Does USD count towards the 800,000 Baht requiremen?

Hello out there.   Can someone please tell me, does USD held in a Foreign Currency Account within a Thai Bank apply towards the 800,000 baht requirement for retirees?   In other words, can I have 500,000 in Thai baht in my account, along with 15,000 USD in my foreign currency account in the same bank?   If the 15,000 were counted as Thai baht, I would have about 950,000 Thai baht total.   But I'm not sure if this is allowed or not.

Edited by Omniquestseeker
more clarification
  • Like 1

A foreign currency account will be accepted to meet the requirements for an extension of stay at most immigration offices.

You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the amount in it in baht on the date it written based upon exchange rate for that day.

Yes, I do believe it would be. but my asking was for pursuing a visa.

THB balance + USD balance x TT rate on the day of application submission supported by Banks letter(s?).

(hopefully a long stay extension person with experience shall confirm this) 

I haven't done it myself but you are effectively using 2 accounts to show the 800k required. This is acceptable. You will needed 2 bank letters, both books updated, and copies for both books proving the total 800k balance has been maintained for 2 months prior to Ext application date. Does your FCD acct have a book? Also note UJ's suggestion that there are one or two offices who do not accept FCD accounts. I know it is OK at Jomtien.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I haven't done it myself but you are effectively using 2 accounts to show the 800k required. This is acceptable. You will needed 2 bank letters, both books updated, and copies for both books proving the total 800k balance has been maintained for 2 months prior to Ext application date. Does your FCD acct have a book? Also note UJ's suggestion that there are one or two offices who do not accept FCD accounts. I know it is OK at Jomtien.

I did mine with two accounts and one letter...both were THB accounts.  

10 minutes ago, moontang said:

I did mine with two accounts and one letter...both were THB accounts.  

Did the letter cover one account or maybe both (same bank) ? Seems odd to only confirm one!

Edited by jacko45k