What's with the <deleted> pop ups blocking the page every few minutes?

thaibeachlovers

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks for nothing TVF. I don't come on here to be bombarded with popups.

You are ruining my day.

if you really don't know how to stop them permanently then perhaps try searching the relevant terms. 

Rather then moaning take affirmative action :thumbsup:

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that you are not allowed to block ads on TVF.

My browser blocks them automatically and up to now I have no issues with reading content on TV.

I think it is you who don't know what you are talking about.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that you are not allowed to block ads on TVF.

I am behind a DNS server that blocks almost all ads and trackers but I see no penalty on Thaivisa for doing so.

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

It is up to the individuals choice as to what they choose to allow or not on their device.

That can also be determined and controlled by what software and setting you choose to use.

I can assure you that the ad shown in my post us not easily removable. 

There are ways and means to stop being annoyed

personally i didnt realise TV had adverts!????I am only speaking about laptop i tried the mobile app once its impossible to use because of that add

I don't see why I should have to do anything to stop popups when they are interfering with my use of TVF. TVF should not be using disruptive advertising that constantly repeats. Even U Tube only has popups at the beginning of a clip and does not keep injecting them during the running of the clip.

As someone that knows next to nothing about computers I find it an abuse of my use of this forum. Without us posters there wouldn't even be a forum.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't see why I should have to do anything to stop popups when they are interfering with my use of TVF. TVF should not be using disruptive advertising that constantly repeats. Even U Tube only has popups at the beginning of a clip and does not keep injecting them during the running of the clip.

As someone that knows next to nothing about computers I find it an abuse of my use of this forum. Without us posters there wouldn't even be a forum.

Whilst I understand and empathize, you must also realize that without the Ads there wouldnt be a FREE forum for you to access.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Forum rule 25

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

Your post #5 says I am not allowed to block ads. Where does the rule say that?

Again, I am behind a DNS server that blocks almost all ads and trackers which is how our local network security is setup. 

1 minute ago, maxpower said:

Your post #5 says I am not allowed to block ads. Where does the rule say that?

Again, I am behind a DNS server that blocks almost all ads and trackers which is how our local network security is setup. 

To clarify, discussion is not allowed as in "how to", "use this", "do this" to block Ads etc. 

see also post #8

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even U Tube only has popups at the beginning of a clip and does not keep injecting them during the running of the clip.

You can go into your youtube settings and disable all the ads so that they don't even come up at the beginning of videos. Google it. 

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst I understand and empathize, you must also realize that without the Ads there wouldnt be a FREE forum for you to access.

I feel like the choice shouldn't be zero ads and no forum or overbearing and intentionally deceptive ads & pop ups on every square millimeter of the screen. 

Seems like there could be some sort of not retarded option. 

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thank you and I realise that, but I didn't moan about the all the other ads, the ones that don't obscure the page, just the ones that stop me using the forum, and which are a new and pestilential development. On a different sub forum I talked about how things get worse- well things just got worse on TVF.

I just don't see why TVF management thought it was a good idea to annoy us, the posters, that without which there wouldn't be a forum, free or otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

I feel like the choice shouldn't be zero ads and no forum or overbearing and intentionally deceptive ads & pop ups on every square millimeter of the screen. 

The best "option" would be to go back to the way it was before someone thought it would be a good idea to annoy us with pop ups every couple of minutes.

I'm hoping enough posters complain that they think again.

40 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

There's a limit to how much plug-in advertising is acceptable before content flow becomes difficult. This is even more evident where interactive user content is interrupted while remotely hosted ads are still loading.

My second income comes from click bait pages filled with plug-in ads. Over the past few years I have found that I need to be a lot more creative when targeting an audience that's become overloaded with tracking ads.

Those that continue do nothing more than fill spaces with remote ads are on a downhill slide in the revenue dept. If this site went down tomorrow through lack of revenue, the gap would be filled in a heartbeat.

29 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

You could be asked for a fee for the privilege, would that be OK with you...?

3 minutes ago, maxpower said:

There's a limit to how much plug-in advertising is acceptable before content flow becomes difficult. This is even more evident where interactive user content is interrupted while remotely hosted ads are still loading.

My second income comes from click bait pages filled with plug-in ads. Over the past few years I have found that I need to be a lot more creative when targeting an audience that's become overloaded with tracking ads.

Those that continue do nothing more than fill spaces with remote ads are on a downhill slide in the revenue dept. If this site went down tomorrow through lack of revenue, the gap would be filled in a heartbeat.

There are free ones out there that are "dead"...????

1 minute ago, transam said:

You could be asked for a fee for the privilege, would that be OK with you...?

Absolutely not. Again, its the option of extremes fallacy. 

They could just make everything less aggravating and overbearing. Keep the ads but have their people ensure that the forum still works and isn't absolutely bombarded. 

Archived