NON O spouse visa says I'm not allowed to work

Hello guys,

I just got from the Thai embassy in my country a Non O spouse visa (3 months). What I find strange is that it says I'm not allowed to work with that visa. How is it possibly? 

7 years ago my company applied for a work permit, I had a spouse visa at that time too and it got extended for work reasons. Am I missing something?

Thank you for the assistance

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

Some Embassies print the "No Employment" note on all visas.

No visa gives the right to work; you need a work permit. As long as the Labour office are happy that you have the right category of visa - which you have - they should issue the WP regardless of the note on the visa.

Great news, thanks mate

with your NON-O you can apply to a work, then your work place will help you to get a Work Permit, with that work permit you can continue working and doing your 90 days go out from thailand and come back the same day.

thats my life around 4-5 years now Never went to immigration. My company take my work permit and my passport once a year and renew my WP in 3 days.

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

with your NON-O you can apply to a work, then your work place will help you to get a Work Permit, with that work permit you can continue working and doing your 90 days go out from thailand and come back the same day.

thats my life around 4-5 years now Never went to immigration. My company take my work permit and my passport once a year and renew my WP in 3 days.

Interesting, thank you for sharing. The company I was previously working for took care of all the paperwork, including 90 day reports and TM30, so I was a bit confused but you guys clarified everything. Love it when Thaivisa becomes this useful.