MRT unveils ‘Christmas gift’ for Bangkok commuters

snoop1130

MRT unveils ‘Christmas gift’ for Bangkok commuters

By THE NATION

800_ec958964927e79c.jpg

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRT), complying with government policy to ease the cost of living, will lower fares on its Purple Line as well as the cost of 30-day advanced tickets starting on December 25.

MRT chairperson Sarawut Songsivilai and MRT governor Pakapong Sirikantaramas announced the decision on Wednesday (November 20).

“Single journeys on the Purple Line will cost less in off-peak periods – weekends, public holidays and 9am to 5pm on workdays,” Sarawut said. “The current fare rate will drop from Bt14-Bt42 to Bt14-Bt20. The initial Bt14 represents the entrance fee, which will increase to Bt17 at the first station and Bt20 for the rest.”

Fares will be halved for children up to 14 years old and 100 centimetres in height and for citizens who are 60 or over. Students 14 to 22 years old will enjoy a 10-per-cent discount.

Also benefiting will be passengers with multi-use fare cards for the Purple and Blue Lines, including the MRT card, MRT Plus, business traveller card and co-business card. They can ask MRT staff to top them up at a discount.

“The prices will be Bt780 for 15 journeys, Bt1,250 for 25, Bt1,920 for 40 and Bt2,350 for 50,” Sarawut said. 

“To take advantage of this, you have to make your first journey within 45 days of topping up and all the rest within 30 days of that.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378552

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-20

10 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Ceases to amaze me Thailand brags its 90% plus Buddhist , yet must celebrate Christian doctrine of Xmas?

some of my friend's children, who dont attend christian schools here, told me yesterday they were looking forward to christmas because of the parties/events held at their school meant they would not be studying, and they even thought this might be a good reason to become christian! ????

3 hours ago, legend49 said:

Ceases to amaze me Thailand brags its 90% plus Buddhist , yet must celebrate Christian doctrine of Xmas?

Is that a problem? Suits me just fine. And anyway, Thailand only pretends to be Buddhist. Thai Buddhism bears little resemblance to the real thing, best demonstrated by it's worship of money and Me First mentality.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Is that a problem? Suits me just fine. And anyway, Thailand only pretends to be Buddhist. Thai Buddhism bears little resemblance to the real thing, best demonstrated by it's worship of money and Me First mentality.

Very well said my friend!!! Welcome to the land of contradiction!!!

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRT), complying with government policy to ease the cost of living

If the government simply lowered the VAT to (say) 6%, all these various gifts aren't needed and the cost savings will continue throughout the year.

16 hours ago, samsensam said:

some of my friend's children, who dont attend christian schools here, told me yesterday they were looking forward to christmas because of the parties/events held at their school meant they would not be studying, and they even thought this might be a good reason to become christian! ????

That ran in my thoughts when I was a teen too until I found out it is a propaganda agenda to do business make money to bring back to the west in foreign land which English and Spanish isn't the 1st language.

17 hours ago, legend49 said:

It's been many years since Christmas in the west was about Christianity.  Now, it's all about the Benjamins.  

17 hours ago, legend49 said:

Yes, there is no link between original buddhism and Xmas.

Just like there is no link between original christianity and Xmas.

Xmas goes back to the heathens celebration of the longest night, when the days started to lengthen again.

The christians were not able to stamp out that tradition, and just took it over, and invented the story about their messiah's birth. Same thing happened with All Saints.

Religions! So different, but all same same.

Archived