Earthquake Bangkok?!

WorriedNoodle

Yeah, didn´t feel too nice here on the 24th floor. The neighbours got so scared they wanted too leave the building because the building shook quite noticeably. 

Time for a coffee now, I guess. ????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ToTheBeach said:

26th floor.... I would say yes.... rather big swings...

No worries. Just a little BOOM BOOM action from a few girls on the floor below. A girl has to make a living afterall and these girls are earning their money for sure.

6 minutes ago, trigger571 said:

Yeah. Had a sleepless night and was just having coffee getting my son ready for school. Felt my body sway and thought it was me getting dizzy. Then noticed the curtains, baby swing and coffee in cup all swaying left to right. 26th floor in Ekkamai

I think it could have been swaying right to left as well. I thought my household things were swaying back and forth. 

Edited by alex8912

Much of the percieved motion has to do with the geography and "dirt under your feet"    Some landforms are better at transmitting kinetic energy than others.

If you are on soft earth,  it is going to feel different than if you are on a Granite slab.

having experienced every Southern California Los Angeles earthquake from 1955 I can tell you a 6.4 can be a good jolt. Duration and depth have a lot to do with the amount of damage as well as soil conditions and building codes. 

Over the decades the State of California retrofitted every freeway over pass with much larger round support posts that are filled with rebar. Just yesterday I was in Bangkok and thinking how high and extremely thin the overpass support posts are holding up the highway.

I wonder if the Thais have inspected the dams in the north yet? Or the hundreds of small bridges on the highways?