Thailand's problem? Too much success

webfact

How can Thailand be considered as 'having too much of a good thing.' A high Baht is a good thing? I'm lost...

When I consider: 

what is manufactured, not made, in Thailand. Very poor social care, very high rates of debt,  very poor education, very high pollution plus filth, very poor human plus animal rights plus safty with the most dangerous roads in the world and highest rates of mortality, very low salaries plus very poor workers rights, high unemployment, fraud, corruption and extortion, racism, lawlessness, the increase in social violence as well as toward foreigners, a very dangerous country with high, illigal prostitution, poverty and run by a dictator, where do I stop... A high Baht does not mean 'good times'. As always Thai are too full of  themselves and blinkered only looking in one direction, and not taking the whole picture in. 

As with some individuals on this planet, they act big, but in truth have nothing but over inflated egos. That is Thailand. 

7 minutes ago, tabarin said:

charging 5 baht for 1 egg while they buy them for 1 baht.

Or  the bottles of drinking water bought 2,3 baht one and resold 5 baht ....
or the bottles of Fanta Orange bought at Makro or other big surface has 22 baht piece and resold 30 baht the bottle ...

6 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

or the bottles of Fanta Orange bought at Makro or other big surface has 22 baht piece and resold 30 baht the bottle ...

Well the last one is not that bad, the shop needs to earn some too but 1 to 5 baht and 2,3 to 5 baht for drinking water, a life need, is criminal imo.
In case with the egg, those people often have limited diets already due to poverty. Then 1 or 5 eggs is a big difference. 

10 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Nothing crazy about that. 100% profit is normal. They have to pay rent. They have to cook the egg. Makro has probably a bigger margin than these small mom and pop shop. 

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This headline should read:

Thailand's problem? Governance.

The author makes several good policy points and recommends actions that could (and probably should) be taken, but it matters little unless the issue of Governance is dealt with.

Thailand needs a legitimate, inclusive, demand-responsive government that caters to the needs of its peoples rather than to a small elite.

It is that simple.

Clean up corruption. Greatly reform and enhance Education. Create a reasonable social-safety net that isn't able to altered on the whim of the powerful. Reform the Bureaucracy with a chainsaw. Open up policy-making and put the needs of the proverbial 'little guy' ahead of the conglomerates. Reform the Judiciary. Allow and enhance the basic structures for Human Rights.

Most of all, stop the cheating in the political system.

As long as power is held by the Cheating Cheaters who Cheat, nothing good will come.

Again, it is that simple.

You are right with your demands. I think it's a matter of time that the young generation (Thanatorn) will get power. 

However the Army will everything do to prevent this.

Important: no further education. ????

29 minutes ago, tabarin said:

You define success and everything being good by money counts while doing business, that is very narrow minded to expect from basically everyone.

Correct. 

Business success = money.

business fail = no money.

It is kind of pointless to discuss if you do not understand this yourself.

Ok

Actually, it is people being so selfish and focused on money, causing nothing to change too, as they can't be bothered to even try. 
While the poorest have no means to make change at all, it is all the Thai in between who do have a chance but not do it as they are often like you.

Actually i I have a plan. But now not right time.

Last but not least, if you make 800k returns on a 3M investment monthly, you are either full of <deleted> or ripping off your own people big time.

No. It is not just “investment”. It is a business with staff, customer etc. 

if the customer happy, what your problem?

Not my own people. I not force customer.

Similar to the small scale versions of local grocery shops in the province villages, charging 5 baht for 1 egg while they buy them for 1 baht.
The poorest often depend on those local grocery shops. Many business in TH seem to work like this.

Buy some chicken.

if my business fail. I fail. Nobody will give me free money. Up to me.

Anyway, to be on topic, I think there is success in TH but it is only for the few. The rest suffers and is indebted.

Success for the not lazy. 

If do nothing all day, play Facebook, get drunk, take drug, play game, watch tv. What you think will happen?

same every country. Most people lazy. 

I only play TVF to improve my English.

and I will must pay tax, to help the country. The lazy people pay nothing.

Is up to you.

32 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You communist? 

37 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

When we confuse net profit and turnover we arrive at this kind of result ...:cheesy:

Not confuse. I know the cost already. My friend have the same business.

Is not “investment”, is business. I do business plan already, lot of detail.

95% sure now government office will approval. I do everything perfect.

I think you not know how is different investment and business. 

You invest in investment. You must “run” a business. 

Funny how you criticize and mock me, but you not know what the business. You just think it can not be true. Because you not know.

I understand you from Sakon Nakorn. Why you live there? 

Not much opportunity there, sure. So you negative, think small, sell soda, egg, grow some rice. My business can not have success there, sure, 100%. Impossible.

But west coast Thailand is grow so fast, new airport in Kok Kloi coming, will be so much opportunity.

But not for lazy and negative people. 

Just now, SteveK said:

In the West we are taught that money is the root of all evil. Yet all Thais worship cash like nothing else. 

Ok then. Send me all your money, so you not be evil.

And actually you say not true. My motivation a lot come from USA book.

The West not care about money?? Trade war, Brexit etc.

A victim of their own success?  Hadn’t thought of it that way, but I’ll buy this.

At least they recognize their bulging foreign reserves could imply stability to foreign investors looking for a haven in bond sales.  But somehow I think word will get out about the overpriced Baht, tanking exports and loss of western tourism.

Then again, if that foreign entity is China—they won’t give a damn about any repercussions of a strong Baht.  In fact, it would play right into their colonization plans.

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

NIKKEI ASIAN REVIEW 2019-11-21

But, but, but....

i read from TVF member that all the factory close, no tourist come. Because the thai people not respect farang enough, to many Indian, to many Chinese, TM30, racism, bad driving, TAT, etc etc.

Nail the coffin!!

Sorry guys who WANT thailand to fail, you can say it again and again and again...

but....

It not will happen.

This must be lie from small magazine. Or TAT. Or the government? Lieland.

Oh, is from Nikkei Asian Review. 

No nail for the coffin?

Just keep telling yourself that everything is going to be fine in Thailand.

Archived