I'm held by immigration in suvarnabhumi airport

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't agree,

Unless they had a legitimate and truthful reason to refuse you, your appeal is almost certain to pass unopposed.

They do have — in most cases — a legitimate reason that’s backed up by their seniors, and an appeal is pointless.

The IO’s will either back down or accept the TM.11. Logically they would only accept the TM.11 if they know their decision won’t be overturned.

The idea that someone can appeal against being denied entry because they’ve spent too long in the country with the wrong visa is laughable.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

You can't follow it even if you read here daily....this is the first time i read about them refusing entry to a non-o and i still don't know why....to get the non-o i have to show them sufficient funds already before i get it. It's getting really really ridiculous now.

A ME Non O visa is not meant to be used to live in the country. Fortunately the authorities have tolerated this practice for years, but don’t be surprised if they put a stop to it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

TIT. I have given up trying to make any sense of these arbitrary rules. If you are monied with elite visa or have connections then you are most likely ok but the others might get unlucky at the border. Like a negative lottery. Just speculation but I think the border custom officials might have somekind of bonus system in place, based on number of deported people. 

Edited by Timwin

21 minutes ago, Bigstef said:

I dress with jeans and a polo light jacket and nice shoes,navy cut hair im 50 but look 40,no tattoos nothing to stand out....

Thanks for the response , which is honest and not defensive .  The fact that you look fairly "normal"  does tell me something:    this could happen randomly to anyone.   

The guys here that think appearance doesn't matter in many cases just don't get it .  When i was single and in my 30's i was always singled out returning to the states .    Guess it was cause i am ....was...... so hansum

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

A ME Non O visa is not meant to be used to live in the country. Fortunately the authorities have tolerated this practice for years, but don’t be surprised if they put a stop to it.

Which visa is for a spouse to live in thailand?

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looking 'normal' means you look like you're going to work.

I look 'old' and look like I have a pension, nobody thinks I'm going to ever work again.

@fruitman Me too!

QUOTE: Looking 'normal' means you look like you're going to work.

So you think that 90% of tourists can expect problems for possibly wanting to work without a work permit?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I use a Non O multi as it's my only option, working off shore... That's the correct visa for my circumstances and yet they look at you like a criminal every time you enter the Land Of Smiles ????????

Granted, then the fingerprints and facial recognition scan to top it off.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lkv said:

Some called me a troll for stating that, less than 24 hours ago, on a different thread.

It's meant to be used if you live here but work away 6 months of the year.. Otherwise you have to run the gauntlet of visa exempt entries and the possibility of being turned away !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigstef said:

I dress with jeans and a polo light jacket and nice shoes,navy cut hair im 50 but look 40,no tattoos nothing to stand out....

Did your wife tell you what was that ordeal all about when immigration questioned her and wanted to see the 7K Cad?

14 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

English is not his first language (he come from the same region than me). What he meant was that he was prevented from entering Thailand and then interviewed in a small room before they finally let him in. If they didn't liked the interview the next step would have been signing the denial of entry form and being put in detention. 

So if you get the ME non-o marriage based in Canada don't you have to show them sufficient funds first when you apply?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fruitman said:

So if you get the ME non-o marriage based in Canada don't you have to show them sufficient funds first when you apply?

Not sure. I got one in HMC and they did not ask for proof of funds. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

They like to play that game with me, as often leaving as entering.

My reason to enter is always to look after my son, my answer for speaking Thai is always NO.

Usually their English isn't good enough to ask any other questions.

I always feel speaking Thai to any Thai officials is a mistake, they clearly don't like it.

Unfortunately, most foreigners can only speak elementary Thai or at best lower intermediate Thai and not good enough to have a real conversation with them.

Why do you think they won't like it?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1