Protecting Pattaya tourists a multi-agency job

Rimmer

Protecting Pattaya tourists a multi-agency job

image.png

PATTAYA:-- Protecting tourists is no longer just a job for Pattaya’s police and fire department. In 2019, it involves nearly every sector of the city and provincial government.

Komkrit Polwichid, head of the Pattaya Peace and Security Maintenance’s Special Operations Unit, spoke to the Pattaya Mail Nov. 15 about the multi-agency approach to disaster prevention and response.

With the advent of social media and the 24-hour news cycle, even a single incident can damage a city’s tourism business. Whereas 10 or 20 years ago authorities were content to have police, marine rescue or firefighters handle problems, now it involves administrators and technical experts.

Komkrit said Pattaya focuses on prevention first, keeping every forward-facing organization connected through communication systems and technology. The hope is to prevent accidents or mitigate disasters before they get out of control.

See more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/protecting-pattaya-tourists-a-multi-agency-job-276580

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-11-20--

41 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Komkrit said Pattaya focuses on prevention first, keeping every forward-facing organization connected through communication systems and technology.

Being cynical, does that mean "prevention first' does everything it can to prevent negative news escaping?

They no not what they do! Get off your flight for the first time seeing armed police everywhere. Then arrive at your hotel and go for a walk seeing armed police everywhere stopping tourists checking documents like some old ww2 movie and getting urine drug tested on the street as you watch armed SWAT/Military rounding up OAP's and frog marched them down to the local police station for playing Darts or Bridge or maybe see some poor old tourists having their heads stomped by 6 drunk Thai men..... Think reputation is well known thanks to the Internet. 

10 hours ago, Scot123 said:

They no not what they do! Get off your flight for the first time seeing armed police everywhere. Then arrive at your hotel and go for a walk seeing armed police everywhere stopping tourists checking documents like some old ww2 movie and getting urine drug tested on the street as you watch armed SWAT/Military rounding up OAP's and frog marched them down to the local police station for playing Darts or Bridge or maybe see some poor old tourists having their heads stomped by 6 drunk Thai men..... Think reputation is well known thanks to the Internet. 

Ah, the man with the PhD in exaggeration. ????

Good evening, I'd only heard rumours of your existence before.

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

I felt really protected 2 times last week as the police harassed me at road check points in Pattaya....spreading the love baby

Agree totally; the Bandits-in-Brown were out in force on 2nd Road last night. It is officially an offence to drive if you have a white face.

The photo  looks like Jomtien to me  and why have they blurred out some of the signs ??

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

the Bandits-in-Brown were out in force on 2nd Road last night

where a bouts on 2nd road ?  I got stopped and fined years ago  on second road just outside the Big C (  AKA Central Marina )

for having the "wrong colour" headlight    yes it was a blueish colour not the (factory) dull yellow..nowadays every new bike and car  comes factory fitted with ulta bright  ultra white LED's  that are quite blinding to oncoming traffic  but great for seeing in the dark at all other times ????

10 hours ago, Traubert said:

Ah, the man with the PhD in exaggeration. ????

Good evening, I'd only heard rumours of your existence before.

The sad thing is every single thing I have said is true, yes 100% true. Your flippant remark and attempt at being funny is very sad. Check every single thing I have said and if you are man enough and see I am not making things up apologise!!! 

15 hours ago, johng said:

The photo  looks like Jomtien to me  and why have they blurred out some of the signs ??

where a bouts on 2nd road ?  I got stopped and fined years ago  on second road just outside the Big C (  AKA Central Marina )

for having the "wrong colour" headlight    yes it was a blueish colour not the (factory) dull yellow..nowadays every new bike and car  comes factory fitted with ulta bright  ultra white LED's  that are quite blinding to oncoming traffic  but great for seeing in the dark at all other times ????

By Kiss restaurant.  Couple of months back, I was done for trickling 5 cms over a white line at less than 1 km an hour whilst waiting to turn right in Jomtien.  How does this officer's action help bring down the daily road kill? 

When I went the next day to pay the ransom on my licence, at the One-Stop-Mint AKA Pattaya Cop Shop, I reckon they were coining in 12K an hour in pointless fines.

Archived