Chiang Mai: Airshow set to promote tourism and the aviation industry

webfact

Chiang Mai: Airshow set to promote tourism and the aviation industry

8pm_VI.jpg

Tourism officials and the San Kamphaeng district chief held a news conference to promote an airshow that will be held in the district in February. 

The first Chiang Mai International Airshow 2020 is set to be the largest such event in the north of Thailand and will take place from the 21st to the 23rd of February. 

The location was given as "Chiang Mai Air Sport" in San Kamphaeng. 

The TAT, local tourist organizations and the province are all involved in promoting the event. 

A large advertising hoarding suggested it was free.

Tourism leader Damrong Ong-art said it would help make Chiang Mai a hub for light aviation and be a boon for the tourism industry. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-21

Outdoubtedly will be a tourism magnet, rivalling Songkran and Loy Kratong.
Who in their right mind will not rush to Chiang Mai to see some Cessnas, Pipers and other extremely rare aircraft bumping along a grassy strip ?

3 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

Who in their right mind will not rush to Chiang Mai to see some Cessnas, Pipers and other extremely rare aircraft bumping along a grassy strip ?

engineers from P & W Rolls Royce G E and DDA, FIAT, MTU, CFM, BOEING and AIRBUS will be converging to watch this display

10 minutes ago, essox essox said:

SO there are going to be thousands and thousands of tourists going to land in Thailand to watch this event I THINK NOT...

They're promoting it for local tourists. A lot of Thais (and they're families) will travel from around the north (and beyond) to be there. 

Lots of grown men and their boys are into it. 

26 minutes ago, dcsw53 said:

Thai red arrows

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism leader Damrong Ong-art said it would help make Chiang Mai a hub for light aviation and be a boon for the tourism industry. 

Thailand, center of known universe.  Hub to all things but do not stay too long, and building or working on your own plane could be a crime. 

If all remember, the poor guys building their own boats in their back yard in Pattaya.  That should put anyone off on building your own plane in Thailand. 

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

They're promoting it for local tourists. A lot of Thais (and they're families) will travel from around the north (and beyond) to be there. 

Lots of grown men and their boys are into it.

Yes, my young son loves aeroplanes - OK I admit it - me too. We'll be there. Not expecting a jet flyover though. Better than nothing. 

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What aviation industry? I have never been to a country that had less private planes, private jets, and helicopters in my life. Is it the obsessive control of airspace on the part of the army? What gives? Why so little in the way of private planes?

I looked at buying a Twin engine plane to go between Chiang Mai and Trat, because it's just a painful, long journey that I have to do regularly.

The first problem was buying a plane in Thailand. There are very few in the category I was looking for. Importing from Australia was not expensive, but landing at major/minor airports is expensive, as is ground parking. Maintenance locations are limited, as are spares. Pilots (2) were also not easy to get when I needed them...as a I didn't need them full time.

Thailand actually has a lot of good airports and flight distances are not that long, but the industry is very immature - its actually cheaper to buy a prop plane than a Ferrari. There are lots more people smarter than me on planes...I just wanted to get somewhere quicker and easier.

Bill Heinecke is one of my hero's and not only does he own his own planes...he flies them.

Archived