BANGKOK
Stevon

Help please re numbness

Hi all, can anybody help I’m 64 years of age always been very fit and healthy but now if I walk more than 50 yards my bum goes completely numb then my feet. I then sit down for only 5 minutes and every thing is fine, then start walking again and just happens all over again I have been to many doctors in Thailand but no one can seem to help me. I was wondering if Sheryl has any ideas.

All ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am at an all time low.

Stevon

Please may I ask where it’s being moved to so I can see if i get any replies, sorry to be a nuisance but this is my first post 

Stevon 

Likely either a spinal problem or a vascular one.  As you mention numbness and not pain I would worry re spine.

Where in Thailand are you?

Could be spinal stenosis, typically pain and/or numbness that goes away when sitting down or bending forward. Have you done any MRI lumbar spine?

• Like 1

No Dr, but could be sciatica, especially if you have pain as well. Perhaps if it keeps happening go to a decent hospital for a look.  

Hi Sheryl I live in Phetchabun and the only thing I have not done is a MRI scan

Stevon

12 hours ago, AtlasAus said:

No Dr, but could be sciatica, especially if you have pain as well. Perhaps if it keeps happening go to a decent hospital for a look.  

Sciatica comes with fierce pain...numbness is a relief.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Likely either a spinal problem or a vascular one.  As you mention numbness and not pain I would worry re spine.

Where in Thailand are you?

Phetchabun and yes numbness no pain sit down less than 5 minutes bum and feet start to tingle then I’m all back to normal then another 50 yards just happens all over again 

thank you for replying Stevon 

13 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Could be spinal stenosis, typically pain and/or numbness that goes away when sitting down or bending forward. Have you done any MRI lumbar spine?

No I have not had an MRI scan......yet

See a Dr do not take non professional advice on what could be a life threatening matter.

john

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

See a Dr do not take non professional advice on what could be a life threatening matter.

john

Hi john I have been to see many doctors in Thailand all say not life threatening just old age.....?.... whilst back in the UK went to see doctors who all were pretty clueless but still charged £90 ...I was just hoping someone on the forum would say...oh I’ve had that and what to do I have googled just cannot seem to get anywhere and life is hell cannot go shopping or do anything basically housebound 

thanks anyway Stevon

4 minutes ago, Stevon said:

Many thanks for your reply I will have a good read through but I get no pain whatsoever just this damned numbness 

very kind of you Stevon 

Keep us posted and good luck