back in later with only a few black rubber marks as evidence of my off road excursion. Lucky I wasn't on my motorbike.

34 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:
1 hour ago, essox essox said:

are you dreaming or from another planet ???

It is called "IRONY" ......... 

Actually, it's called "SARCASM". (Problem is, it's most effective in a verbal discussion, and often doesn't translate well into the written word; often completely misunderstood by non-native speakers too.)

Archived