TM30 and Chaeng Watanna

49 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks for the clarification about your prior foreign travel. I was just asking if you'd had an international arrival during the year prior to your extension application, because that in theory would have triggered a TM30 requirement. But obviously in your case, lately, the IO didn't broach it... Which is very good to hear for BKK CW!

I arrived back in Thailand literally the day after CW started to enforce the TM30 rule. I think they started enforcing it on Monday the 25th of March and I arrived back on the 26th. 

My friend arrived from overseas in April and did his WP renewal in the same month. He got stung for 800 baht. He said there was a separate table/s to process the TM30 and fines. It was absolutely rammed in that area. I had a quick look for this TM30 section in October but couldn’t see anything. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses! My landlord just told me he would give me a rental contract but not with his ID on it. I guess he has something to fear from all this. I'm gonna have to go with Peter's hotel idea and cross my fingers. What I will for sure do is give an update on Friday afternoon as to how it goes... if indeed I get out alive. Thanks again, all. 

18 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Thanks for all the responses! My landlord just told me he would give me a rental contract but not with his ID on it. I guess he has something to fear from all this. I'm gonna have to go with Peter's hotel idea and cross my fingers. What I will for sure do is give an update on Friday afternoon as to how it goes... if indeed I get out alive. Thanks again, all. 

Yes, please keep us informed how it went.

Trust it will all work out well.  Success!

I can't help but assume CW must be getting MORE hardcore about enforcing the TM30 requirements.

When I received my Thailand Elite visa this March, TE was able to do an initial 90 day report for me without a TM30 receipt. Prior to obtaining my TE visa, I had never done a TM30, and I still haven't.

However, when I inquired a few days ago about doing another report, I was advised by TE that the TM30 was mandatory and that I should be prepared to pay an 800 Baht fine.

Sounds like, protests from business groups, et al, notwithstanding, TI is doubling down on the stupid.

7 hours ago, fusion58 said:

They won't accept your 90 day report without a TM30 receipt. At least not at CW, anyway.

You get a TM30 receipt after having done your extension of stay (during which TM30 compliance is checked).

So a QUESTION to clarify:

> When doing your 90-day report in person, do they check once again whether a current TM30 has been filed OR is it just a matter of showing them the TM30 receipt you got during your extension of stay?

Most probably it will be the latter, because you can your 90-day reports also on-line and doing so it is not required to provide evidence of TM30 compliance.

But TiT so anything is possible...

Started a topic to ask for advice, and my thread was promptly removed, so I'll try asking my question here:

I was advised by Thailand Elite that the owner of my condo would have to submit the TM30 report for me at CW.

The owner has already provided me with all the required documents.

The TE rep stated that I would need a signed power of attorney form in order to file the TM30 at CW myself.

I would like to know how the advice I'm receiving jibes with TVF members' personal experiences at CW.

Thanks for any input.

I also think, that hotels not always do a TM30.

This weekend I spend 1 night at the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit (Bangkok) and when they asked me for and ID card, I gave them my Pink ID and they were happy with them. Not asked for passport. And I don't think they can do a TM30 with the Pink ID as there is no mention of anything relate to the passport.

But anyway let's hope this whole TM28/30/47 will be stopped forever and removed from the law!

On 11/23/2019 at 1:51 AM, fusion58 said:

I can't help but assume CW must be getting MORE hardcore about enforcing the TM30 requirements.

When I received my Thailand Elite visa this March, TE was able to do an initial 90 day report for me without a TM30 receipt. Prior to obtaining my TE visa, I had never done a TM30, and I still haven't.

However, when I inquired a few days ago about doing another report, I was advised by TE that the TM30 was mandatory and that I should be prepared to pay an 800 Baht fine.

Sounds like, protests from business groups, et al, notwithstanding, TI is doubling down on the stupid.

