I'm held by immigration in suvarnabhumi airport

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

So if you get the ME non-o marriage based in Canada don't you have to show them sufficient funds first when you apply?

No when i go make my visa they don't ask for money proof,only thing i need was police clearance

Edited by Bigstef
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bigstef said:

Now waiting for the shuttle trying to  jai yen yen as my wife tell me,but is there anything i can do about what just happen i feel like i've been treated like a punk...............Not the way you want to start your holiday...

they made it clear they don't care about you and will play whatever games they want.   they have all the power, but one.... you can leave.  

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where does section twelve state that is a reason for denial of entry?

You well know that it is the underlying reason for the denial, but not the reason given for denial on the issued (legal) expulsion notice. IO's are instructed to use their discretion when denying entry to serial tourists - and to use any qualifying reason under S.12 that fits.

The visitor would be appealing the actual reason given on the notice. And you also well know - or should - that the IO's are working to orders from the top and they are the same people that would be deciding/influencing the appeal. So the visitor would effectively be appealing against the people instructing the IO's.

It does not say that and what you wrote is only your biased opinion.

That doesn't make sense, and what "biased opinion" would that be?

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect this could have been a miscommunication and that they may have been asking for USD 700 rather that CAD 7,000 as $700 would be the required 20,000 baht for entry.

I had 5000$ in travel check on me

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I use a Non O multi as it's my only option, working off shore... That's the correct visa for my circumstances and yet they look at you like a criminal every time you enter the Land Of Smiles ????????

As long as you're spending long periods outside the country between visits I don't see why an IO would have a problem. It's the guys that are leaving and returning every 90 days that are likely to come unstuck.

The visa is meant for people that live outside the country (not work outside); that want to visit multiple times during the year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

they made it clear they don't care about you and will play whatever games they want.   they have all the power, but one.... you can leave.  

I'm no sure but i think they want a bribe,they didn't say directly but the fact i have travel check and my wife was there help me maybe i'm wrong..

• Like 1

Wonder what the IO would have said to the OP if he showed them that rule #4 is on every Thai government website on the internet.

The amounts vary for different visas:
1. Transit Visa holder: Must hold minimum THB 10,000 per passenger or THB 20,000 per family.
2. Tourist Visa holder: Must hold minimum THB 20,000 per passenger or THB 40,000 per family.
3. Visa on Arrival: Must hold minimum THB 10,000 per passenger or THB 20,000 per family.
4. Non Immigrant Visa holder: Must hold minimum THB 20,000 per passenger or THB 40,000 per family.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's not a good idea, having a valid visa does not give anyone the right to enter Thailand!

Exactly, just ask all the people who are being denied every day entering Thailand that have a "Valid" tourist visa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Bigstef said:
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect this could have been a miscommunication and that they may have been asking for USD 700 rather that CAD 7,000 as $700 would be the required 20,000 baht for entry.

I had 5000$ in travel check on me

If you are asked for funds you have to produce cash!  TCs are not cash.

10 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

They only would grant me single entry non o 2 yrs ago, proof of marriage, no funds (Thai Embassy Ottawa). 

I made my non O multiple visa for 6 years in a row in the Montreal consulate and they never ask for funds

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, parryhandy said:

it's been apparent for some time that immigration at the airport are on some kind of a denial quota system, maybe they are running out of easy marks.

Maybe even a bonus system. For years they did not care that much. Just checked the visa, typed/scanned into computer and stamped the passport. 

Now all of sudden these interrogations and checks for richer-than-Thais, western foreigners FLYING into Thailand. More money and other perks are definitely now involved for the officials...

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Timwin said:

Maybe even a bonus system. For years they did not care that much. Just checked the visa, typed/scanned into computer and stamped the passport. 

Now all of sudden these interrogations and checks for richer-than-Thais, western foreigners FLYING into Thailand. More money and other perks are definitely now involved for the officials...

There is no evidence of “money and other perks”.

The reality is that they have been clamping down on the ‘misuse’ of visas for years — and what’s happening at the airports is just a progression of that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

A 1 year extension of stay.

But numerous posts have said it is not possible to get a 1 year marriage extension in under 90 days.

So perhaps not compatible with many using non-O ME. 

Even if an extension could be obtained, cannot see the great advantage of one of those with a multi-entry permit, compared with a ME visa. They are both  temporary visit mechanisms.

• Like 1