Thai court disqualifies rising opposition party leader Thanathorn as MP

webfact

1 hour ago, Nip said:

I entirely agree. What really pi$$es me off is all foreign governments are fully aware of the election fraud and all our ambassadors at the first opportunity bowed down before the Commander in Chief crediting Bozo with returning democracy.

Exactly wasn’t Raab grubbing around Thailand looking to drum up trade for a flagging Brexit debacle ? 

Democracy my <deleted>!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, newnative said:

You can eliminate a leader but it's going to be more difficult for the junta to eliminate a movement.

He is not allowed to be an MP, but he remains the leading figure in the movement. 

So...

4 minutes ago, khunpa said:

No surprise. Next step will be to get him jailed or forced out of the country.

Which will either make him a martyr, or an exiled, influential and well resourced dissident. 

Either way he remains a big problem for the dinosaurs. After all there is already one influential exiled politician who commands the support of a large proportion of the population (the rural poor), now they risk creating another who appears to command the support of the young urban educated population...

16 hours ago, seajae said:

not unexpected but definitely not a good judgement, if the facts as were stated were correct he was ok to do what he did, pressure has obviously been used here to get the required result and stop FF from taking over thai politics

god this so much reminds me of when Pauline Hanson first put a dent it the two party vote they nearly got her put in prison on pretty much the same things

25 minutes ago, JAG said:

He is not allowed to be an MP, but he remains the leading figure in the movement. 

So...

Which will either make him a martyr, or an exiled, influential and well resourced dissident. 

Either way he remains a big problem for the dinosaurs. After all there is already one influential exiled politician who commands the support of a large proportion of the population (the rural poor), now they risk creating another who appears to command the support of the young urban educated population...

Given that our governments are climbing over one another to kiss the junta's backside and have turned blind eyes for years, ridding themselves of another popular figure will not be causing the junta any sleepless nights. Protests? Kill the ringleaders and the rest will fall into line. Job done.

52 minutes ago, newnative said:

You can eliminate a leader but it's going to be more difficult for the junta to eliminate a movement.

Why? If they can do it with the Shinawatras they can just as easily do it with the FFP.

8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

As long as they keeping buying the weapons and don't do a Tiannemen Square they'll be fine.  

As long as they keep buying the weapons, our governments won't care what they do with them. Tiannemen Square in Bangkok? Give it a few months and the sheeple will have long forgotten.

2 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Yes, you did change after about four years of pro-coup daily posts. The evidence is in the archives for those who wish to go back and find it. We still suffer the effects of those who supported or were apathetic to this regime. Thanatorn is one of the latest victims. There will be more. I hope those who supported this fascism in the past are now willing to support the people and stop making excuses for human rights abusers.

Its not as if my support of the coup changed a thing. I am still anti Thaksin but really pro Thanathorn. But when the junta does something good i will still support them. It all depend actions not on what group someone belongs too.

If Thanathorn proved to be corrupt even though i support him i would attack him on that. I'm not bound by any party I look at things on a case to case base.

Id wven support good ideas of Thaksin even though i dont like him.

For me its the action that depends if i support or attack not who came up with it.

18 hours ago, robblok said:

IMHO 

an unfair ruling but almost to be expected. If the proof Thanathorn gave to the media was real (can never be sure) then its unfair and a bad ruling.

But they really wanted him gone so this is not unexpected.

This shows how the “system” change after the army take over 5 years ago. And again after the “elections”.

And who give the job to decide this case.

My English is not enough to translate. If you not read thai, ask your thai friend to explain.

C83C6B47-DC5D-4F3B-A1BB-30D7A0AE483A.jpeg

18 hours ago, Eligius said:

We all saw this coming a million miles away - and predicted it again and again and again.

Thailand is completely lost now.

And the Thais have let it all happen without even a multi-million-fold whimper ...

