Enter with Non "O" Single Entry - Can I Get Re-Entry and Travel Again

I am planning to obtain a Non Imm "O" SINGLE entry visa at Kuala Lumpur.  I will enter Thailand from Kuala Lumpur BUT.........I need to travel again (outside Thailand) during the 90 day visa period (BUT before being able to apply for a 1 Year "marriage extension").  Can I simply do this by obtaining a "Re-entry Permit" which is linked to the Non O visa before leaving Thailand?  Or does the SINGLE entry visa limit such a strategy.  I have been told that I should be able to do this with a SINGLE vs Multi entry Non O............but want to be sure.  Thanks for any help on this!

1 hour ago, NokYai611 said:

Can I simply do this by obtaining a "Re-entry Permit" which is linked to the Non O visa before leaving Thailand?

Yes. You must return before the original 90 days ends to be able to apply for the 1 year extension.

I entered Thailand on a single entry Non Imm "O" visa, then made a short side trip, re-entering on a single RE permit. No problems here.

But I was "denied exit" when I tried to leave Thailand and return to my own country. The IO flipped through my passport and seemed perplexed. Finally he called another IO.

After the shock of my (initial) denied entry on a previous trip, I couldn't believe this was happening.

Finally after some discussion between the IOs, I was told to follow the 2nd IO. He led me to a small desk and indicated to sit down on a chair. He then proceeded to write stuff on my passport and stamp it several times. To my great relief, he finally handed the passport back to me with a smile and I was on my way.

Edited by 10years
added smile