Buying MC, owner got finance with Bank

hithere

How to do, i wanna buy a MC from a guy living up North (i live in Phuket) he got the bike on finance with Krungsri bank, i wanna go up to him and ride the bike to Phuket, not sure what we do with paperwork? what will you do? or have you done it before? or should i find another bike? (i like that bike) 

Cheers

15 minutes ago, hithere said:

he got the bike on finance with Krungsri bank,

That's probably the hard bit...  either he pays off the finance first..or you take on the finance..which means the bank has to approve you..if you are a foreigner then good luck with that...   do not give him money and then drive it to Phuket and try to get it transferred to your name (legal ownership)  without first sorting out the finance.

Thanks Guys

I will pay cash for the bike, its not fully paid yet, I wanna ride down to Phuket same day 

Done it a few times before, but only when the owner had green book, easy transfer plate and bike IF you get the Green Book

17 minutes ago, hithere said:

Thanks Guys

I will pay cash for the bike, its not fully paid yet, I wanna ride down to Phuket same day 

Done it a few times before, but only when the owner had green book, easy transfer plate and bike IF you get the Green Book

Depends if he wants money from you to pay off the bank finance, ask him before you go,  if he does want money first before you get green book from bank who has the book forget it.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Depends if he wants money from you to pay off the bank finance, ask him before you go,  if he does want money first before you get green book from bank who has the book forget it.

He told me we could go together to the bank and pay out the bike, BUT not sure if i will get the book right and then?? don't wanna wait for the book, some years ago i had to wait 6 weeks for the book

2 hours ago, hithere said:

BUT not sure if i will get the book right and then??

You may get the book from the bank  there and then ...but it won't be in your name   it will still be in his name  and now fully paid for !!!...so then you both go to the "up north"  Department of land transportation"  to try and change the name in the book to yours and they ask you for your  "up north"  address...and then ?????

10 hours ago, hithere said:

He told me we could go together to the bank and pay out the bike, BUT not sure if i will get the book right and then?? don't wanna wait for the book, some years ago i had to wait 6 weeks for the book

That's the problem, if I were you Green book & bike first then pay money.

UPDATE

He pay the rest of the money to the bank, they told him it could be 4-6 weeks before he get the green book, i can wait until he got the book, still its a good deal, i still have a few bikes so no problem.

Thanks for the great input from you guys ???? 

16 hours ago, johng said:

You may get the book from the bank  there and then ...but it won't be in your name   it will still be in his name  and now fully paid for !!!...so then you both go to the "up north"  Department of land transportation"  to try and change the name in the book to yours and they ask you for your  "up north"  address...and then ?????

Done it a few times (when i get the book) no problem, i have transfer number plates/owner from Chunburi/Pattaya a few times, he sign the transfer paper i go to DLT in phuket and get new Phuket numberplate, only had a problem once, my Harley didn’t make the noise control at DLT, well just went to a dealer i know, gave him the book, he know some people can fix it, done ????   

29 minutes ago, hithere said:

UPDATE

He pay the rest of the money to the bank, they told him it could be 4-6 weeks before he get the green book, i can wait until he got the book, still its a good deal, i still have a few bikes so no problem.

Thanks for the great input from you guys ???? 

Photo of bike?

On 11/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, hithere said:

Thanks Guys

Having the green book alone, doesn't help you. If the owner still has to pay to the finance company, better leave it and buy a bike that's paid off.

You save a lot of time, money and hazzle. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:23 PM, Kwasaki said:

Plus he could claim that his bike got stolen and the OP would be in deep shi_e. Never buy a bike if it's not in the seller's name.

I went through that and needed six months of hard work. 

A bloke ripped me off, but I can be more than happy that it wasn't stolen. 

I had the book, but needed the signed ( after printed out) copy of the former owner's ID, who turned out to be a Thai woman who now lives in the US of A.

Many thanks to the Irish gentleman up in Nakhon P. Should anybody see an add where somebody's trying to sell a bike with the book, but the owner's not in Thailand, forget about it and go on with your life. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:32 PM, hithere said:

You won't get the book on the same day. And any traffic violations must be paid by you when you renew your tax/insurance. 

6 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Having the green book alone, doesn't help you. If the owner still has to pay to the finance company, better leave it and buy a bike that's paid off.

You save a lot of time, money and hazzle. 

He is paying the rest, read my last input 

Guys read all the input, he is going to pay the rest to the bank, then he will get the book in his name, then i will buy the bike, i have bought around 11 bikes over the last 18 years (owners name in green book) but my first time when the bike is on finance, i told him no deal before he got the green book....

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Looks like a Kawazaki Versys 650... 

I think it needs more lights !

Light is nice when riding at night time ???? maybe i will add a few more ???? or take a few off 

On 11/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, hithere said:

Light is nice when riding at night time ???? maybe i will add a few more ???? or take a few off 

Light is very nice when riding at night.

For the same reason have I added an extra high beamer on its own circuit. 

Should the "normal light" not function for whatever reason, I've got my high beamer as well.

Better more lights than none. 

Mein Fernscheinwerfer von vorne.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived