I'm held by immigration in suvarnabhumi airport

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

So you are on a Non Imm O multiple entry, correct ?? If this is true and they are now asking these sort of questions, it doesn't bode well !!! Since when has there been a requirement to show 7k CAD on entry with this type of visa ??

Yes Non O multiple entry.....I don'y know it's the first time i've been questionning by IO the other thing now since my wife is involve they only speak Thai so i understand the half of the conversation...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SteveK said:

If this is true then it's a scandal. 5000 CAD is 133k baht. Suddenly upping the requirement to 7000 CAD on a whim is suspicious, much like this post. Can you post some pictures to show where you are being held?

Up to you me i was scare they take my money for any f&?%$$ reason.........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ndreamer said:

That's crazy on a non-o. lucky you flew with your wife and had the cash. 

Who carriers 7k CAD with them ? Not to many

It's travel check ....i knew about the 20k Bahts but this i don't understand....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If they deny you you could appeal the denial using form TM11: https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548054958.pdf (The fee is either 1900 or 2000THB, i forgot how much exactly)

Ask them for details why they ask you to show money, why 7000CAD and whatever else comes in your mind, and let us know their answers.

Please explain this TM11 from. If they are keeping me in Immigration at Swampy, how would I download, print, fill in and give it for an appeal.

I am returning via Swampy on 14th Dec and need to be ready and informed in case anything like this happens to me.....without the Mrs being there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

I know that this SHOULD NOT matter......   but what is your age,  and how was your appearance

at the airport ?   In other words,  did you dress fairly well .  I don't mean suit and thai, but shorts and old t shirt or lots of tattoos or ?  that would make you stand out?  

I read these types of posts almost daily. Folk on holidays eg tourists dress like the shorts etc. What's with the slacks rubbish. To me looks like a worker.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Using the Bangkok airports is always a gamble. Sometimes worth the risk but a gamble all the same.

I feel bad for all the guys who don't follow Facebook groups or forums like this and are not aware of how much things have changed, even for visa holders.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Please explain this TM11 from. If they are keeping me in Immigration at Swampy, how would I download, print, fill in and give it for an appeal.

I am returning via Swampy on 14th Dec and need to be ready and informed in case anything like this happens to me.....without the Mrs being there.

If you ask to appeal they should provide you with the form. If they aren’t prepared to give you the form they are unlikely to accept one you’ve prepared earlier either.

They have 7 days to process the appeal and can keep you at the airport while the decisions made.

Unless the threat of wanting to appeal persuades them to let you in, an appeal is highly unlikely I succeed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Unless the threat of wanting to appeal persuades them to let you in, an appeal is highly unlikely I succeed.

I don't agree,

Unless they had a legitimate and truthful reason to refuse you, your appeal is almost certain to pass unopposed.

The minister is required to confirm your denial of entry within 7 days, or you get to enter, no reply is a win for you.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2