(Some people will say, as they have constantly optimistically claimed: 'Just you wait now -   millions of Thais will rise up and voice their furiois protests.' To which I reply: 'Yes, just as we were told that they would do in 2015, in 2016, in 2017, in 2018, in all of 2019 - yeah, sure - and I've got some beautiful, exclusive lakeside property I can sell you on the sunny side of Neptune!').

Maybe you were not around in 1973, 1976 and 1992 ?

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Maybe you were not around in 1973, 1976 and 1992 ?

You are right: there were some very, very brave Thais at those times. I have enormous respect for their courage. Amazing people. But there were NOT millions and millions of them - and that is the point.

Since 2010, the fight has gone out of the Thai people. One can understand why - but facts remain facts. They ain't going to do anything really substantial (in their MILLIONS) about what is happening now. 

End of (and the junta KNOW it)!

This guy tried to change the status quo of Thailand, the power structure that no one should touch: BKK elites families - Army - the court of eunuchs living behind the royal family. This is his only fault. Anyone who dares touch the Triad is thrown down from the pyramid. 

18 hours ago, Eligius said:

We all saw this coming a million miles away - and predicted it again and again and again.

Thailand is completely lost now.

And the Thais have let it all happen without even a multi-million-fold whimper ...

(Some people will say, as they have constantly optimistically claimed: 'Just you wait now -   millions of Thais will rise up and voice their furiois protests.' To which I reply: 'Yes, just as we were told that they would do in 2015, in 2016, in 2017, in 2018, in all of 2019 - yeah, sure - and I've got some beautiful, exclusive lakeside property I can sell you on the sunny side of Neptune!').

Well, they rose up in 2010 and look where that got them. Nowhere at all, except it leading to one of Thailand's military coups.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Future Forward leader also faces two criminal charges,

They won't quit until they've contrived a charge that will see him locked up. Obviously, they recognize that he is a force to be reckoned with.

19 hours ago, robblok said:

IMHO 

an unfair ruling but almost to be expected. If the proof Thanathorn gave to the media was real (can never be sure) then its unfair and a bad ruling.

But they really wanted him gone so this is not unexpected.

Only unfair if he didn't have the transfer documents to prove his innocence... I like the guy & wanted to see him back in his rightful seat but he couldn't provide the necessary evidence.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Given that our governments are climbing over one another to kiss the junta's backside and have turned blind eyes for years, ridding themselves of another popular figure will not be causing the junta any sleepless nights. Protests? Kill the ringleaders and the rest will fall into line. Job done.

Oh I don't think any of "our governments" are interested - they are under no illusions about how Thailand is run and regard it as a joke. The change, however it will be effected, will come from within the country. I continue to think it will happen. It may take a long time, but when the tipping point is eventually reached things will move rapidly.

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Only unfair if he didn't have the transfer documents to prove his innocence... I like the guy & wanted to see him back in his rightful seat but he couldn't provide the necessary evidence.

That is why i said if the the proof was there in the media he said he had it. Else its not unfair nut by the book.

Bias and politically motivated for sure but if he did not have the documents then its his fault.

I like him too he the best

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

More than a thorn indeed. 

Will the junta now go for the jugular and make criminal charges against him for daring to challenge the status quo?

The junta knows no shame. They will crucify the one who could successfully displace them.

14 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

I don't think you understood the context of my comment. I was responding to user "seajae" in post #4:

"not unexpected but definitely not a good judgement, if the facts as were stated were correct he was ok to do what he did, pressure has obviously been used here to get the required result and stop FF from taking over thai politics". (Emphasis mine.)

I'm assuming from that post, that he was stating that some sort of pressure was placed on the judges to render this decision. My response, "I doubt there was any "pressure" involved in this case. It's just how things work here." was simply a statement that the court system and judges, are one of the tools used by the ruling class here to maintain their hold on power, so they were just doing what they were supposed to do. No pressure needed.

It doesn't matter what Thanatorn did or did not do, nor does the legality of it matter. He's a threat and has to be eliminated.

He may fall from balcony, accidentally,?????

Archived