The information you're getting from TE is behind the curve. Back in March, TM30s were unenforced in Bangkok just as they always had been, but in April immigration decided to take a hard line on it. This resulted in several months of chaos, widespread media outrage and an FCCT meeting with immigration top brass. Since then, promises to simplify the system haven't really materialised, but they've certainly eased off with the hard enforcement in the past two or three months, evidenced by people getting their usernames and passwords back by return, and an absence of people reporting getting fined recently. 

maybe a bit of topic but still to do with TM30.

Friend arrives from Europe for a 5 day stay, on arrival he puts staying at the eg. Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, changes mind as I persuade him to stay at our house. Does the wife have do a TM 30 ? 

6 minutes ago, akampa said:

maybe a bit of topic but still to do with TM30.

Friend arrives from Europe for a 5 day stay, on arrival he puts staying at the eg. Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, changes mind as I persuade him to stay at our house. Does the wife have do a TM 30 ? 

Since he will not be doing anything at immigration there will be no need to do a TM30 report.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I was advised by Thailand Elite that the owner of my condo would have to submit the TM30 report for me at CW.

The owner has already provided me with all the required documents.

The TE rep stated that I would need a signed power of attorney form in order to file the TM30 at CW myself.

I would like to know how the advice I'm receiving jibes with TVF members' personal experiences at CW.

Thanks for any input.

Sorry, I do not know the exact procedure currently being followed at CW when people file a TM30 there in person.

>> Other TVF members will be able to answer that question.

But since you have all the required documents, why don't you simply register on the IO TM30 website and do your TM30 filings on-line.

For sure that will take less time, than having to go to CW and doing it there.

When you need info on how to do register on-line, just PM me and I will send over a step-by-step instruction to register and file your TM30s online.

On 11/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, DrJack54 said:

I can only relate first hand what happened to me Oct 8 CW. 

I attended imm for annual extension (retirement). I asked my condo to do tm30 upon my last reentry on Oct 5. 

Fist one my condo ever did in 7 years same place. 

Point is I had read many previous reports from members of first up being asked for tm30, then being sent off to other que line.

In my case the first comment io was "bankbook please".....etc.

She crossed off and ticked off all docs. 

My last page was print out of tm30 from my condo office. She did not even pick it up. Just pushed it back and said..."you need keep"

They see you did it in the computer already. 

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Sorry, I do not know the exact procedure currently being followed at CW when people file a TM30 there in person.

>> Other TVF members will be able to answer that question.

But since you have all the required documents, why don't you simply register on the IO TM30 website and do your TM30 filings on-line.

For sure that will take less time, than having to go to CW and doing it there.

When you need info on how to do register on-line, just PM me and I will send over a step-by-step instruction to register and file your TM30s online.

I registered for the TM30 website (FN Hotel) back in May.

My registration was approved three months later, but I never received username and password.

Regularly checked spam folder - nothing.

I tried starting over from scratch, resubmitting documents, etc., but received  "this address has already been registered" error message.

Tried Section 38 app also. Registration failed.

Edited by fusion58

Just now, fusion58 said:

I registered for the TM30 website (FN Hotel) back in May.

My registration was approved three months later, but I never received username and password.

Regularly checked spam folder - nothing.

I tried starting over from scratch, resubmitting documents, etc., but received  "this address has already been registered" error message.

At that time Section38 didn't work properly, but since maybe 2 months it works perfect, but you need to submit correct documents. I got my verification mail after 15 seconds, and username and password after another 15 seconds. Section38 version 1.0.20 works.

26 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Thanks - it was just 2-3 weeks ago that I downloaded Section 38 app and tried it.

No luck.

What didn't work? You're not supposed to fill in any fields without an *

Did you register as a Foreigner? What documents did you submit? 

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What didn't work? You're not supposed to fill in any fields without an *

Did you register as a Foreigner? What documents did you submit? 

I submitted copies of landlord's Thai ID, house book, my lease agreement, etc. In other words, all the same documents I used to successfully register on the FN Hotel site.

