BANGKOK
webfact

Chiang Mai: Crackdown on tourists teaching at language institutes and cram schools

8 hours ago, bkkatl said:

I value my job

Just leave comments at that than.

We all understand from which side the bread is buttered

9 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Get em all

many EP/international schools in Bangkok have teachers WITHOUT a degree teaching or shady school graduate like religious school from USA? Sound familiar Mr.T??? 

Probably a cover up for some other activities. Very common to have such schools in Latin America. Usually they have some other purpose than religious. Like those non profits organizations to launder money and "help" the kids.

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Change the rules. Thailand needs to loosen up and adopt a more lesse fair attitude.  It needs about a hundred thousand westerners working at all levels, teachers  builders, DJs, etc etc.

'I'm sure all the people in your home country love you when shouting to the illegal immigrants without WP and proper visa 'we need hundred thousand of you workers of all levels, welcome 🤔

17 hours ago, bkkatl said:

I think bigger issue is people on marriage and retirement visas working without a permit. Half the guys I know don't have a work permit but they're married.

And that’s an issue for you? Get a life..

• Like 1

Most of this kind of language schools can’t afford for qualified teachers.So they hire tourists. 

19 hours ago, bkkatl said:

I agree. My company, which hires teachers and then forwards them on to Thai public schools, hires people with no work permits often. I get less money every month working legally than the people working illegally. My agency is so big however, that immigration doesn't blink an eye. 

The name of your company is?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

Plenty falang Yoga teachers doing the same. It is fraud. 

Well, I did it for 10 years and call it like you want, I taught my students something. They will be better people & more knowledgeable.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bkkatl said:

I agree. My company, which hires teachers and then forwards them on to Thai public schools, hires people with no work permits often. I get less money every month working legally than the people working illegally. My agency is so big however, that immigration doesn't blink an eye. 

Do something to educate yourself then so you can get more money. 

2 hours ago, swifty5x5 said:

I have meet Thai english teachers that do not speak english.

In Thailand woman are not woman too though..

42 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Most of this kind of language schools can’t afford for qualified teachers.So they hire tourists. 

I wont teach for 45k a month with a legit qualification. Anyone who does must be real smart