What happens when u forget report adress within 24h of comming back?

Went out for hols on re entry permit, when came back we forgot that 24h rule to do adress report. I still stay same place, gf house. What next, wait to next one and pay 1000 fine ? They might say nothing? (Jomtien)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bbi1 said:

You got lucky that they somehow missed it. Or the IO was just lazy to check it.

In 4 years i have never been asked to report. Once when I did visit the IO within 24 hours i was told not necessary come back in 90 days. I travel out of Thailand twice a year and out of province every two months.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Guess you're not in Jomtien. It's a must there for sure. As to the timeframe, usually 48-72 hours is ok to do a TM30.

I am in Jomtien. 4 years. Travelout if country and out of province often. Never been asked to report. When I did once voluntary they sent me away told me to come back in 90 days. You must have dodgy accommodation paperwork or a low level tourist visa. Jomtien IO does not require people to report within 24 hours of return.  You are mistaken or have a wierd visa .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, 12 or 13 times for me. Hope they will be lazy next week too!

In and out many times over the years, 90 day, extensions, never done it or been asked anything about it.  One IO asked: TM what?

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I've never done it and I didn't have a problem. Did my extension last month and they didn't ask for anything. No mention of the fact I've never done a TM30. 

Location would be good  if you told  us? and  all the other posters  who say  this. I too  have never  been asked  in 7 years HUA  HIN

Edited by Chazar

Lived in 'my' house in P'lok since 2012, never done a TM30. Asked IO last year and he did one for me. I have the slip in my Passport.

Last week I asked again about doing one when I return from UK in December, he said 'Yes, need to do'    ?????

Just now, grego49 said:

Kanchanaburi only require you to report if you leave the country,traveling within thailand they dont worry.

Be careful. I am in Kanchanaburi and the last time I asked it was both abroad and out of province. I had to do a new TM30 after a trip to Bangkok in August. It depends who you ask I reckon.

• Like 1

I tried to do a TM30 online tuther month in Buriram after a couple of nights out of the province.. I am registered but the online process wouldn't accept my report. So the wife phones the office and was told no need to do it unless one has left and reentered Thailand. 

20 hours ago, kelboy said:

If you have been in Thailand for a few years it is only required for returning from a trip abroad. I have friends who have never done it but I got fined last year 800tb. The IO explained if go to the immigration and report late 800tb but if they catch you 4000tb to 8000tb .It's not hard just do it. Or just do it online, some people are making to much into it. 

What is the point, having 24hrs earlier entered the Kingdom via the front door complete with TM6 at point of entry?

(& how about jet lag?)

End of rant ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Lived in 'my' house in P'lok since 2012, never done a TM30. Asked IO last year and he did one for me. I have the slip in my Passport.

Last week I asked again about doing one when I return from UK in December, he said 'Yes, need to do'    ?????

The only consistency being the inconsistency! ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, Xaos said:

What next, wait to next one and pay 1000 fine ?

I've been out and in about 10 times in the past 2 years (non-o), never completed a TM30, if they don't tell me to do one coming in, how would I ever know it's required?

My VISA says, entry for 90 days, that's the only condition I know about and written down, so that's what I do.

Rinse and repeat.

• Thanks 1