What happens when u forget report adress within 24h of comming back?

Jomtien told me that no need if out of province but have to report if back from overseas as in your case. Officers at Jomtien seem pretty relaxed about it, so I’d go down as soon as you can and report. At least you’re trying to do the right thing. If you get fined you get fined, but might save yourself the fine if approach them nicely. 

• Like 1

All reports are consistent (in their inconsistency):

1. It depends whether your local IO enforces TM30 compliance (some do / some don't), and yesterday's experience is no guarantee for today;

2. When your local IO enforces it, some IOs require that it is done:

- within 24 hours after returning to the main place where you are staying, OR

- within 24 hours after returning from a trip abroad (reason being the new TM6 - arrival/departure card number in your passport)

3. TM30 is only checked when visiting your local IO for a service that requires your address (e.g. extension of stay / residence certificate) - very rarely will it be asked for when doing your 90-day reports;

4. When checking, IO is not interested in the history of where you stayed (or whether TM30s were filed for those stays).  They are only checking whether a current TM30 is on file from the place where you are staying at the moment of visit.

5. Hotels/guesthouses are required to file a TM30 of any foreigner staying at their premises.  Most of them do, some don't.

6. Not being asked about TM30 at your local IO, does not mean that it is not required or checked.

When you are staying at a hotel/guesthouse that filed your TM30, the IO will see that in the TM30 database, and can tick of that box on his checklist without asking you about it. 

CONCLUSION:

> Don't be surprised if you are queried about TM30 when visiting your local IO.  And don't be surprised if they don't mention it at all. ????

And if it's a long trip to the local IO, better be prepared in case you are asked.

When not sure about your present status > Bring with you a copy of the house-book of the place you are staying, and a signed front/back copy of the thai ID-card of the owner of the place, and - when renting - a copy of the rental contract.  With that documentation a TM30 can be filed on the spot, without the need of returning later.  And you might get fined 800 to 2000 THB for not being in compliance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

must depend where you are. My wife does it but its always a couple days late and they dont care. The reality is we live in the middle of nowhere and have people mind our house that live hours away from us so after every trip we end up driving constantly taking people back home for a coulpe days during typical working hours or we come back on a weekend anyway so they can dam well wait.....

One important thing to remember. I live in Chiang Mai and sometimes leave and re-enter the country in Bangkok. When I return I sometimes stay in the Bangkok area and visit friends or once went on down to Koh Chang for a week. When I get back to Chiang Mai I ALWAYS keep my return air boarding pass and hotel receipts to show when I do the 24 hour report-back. So far they've always been accepted as legitimate reason for not reporting back to CM immigration upon 24 hours after returning to the country.

Where is the actual TM30 receipt obtained from?

And if like me someone is on a non O one year extension based on retirement, but come and go and stay in hotels which change everytime I am here and during my stays, do I keep needing to obtain fresh receipts? I am aware the hotels do the online TM30 for me, but that still leaves the need for the actual receipt, especially when it comes to the next extension. Anyone know? Thanks

in my situation, been here a few years. never bothered doing TM30 except once when I moved to a different province (so i could start doing the extensions and 90 days reports there)

and I had to inform the house owner that he needed to do the TM28, brought my TM30 with me (probably not necessary)

when I moved back, it was a weekend so there was no 24 hours report to immigration, I went to the police station and they were confused about what I wanted, kept saying didn't need it and didn't care and for me to go to immigration

from what I understand (at my local police station anyways) there is only like 1 or 2 guys that can do any of the immigration stuff there

I know because once I was short on time and went there to get a certificate of residence, none of them could do it and I was told to come back after 3pm because that specific guy would be in there

57 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

All reports are consistent (in their inconsistency):

1. It depends whether your local IO enforces TM30 compliance (some do / some don't), and yesterday's experience is no guarantee for today;

That sums up the situation completely. I suspect most Imm. officers are fed up with hearing about it. Join the club.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:35 PM, DannyCarlton said:

I report to Jomtien. Never done a TM30.

Maybe you never leave the country or have any reason to visit Jomtien Immigration except for the 90 days report. I know for sure that earlier this year they required a TM30 report when applying for a Certificate of Residence. There were even posts about it here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kekalot said:

in my situation, been here a few years. never bothered doing TM30 except once when I moved to a different province (so i could start doing the extensions and 90 days reports there)

and I had to inform the house owner that he needed to do the TM28, brought my TM30 with me (probably not necessary)

when I moved back, it was a weekend so there was no 24 hours report to immigration, I went to the police station and they were confused about what I wanted, kept saying didn't need it and didn't care and for me to go to immigration

from what I understand (at my local police station anyways) there is only like 1 or 2 guys that can do any of the immigration stuff there

I know because once I was short on time and went there to get a certificate of residence, none of them could do it and I was told to come back after 3pm because that specific guy would be in there

The house owner never submits the TM28. He submits the TM30. The TM28 is officially a Change of Address. "Normally" used when moving to another province,but many immigration offices don't require it. They just want the TM30,sometimes not even that.

