Prince Andrew halts public duties over sex scandal

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

The fact she is claiming to have been forced therefore no consent.

For prostitution purposes the financial gain can be to a third person.

The obvious claim would be that Epstein would have gained.

The relevant act at the time of alleged offence is 1956 sexual offences act which placed the age at 21

Quote from CPS website

The CPS focuses on the prosecution of those who force others into prostitution, exploit, abuse and harm them. Our joint approach with the police, with the support of other agencies, is to help those involved in prostitution to develop routes out.The context is frequently one of abuse of power, used by those that incite and control prostitution - the majority of whom are men - to control the sellers of sex - the majority of whom are women.

1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

Quote from CPS website

The CPS focuses on the prosecution of those who force others into prostitution, exploit, abuse and harm them. Our joint approach with the police, with the support of other agencies, is to help those involved in prostitution to develop routes out.The context is frequently one of abuse of power, used by those that incite and control prostitution - the majority of whom are men - to control the sellers of sex - the majority of whom are women.

I do not understand the point being made.

I posted earlier that under UK law she would under the circumstances still be considered a child. Thus any consent given would be moot.

4 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

I do not understand the point being made.

I posted earlier that under UK law she would under the circumstances still be considered a child. Thus any consent given would be moot.

It was quoted in support of your position by showing that the Crown Prosecution Service considers the exercise and abuse of power over any person for the purposes of prostitution is considered the most serious offence.  The age, whilst relevant for the framing of the charge, is irrelevant when enforcing the law against those who abuse women, or men. in this manner.  Sorry if I did not clearly state that.

Archived