BANGKOK
RoyLee

gf responsible for late mom's debt?

20 hours ago, RoyLee said:

Yes, she is paying 2000baht/week which goes to interest only, incurred from mom's gambling debts, she says. 

You paid for her mother's bills at the hospital even when she had almost "free" health care. 

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."

• Like 2

she cherry picks the little Debts, yet she's University qualified Accountant! 

7 hours ago, justin case said:

sick buffalo story, you might be boyfriend nr 5 that is paying for all you know

just think: how did those women ever live before they met you, the ATM ?

He is not payi9ng anything of the debt.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Runs up a debt with a loan shark to pay for her sick mom's free health care.

Sounds doubtful IMHO.

Not sure why you would have any contact with an 'ex-gf' either, different if you have children together of course.

No, she is paying interest on mom's debt, not for health care.

5 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Lololol TOTAL SCAM.........don’t be fooled by this <deleted>.

All you have to do to make this go away is ask for proof.  DONE.

When I first got together with my, now wife, she told me that she had a 10k debt to a loan shark in her village and that she hadn't payed the interest for months and the debt was now 17k baht. She also said that the woman was harrassing her family who had given the loan shark her phone number to get her off their back and she was getting some very threatening phone calls.I thought "scam 100%". I told her that as we were going to the village in a couple of weeks, I woukld pay the debt off personally.

When we went to the village, my wife took me round to the woman's house. She had a proper ledger with my wife's debt in it and a contract signed by my wife. I asked her how much my wife owed and she said 17k baht. I pulled out a roll with 10k in it and said to her, "Sign the contract off as paid and i give you 10k or we walk out of here now and you don't see either of us again". She signed the contract and snapped the money out of my hand.

I've since learned that it's a very common occurrence in Issan villages.

• Like 1

"Shortly after the start of our brief relationship, it became apparent my purpose in the relationship was to help finance her sick mom's health-care."

And now you want to take care of her debts at the loan sharks and afterwards you will take care of... But what do you want to achieve by doing this? That the relationship might start again? That she will be grateful until the end of your days? Or what? 

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Runs up a debt with a loan shark to pay for her sick mom's free health care.

Sounds doubtful IMHO.

Not sure why you would have any contact with an 'ex-gf' either, different if you have children together of course.

i have contact with most of my ex"s no kids involved and have sex with some still.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:33 AM, Tomahawk21 said:

i have contact with most of my ex"s no kids involved and have sex with some still.

you also pay their gambling moms debts?

On 11/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, Captain 776 said:

All you have to do to make this go away is ask for proof.  DONE.

Why be so meticulous?  This is a nonsense story particularly as was never mentioned before her mother's death.  Give a very wide berth and get on with your life.  

Inflammatory posts, insulting posts and the replies have been removed. 

A post containing a link to another forum has been removed:

13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com or its sponsors.

A post containing an invalid link has been removed:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.

On 11/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, zhounan said:

you also pay their gambling moms debts?

NO ! I am am not that stupid. thx

On 11/21/2019 at 9:05 AM, fxe1200 said:

If you pay, pay directly to the creditor. Make sure you have a signed receipt in Thai and a signed transcript in English, with the remark, that with this final payment the loan has been payed off completely.

Absolutely, and when you have all that that from the village loan shark, don't forget to get their current business card with e-mail, SWIFT Code and all current social media and international branch addresses in case you need them again.

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, Just Weird said:

She's not legally responsible but this sounds as though the debt was not incurred from a traditional, legal source.  It could have been from a loan shark and they do not work within the parameters of the law, so, yes, the story has some credibility.

yes. sorry, this post has credibility. sad fact. sadly true. 

unofficial loan does not belong to any other but, the sharks will say (threaten)otherwise.

unfortunately i have experience of this. not pleasant...

Interesting to read all comments;

but at the end :

It is up to you to believe her story, or not. 

It is up to you to finance her, whatever you believe her story, or not. 

Do what you think is right/best for you. 

The veracity of the claim doesn't matter. If a mafia-like loan shark is threatening her to pay her dead mother's gambling debts: RUN! If she's lying that a mafia-like loan shark is threatening her to pay her dead mother's gambling debts: RUN!

You're actually lucky if she's lying. Because if the thugs threatening her find out that you're the cash cow, they will start threatening YOU.

As I said: RUN!

Edited by Roy Baht
  • Like 2