Pattaya: Immigration swoop at apartment of UK over-stayer

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

A contingent of immigration?? What the <deleted>!!

Treated like a criminal over 26 days.

Disgraceful stuff

Deserves everything he gets.

Illegal immigrants get turfed out of western countries quick sharp.

Should he expect this to be ignored because he is white and has round eyes?

9 minutes ago, Truthhurts said:

Deserves everything he gets.

Illegal immigrants get turfed out of western countries quick sharp.

Should he expect this to be ignored because he is white and has round eyes?

Everybody deserves what they get themselves into. There is not much to argue against it.

But that is not the point, at least for me.

The point is, do you deserve to get your picture posted online across the whole nation and the world for a 26 day overstay?

I find this way and too much over the top, but that is just my opinion

13 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Everybody deserves what they get themselves into. There is not much to argue against it.

But that is not the point, at least for me.

The point is, do you deserve to get your picture posted online across the whole nation and the world for a 26 day overstay?

I find this way and too much over the top, but that is just my opinion

and chucked in a squalid detention centre 

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Confused. Immigration does the raid , gets him for overstay But hands him over to police for processing ?

It's their turn for a photo op next to the vinyl board. Ooooh these criminals, it does make yer blood boil, name him and shame him so we can spit at him.

5 hours ago, BestB said:

This is actually standard procedure worldwide but in other countries authorities would not waste that much money and manpower on 1 person 

And In other countries they wouldn’t publicise it as if they had just arrested a mafia king pin. This news is pathetic nationalistic scaremongering.

they was a comment about western countries and illegals being kicked out straight away.in the uk they take u to the police bail you and tell u to report later. they are gone once they leave the police station.i know a lady from jamacia got caught and did that.10 years later still living in the uk.this is one of many cases in the uk and they never get caught

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

I don’t see why people find this wrong? The guy was overstaying his visa, which is illegal.

Anyone overstaying knows the risks and can not be surprised if caught.

That's the funny thing about these posts. I haven't heard the over-stayer complain once. I'm pretty sure he was aware of the risks and not really surprised. Perhaps I missed it.

But 7 pages in, the number of people responding to this click-bait news item is outstanding. Props to Naew Na.

22 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

That's the funny thing about these posts. I haven't heard the over-stayer complain once. I'm pretty sure he was aware of the risks and not really surprised. Perhaps I missed it.

But 7 pages in, the number of people responding to this click-bait news item is outstanding. Props to Naew Na.

It isn't that he got caught, he broke the regulations, fair cop, it is the manner of his arrest and the reporting of it as if he was a major criminal on the run.

4 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Yeh I'm out of here as soon as I get my daughter's docs finished and sole custody.

It's been a real (and expensive) pain to do but I'm not far off now.

Should be done by early next year and then offfffffffffffffffffffff

Same here, a bit of rearranging to accommodate visa requirements and we are out of here next year. My Thai wife is looking forward to getting out of Thailand too! 

8 minutes ago, 0815 said:

What would immigration of your home country do ?  Just ignore people staying without a visa ?

No, they put all 26 days overstayers in the news, I see it all the time in the home country

What you think they do? They arrest them and send them back home, if they can. You never hear about it, unless it's something really dramatic.

1 minute ago, 0815 said:

What would immigration of your home country do ?  Just ignore people staying without a visa ?

It's the manner in which they do it and the public shaming.

I'm pretty sure they don't go house to house in my country.

They may raid restaurants or factories for illegal workers, people who have entered the country illegally in the first place

This guy overstayed his visa, he entered the country legally and wasn't found to be working.

Thailand must be worried about foreigners milking their extensive social security programmes ????

18 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Same here, a bit of rearranging to accommodate visa requirements and we are out of here next year. My Thai wife is looking forward to getting out of Thailand too! 

wow tipped over the edge because an overstayer is caught lol

Archived