Update: (Here's some irony for you.) I just now received the email with my username and password as I was typing this reply. After applying in May.

Never a dull moment here in the Land Of Shakedowns.

2 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

I submitted copies of landlord's Thai ID, house book, my lease agreement, etc. In other words, all the same documents I used to successfully register on the FN Hotel site.

Update: (Here's some irony for you.) I just now received the email with my username and password as I was typing this reply. After applying in May.

Never a dull moment here in the Land Of Shakedowns.

If you registered as a Foreigner,and in the next stage as the possessor, you just needed 2 documents: The first page in your rental contract and the photo/info page in your passport. That's all. The rest is overkill. That's also all you need when doing the TM30 report using Section38. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, Max69xl said:

If you registered as a Foreigner,and in the next stage as the possessor, you just needed 2 documents: The first page in your rental contract and the photo/info page in your passport. That's all. The rest is overkill. That's also all you need when doing the TM30 report using Section38. 

One question about potentially using the Section38 app to fulfill the TM30 reporting requirement.

I'm pretty sure I saw one post earlier this year where the poster said CW Immigration refused to accept a screen capture of his Section38 app report and insisted on a paper original. But I haven't seen much further on that issue one way or the other since then.

So the question is -- for folks who have been using the Section 38 app, what's happening when you actually go to BKK CW thereafter?

--the IO checks and sees you're already up to date in their system, without you having to produce anything?

--the IO is satisfied by seeing a mobile phone screen capture of your Section38 app filing?

--Something else?

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One question about potentially using the Section38 app to fulfill the TM30 reporting requirement.

I'm pretty sure I saw one post earlier this year where the poster said CW Immigration refused to accept a screen capture of his Section38 app report and insisted on a paper original. But I haven't seen much further on that issue one way or the other since then.

So the question is -- for folks who have been using the Section 38 app, what's happening when you actually go to BKK CW thereafter?

--the IO checks and sees you're already up to date in their system, without you having to produce anything?

--the IO is satisfied by seeing a mobile phone screen capture of your Section38 app filing?

--Something else?

I don't understand why they didn't include a printout of the accepted TM30 report, like they did with the online 90 days report. It seems like several offices incl CW don't know about the missing printout function and don't trust the screenshot.

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't understand why they didn't include a printout of the accepted TM30 report, like they did with the online 90 days report. It seems like several offices incl CW don't know about the missing printout function and don't trust the screenshot.

Have you had any direct personal experience with that?

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Have you had any direct personal experience with that?

No personal experience but there's been reports here. At one immigration office when a guy showed them the screenshot, the officer just frowned and printed out a new receipt and throwed the screenshot in the waste basket. Another officer said a foreigner can't use the Section38 app. So, imo they don't have a clue.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

No personal experience but there's been reports here. At one immigration office when a guy showed them the screenshot, the officer just frowned and printed out a new receipt and throwed the screenshot in the waste basket. Another officer said a foreigner can't use the Section38 app. So, imo they don't have a clue.

That's the kind of problematic question created by these kinds of reports that we've both seen here...

What's the good of having Immigration's much ballyhoo'd TM30 mobile device app (a supposed convenient method of complying, they say) if at least some of the various Immigration Offices don't seem to accept filings made with it???

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's the kind of problematic question created by these kinds of reports that we've both seen here...

What's the good of having Immigration's much ballyhoo'd TM30 mobile device app (a supposed convenient method of complying, they say) if at least some of the various Immigration Offices don't seem to accept filings made with it???

They could at least have a proper printout function of the receipt. 

• 2 weeks later...

I EMS postal mailed in to BKK CW my TM30 self-report shortly after returning from an international trip in mid-December.

Got the TM30 return receipt slip back in the mail today from BKK CW roughly one week after I had mailed it in.

No idea how assertively BKK CW is requiring TM30s for extension of stay applications these days. But they certainly are processing mailed-in TM30 submissions in relatively quick fashion.