Thai elite visa

Good evening.
I have just stumbled across the Thai elite visa and wondered peoples opinion, if you can afford it I believe with my limited amount of reading into it so far appears like a good idea at short glance.

Im dubious about the Thai government changing the rules or cancelling once the monies are paid. I wish to take an early retirement and this might be the answer for me or at least definitely worth considering.
I would be very interested in your thoughts...thank you
Thank you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clive said:

P.S I was also wondering with the Thai elite visa whether the new TM30 would still apply?
Thank you

From what I've read so far, it does not exclude you from anything, so you would still need reports etc (though some help may be available to help do them). 

It's like a super tourist visa, still have to out / in at least once every year  I think...with a limited concierge service tagged on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

Taya - What's the cost of a 20 year elite card?

This one is 1 million baht. https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-superiority-extension-membership?locate=en&popup=false

The one with more perks is 2 million baht. https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-ultimate-privilege-membership?locate=en&popup=false

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Really need to have quite alot of disposable income for that to make any sense. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't think that they'd cancel it outright, but that they might change the rules down the line in a way that affects existing visa holders is a legitimate concern. As with pretty much everything in Thailand, you pay your money and you take your chances - there will be no recourse if anything goes wrong.

For the 16 years since it started there have only been improvements as to what is available.

There are still people that got the original lifetime membership are still using but it is only for 90 day entries. They were offered a new 20 year deal that allowed one year entries and 5 year visas but some chose not to take it.

3 hours ago, UKresonant said:

From what I've read so far, it does not exclude you from anything, so you would still need reports etc (though some help may be available to help do them). 

It's like a super tourist visa, still have to out / in at least once every year  I think...with a limited concierge service tagged on.

There's no need to do out/in. One year stamp can be extended at immigration office.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For the 16 years since it started there have only been improvements as to what is available.

There are still people that got the original lifetime membership are still using but it is only for 90 day entries. They were offered a new 20 year deal that allowed one year entries and 5 year visas but some chose not to take it.

Must be a good process as CNX Immigration office have catalogues on how to apply and signs up everywhere inside the ground floor?????????????????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai Elite also changed the Transportation from the Airport from 7 Series BMW to Camry (I never understood why, but it never bothered me) - I used the AOT Camry transport about 20 times per year, its extremely useful.

For you old members only? 

I used it last week - was as always a new 7 series BMW that drove me both ways. I am on the 500k/5 year one tho.

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s not a tourist visa and you don’t have to out/in once a year. You can apply for a 1 year extension of stay every year from immigration for 1,900 baht.

I was under the understanding it was a tourist visa.. A special one I agree but yes a class of tourist visa. 

Which is why you only get the 2 year driving license with it. 

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

It’s not a tourist visa and you don’t have to out/in once a year. You can apply for a 1 year extension of stay every year from immigration for 1,900 baht.

Sorry to disagree with you but it is certainly a Tourist Visa. Privilege Elite personnel will tell you that. That is why with an Elite Visa, you cannot get a 5 year driving license, etc. I call it a Glorified Tourist Visa. It does not have some of the benefits of a Non-Immigrant Visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1