Chiang Mai: Crackdown on tourists teaching at language institutes and cram schools

webfact

On 11/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, fruitman said:

Yes it's vely annoying that NONE of the staff in Siam Paragon or Siam Icon can speak english....so annoying that i won't go shopping there anymore.

You must have a very boring life considering the things that you wont do because it doesn't actually suit you.

You must feel like you're living in a foreign country or something.

Thai people who don't speak English? Outrageous!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2020 at 5:10 PM, baansgr said:

I have admiration for most teachers, especially those that taught mine at an EP school, they did a sterling job.....however having an ology degree in some nonsensical subject dosnt give someone the skills to teach and make them.professional. I have seem some of the idiots that have degrees and have no common sense whatsoever....

Lol typical response of people who don't have a degree. It's not about the subject it's about the discipline and research skills. However, beyond the degree point you need training to be a teacher not some idiot who worked in a factory back home with an 'O' level in metalwork.

So they get rid of the people on tourist visas and repleace them with who exactly?  

What is needed is either a change in the law to make it easier to get a teaching WP or a bit of pragmatism by continuing the look the other way. 

Otherwise half the ESL teachers will be gone, to be replaced by Thais who can barely speak English.

Archived