What's with the <deleted> pop ups blocking the page every few minutes?

thaibeachlovers

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't see why I should have to do anything to stop popups when they are interfering with my use of TVF. TVF should not be using disruptive advertising that constantly repeats. Even U Tube only has popups at the beginning of a clip and does not keep injecting them during the running of the clip.

As someone that knows next to nothing about computers I find it an abuse of my use of this forum. Without us posters there wouldn't even be a forum.

"Even U Tube only has popups at the beginning of a clip and does not keep injecting them during the running of the clip."

You Tube interrupts clips with adverts.

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Absolutely not. Again, its the option of extremes fallacy. 

They could just make everything less aggravating and overbearing. Keep the ads but have their people ensure that the forum still works and isn't absolutely bombarded. 

How come I ain't got what aggravates you...????

16 minutes ago, transam said:

You could be asked for a fee for the privilege, would that be OK with you...?

Remember Nite Owl, a famous reporter on Bkk Post that wrote about the night scene ( Bernard Trink )? When they kicked him off the paper he started a pay to use web site. How do you think he did?

11 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Free what? Please make reference.

freely 'dead' in the water... wallowing untouchable, down the bottom right corner of the laptop

ooh theres another one right now... something from trendchaser...   really weird, because even if you are 'interested' in one of them - you cannot even Click on it, to respond to it!

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the forum would not exist without us, perhaps we could ask for a fee for posting. If it was the same amount as the fee for being able to come on, that would work out well.

With only .001% of posts worth a dime it wouldn't cost much to implement.

22 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Depends on your settings and how long the video is. It can be disabled though. 

Same as here on TVF.

I was reacting to someone claiming You Tuibe adverts don't interrupt the working of the app, whereas on TVF it does. Simply not true.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Same as here on TVF.

I was reacting to someone claiming You Tuibe adverts don't interrupt the working of the app, whereas on TVF it does. Simply not true.

So how do I get rid of the pop up on the bottom right of the page? Using Firefox/windows 10.

It also follows me like a soi dog on heat. If I scroll up, it moves up too. Biatch!

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

It is up to the individuals choice as to what they choose to allow or not on their device.

That can also be determined and controlled by what software and setting you choose to use.

so I guess ThaiVisa itself has no say in the matter

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Same as here on TVF.

No, it is not.

On youtube you can go into your settings and disable the ads and its a feature of the site. They are allowing you to do it. 

On Thaivisa you can't, and even talking about how to do it will get threads closed/user suspended. 

Distinctly different. 

Archived