Edited by Max69xl

2 hours ago, uncleeagle said:

And if like me someone is on a non O one year extension based on retirement, but come and go and stay in hotels which change everytime I am here and during my stays, do I keep needing to obtain fresh receipts? I am aware the hotels do the online TM30 for me, but that still leaves the need for the actual receipt, especially when it comes to the next extension. Anyone know? Thanks

I just did extension Oct 8 at CW. I perhaps did 30 exit/reenter Los in the previous 12 months. Never did a tm30. When I reentered on Oct 5 I asked my condo office to do (first ever) tm30.

They also gave me a receipt. I asked for one.

BTW imm officer did not even look at it.

Edited by DrJack54

51 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Maybe you never leave the country or have any reason to visit Jomtien Immigration except for the 90 days report. I know for sure that earlier this year they required a TM30 report when applying for a Certificate of Residence. There were even posts about it here.

Left the country in June for 3 weeks.

A question on the same lines about reporting.. I live in phetchabun.. But I'm going to kanchanaburi for 4 days I'm registered here with immigration but I know that when I get to the hotel in Kanch and give passport in they report this.. So do I need to.. Contact immigration when I get back . I know really I should do. But  hassle.. Will my io here get notified? 

I returned back to Thailand last Sunday evening after a short visit abroad. 

I had only recently renewed my retirement extension and multiple entry . As I knew I was leaving Thailand I asked for the TM 30 form so I could fill it out at home on my return.

Last Monday after filling out the form and copying the ID page of my passport, Visa stammp and exit form I went down to Jomtien Immigration and gave it to the girl at the counter and she lookked through the documents and rudely said,

"You don't have a copy of your rental agreement, copy of Blue book and owners ID card" and told me to go away in a dismissive manner, I was never given a list of requirements in the first place when I asked for the TM 30 form initially?

So make sure you have all your documents in order or you will be doing two trips. ????

Edited by sevenhills

34 minutes ago, sevenhills said:

I returned back to Thailand last Sunday evening after a short visit abroad. 

I had only recently renewed my retirement extension and multiple entry . As I knew I was leaving Thailand I asked for the TM 30 form so I could fill it out at home on my return.

Last Monday after filling out the form and copying the ID page of my passport, Visa stammp and exit form I went down to Jomtien Immigration and gave it to the girl at the counter and she lookked through the documents and rudely said,

"You don't have a copy of your rental agreement, copy of Blue book and owners ID card" and told me to go away in a dismissive manner, I was never given a list of requirements in the first place when I asked for the TM 30 form initially?

So make sure you have all your documents in order or you will be doing two trips. ????

They do need some proof of your address, just writing it down on the form is not enough. It will work if you copy your rental contract, and sign it at the bottom. That was accepted the last time I self reported a TM30 report when I changed condo in Jomtien. But you shall fill in the form as the possessor on the first page and then report yourself as a guest on page 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

A question on the same lines about reporting.. I live in phetchabun.. But I'm going to kanchanaburi for 4 days I'm registered here with immigration but I know that when I get to the hotel in Kanch and give passport in they report this.. So do I need to.. Contact immigration when I get back . I know really I should do. But  hassle.. Will my io here get notified? 

When the Kanchanaburi hotel checks you in, they will file an on-line TM30 of you staying there, and these data are stored in the IO TM30 database.

When later you visit your Petchabun IO for your extension of stay, they might check on your TM30 status by consulting the IO TM30 database (which is nation-wide).  You having stayed there will pop-up as well as any other on-line TM30 filings that have been done in mean time. 

However, Petchabun IO will not be interested in your history of stays or any gaps in that history, but will only check if a current TM30 has been filed from the place where are you staying, at the moment of your visit for extension of stay.

So to answer your question > there is no need to file a TM30 on your return from Kanchanaburi IF you still foresee to do additional trips before your extension of stay is due.  But - and if Phetchabun IO enforces TM30 compliance - you should ensure that a TM30 was filed from the place where are you staying before visiting the Phetchabun IO.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:18 AM, rkidlad said:

I've never done it and I didn't have a problem. Did my extension last month and they didn't ask for anything. No mention of the fact I've never done a TM30. 

same here, I have never and will never do it, they like it or not, my balls teach me the way. I wish it worked for more people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We returned to Chiang Mai after three nights in Bangkok, the first thing we did was stop by Immi. to take care of the TM30. 

I entered Thailand last on 12 September following a few months overseas, my TM30 was updated at that time. Yesterday CM Immi. said they had no record in their database of my 12 September return or visit to Immi. yet my TM30 slip was stamped with that date, they had me as being at home in CM all year, in reality I was in the UK for four months.

