TM30 and Chaeng Watanna

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No idea how assertively BKK CW is requiring TM30s for extension of stay applications these days.

A TM-30 data point from this past week at BKK CW:

- My latest 1-Year Extension of Stay (based on Non-O Retirement Visa) was obtained
- A photo copy of the only TM-30 I ever filed in the Fall of 2018 (in-person at BKK CW), and a photo copy of it's corresponding receipt (w/original receipt stapled in passport), were submitted along with the usual annual paperwork for the extension
- In 2019, I stayed multiple consecutive nights in a hotel (int'l hotel chain) in another province; upon returning to BKK, I intentionally did not submit a TM-30 report (i.e. no mail filings, no mobile/online app filings, no in-person filings at CW, etc)
- No international travel in 2019
- No change in residential address for years
- During the IO interview, my TM-30 history was never mentioned/questioned/discussed

Perhaps things would have been different with the BKK CW IO's if international travel and/or a change in residential address was involved.  Perhaps the hotel I stayed at in another province did not file an overnight report(s) listing all foreigners staying in the hotel (unlikely, but possible).  Who knows.

At any rate, hope this helps frame a current example from BKK CW.  Of course, your results may vary.

SIT

I did extension (12 month based on retirement) CW Oct. Had never done tm30 and I fly out los every other week. Did one via my condo (first in 7 yrs). 

After io went through all my docs, bank letter etc etc. I pushed forwarded my tm30 print out from condo. 

IO did not even pick it up to check against my tm6. Actually did not even look at it. Pushed it back. 

In a Phuket thread someone suggested that she saw my tm30 on file. I suggest she did not and was not interested.

Edited by DrJack54

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I did extension (12 month based on retirement) CW Oct. Had never done tm30 and I fly out los every other week. Did one via my condo (first in 7 yrs). 

After io went through all my docs, bank letter etc etc. I pushed forwarded my tm30 print out from condo. 

IO did not even pick it up to check against my tm6. Actually did not even look at it. Pushed it back. 

In a Phuket thread someone suggested that she saw my tm30 on file. I suggest she did not and was not interested.

Hi drJack54,

I do not doubt your experience and indeed several reports indicating CW isn't interested in a TM30 filing anymore.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in other IOs.

Attached a link to the TM30 horror story of a TOURIST wanting to extend his Visa Exempt entry with an additional 30 days at the Jomtien office. 

It's worthwhile to know the published IO rules and regulations, but at the end of the day it's your local IO that decides whether they stick to them, ignore them or make up some local changes/amendments.

As a relative Newbie on the Forum, I wondered in the beginning why there was a CM Forum, a Pattaya Forum, a Samui Forum, a Phuket Forum, etc, but it does make sense because of the wild variety in interpretation and enforcement between those offices. 

Therefore any report sharing information about a successful or denied application, ALWAYS needs to feature the specific office where it happened.

This being said, even the info on the local Forums is no guarantee that it will work out for you as described by a helpful TVF member of that Forum.  Rules are changed on the fly, and in the larger offices there are even differences depending on which particular officer is handling your case.

Kafka in Admin Country!

Edited by Peter Denis
extra info

5 hours ago, Somewhere In Time said:

A TM-30 data point from this past week at BKK CW:

- My latest 1-Year Extension of Stay (based on Non-O Retirement Visa) was obtained
- A photo copy of the only TM-30 I ever filed in the Fall of 2018 (in-person at BKK CW), and a photo copy of it's corresponding receipt (w/original receipt stapled in passport), were submitted along with the usual annual paperwork for the extension
- In 2019, I stayed multiple consecutive nights in a hotel (int'l hotel chain) in another province; upon returning to BKK, I intentionally did not submit a TM-30 report (i.e. no mail filings, no mobile/online app filings, no in-person filings at CW, etc)
- No international travel in 2019
- No change in residential address for years
- During the IO interview, my TM-30 history was never mentioned/questioned/discussed

Perhaps things would have been different with the BKK CW IO's if international travel and/or a change in residential address was involved.  Perhaps the hotel I stayed at in another province did not file an overnight report(s) listing all foreigners staying in the hotel (unlikely, but possible).  Who knows.

At any rate, hope this helps frame a current example from BKK CW.  Of course, your results may vary.

SIT

From all the recent reports I've seen out of BKK CW, they seem to be no longer enforcing the TM30s for domestic Thailand travel, which was your case.

But it's less clear, from the few reports I've seen, whether or not they're still enforcing the TM30 at the point of extension of stay renewals when the person has had international travel during the prior year.

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From all the recent reports I've seen out of BKK CW, they seem to be no longer enforcing the TM30s for domestic Thailand travel, which was your case.

But it's less clear, from the few reports I've seen, whether or not they're still enforcing the TM30 at the point of extension of stay renewals when the person has had international travel during the prior year.

Last time I did annual extension I did not need tm30. That was Oct for 12 month extension. 

I have not seen ONE requirement for tm30 in recent month for extensions. I'm referring to annual extensions.

I still recommend anyone applying for 30day extension to visa exempt or tourist visa to have a tm30 receipt.

Oh to add...I exit re-enter Los every 2 weeks.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

...and from 23 hrs ago you stated:

"No idea how assertively BKK CW is requiring TM30s for extension of stay applications these days."

????  So yes indeed, we now have a current BKK CW data point which seems to both of us to indicate there is no interest whatsoever in anything TM-30 related during an extension of stay renewal visit to BKK CW -- if only domestic travel and/or no change in residential address has occurred since the last TM-30 filing.

And yes indeed, it would be good to hear the outcome from other members who have traveled internationally since their last TM-30 filing, blatantly or otherwise not choosing to not file a TM-30 upon their return, and recently went to BKK CW for their annual extension renewal.

Hope my report helps.  The adventure continues!

SIT