SO Immi. kindly brought my records up to date and as of yesterday the database says I'm at home once again and the TM30 receipt confirms that. BTW they said, no need to come in and update TM30 just for stays away from home but still inside Thailand.......my guess is that if I don't update my TM30 the next time I'm away from home overnight, I'll probably get fined!

7 hours ago, DavidAlexander said:

One important thing to remember. I live in Chiang Mai and sometimes leave and re-enter the country in Bangkok. When I return I sometimes stay in the Bangkok area and visit friends or once went on down to Koh Chang for a week. When I get back to Chiang Mai I ALWAYS keep my return air boarding pass and hotel receipts to show when I do the 24 hour report-back. So far they've always been accepted as legitimate reason for not reporting back to CM immigration upon 24 hours after returning to the country.

I stand corrected, but it is not required to report within 24 hours after returning to Thailand.

You are expected to report within 24 hours after arriving at the place where you are staying.

So if on return from abroad you stay at Hotel, they will file a TM30 of you staying there.

If you stayed at friends before returning to your place of stay in CM, your friends are expected to file a TM30 of you staying there.  But nobody will know if they didn't do so, so why bother.

When returning at your place of stay in CM, you are expected to report your arrival within 24 hours.

But all of the above is of little relevance, as your TM30 compliance will ONLY be checked when visiting your provincial IO for a service that requires your address (e.g. extension of stay / and NOT for 90-day reports).  Also IO is not interested in the history of your stays or any gaps in these, but are only looking whether a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying, at the moment of your visit to the provincial IO.

So if your IO enforces TM30 compliance (not all IO's do) the only thing that matters is that you ensured that a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying, prior to you visiting the IO. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uncleeagle said:

When you apply for an extension of stay at your local IO, some IOs (not all) will check whether at the moment of application a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying.  If that's the case (e.g. you are staying in a hotel, or your landlord/yourself filed a TM30 from the place where you are staying), IO will provide you with a TM30 receipt to be kept in your passport.

• Haha 1

I am always amazed that so many posters are still making the effort to visit their provincial IO to file a TM30 manually.

And this while it is very easy to register on the IO TM30 website and file your TM30s on-line.

Registering and filing your 1st TM30 takes max 1 hour (if you know how to do it), and filing subsequent TM30s is a piece of cake and takes less than a minute.

Just PM me and I will send over a comprehensive step-by-step instruction to register on the IO TM30 website and file your TM30s online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So if  on  re  entry  you visited  many friends  but  did  not stay  longer than  24  hours in  any one location  until you eventually  returned  to   normal  place of  residence and  none of those  you stayed  with  were  required to  report  your  presence because it was less  than  24  hours  in  that location  then  you  should have  no  problem  or even  need  to  provide proof.

Which  makes  the   whole subject   a  bit pointless dunnit?

Nothing happens. I have never reported within 24 hours or within 600 hours of coming. I am very adamant  about not reporting when I come back from a foreign/local trip. My address stays the same. Why should I report? I don't have anythin to lose by not repporting. What are they going to do? Fine me 2000? Just $75 dollar? That is my 30 min incomes when I sleep. Don't care. 

Edited by farangchuma
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It works for most people. Just a few wet nellies on this forum that it doesn't work for.

Some imm offices never required tm30. Jomtien was one even after the big "shake up" several months back. Would like to read your post at that time after attending CW and being fined 800baht for not filing tm30. Perhaps the fella with big balls you quoted might feel little less full on.

12 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

So if  on  re  entry  you visited  many friends  but  did  not stay  longer than  24  hours in  any one location  until you eventually  returned  to   normal  place of  residence and  none of those  you stayed  with  were  required to  report  your  presence because it was less  than  24  hours  in  that location  then  you  should have  no  problem  or even  need  to  provide proof.

Which  makes  the   whole subject   a  bit pointless dunnit?

Not fully correct.

When staying at friends, thai law requires that those friends report you staying there within 24 hours of your arrival.  Doesn't matter if you just stayed for a night and then left again, they are required to report you (just like any hotel/guesthouse where you stayed, irrespective of the length of your stay).

Obviously there are not very many people that follow that rule, and nobody will ever know when you don't tell IO and your friends did not file a TM30.  So indeed, why bother?

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, farangchuma said:

Nothing happens. I have never reported within 24 hours or within 600 hours of coming. I am very adamant  about not reporting when I come back from a foreign/local trip. My address stays the same. Why should I report? I don't have anythin to lose by not repporting. What are they going to do? Fine me 2000? Just $75 dollar? That is my 30 min incomes when I sleep. Don't care. 

That's Good to Know You can afford to just throw $75 Away......$150 Per Hour " Eh ?? Gizza A Job !!!