Ridiculously loud music with ridiculously powerful bass!

SunsetT

21 minutes ago, SteveK said:

wgdanson is probably the most sensible and down to earth poster here. If he says it's rubbish, then it certainly is. He also likes to have a joke too. Thai people reading this take note.

P..s off, I don't want them giving me s..t!   I get enough from the expats! LOL

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

I had to move out of $1900 a month condo because the guy next store had a surround sound system. There was nothing the management could do about it. They told me to hand pictures on the wall.

The base would penetrate through the walls. My bed room was next store, so i started sleeping in the living room, still could hear it. He smoked weed too, would come through the walls. The fat fug would set the timer at night and bake blood cakes, my whole apartment would smell like cake in the middle of the night!

blood cakes?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

I live in a small Isaan village. If someone isn't having a party or wake at 7am with those crazy speakers blasting out morlam, then there are guys driving pickup trucks loaded with mattresses or watermelons belting something out through a loudhailer.  I rarely get a chance to sleep in past 8am. Noise pollution is not a real thing in Thailand. When I ask my wife about it I get the classic Thai smile and she just says that's how it is.

But then again the first thing in my memory from my adventures in Thailand as a young man is that incessant bell-ringing of the street food vendors near Khao San road after having had a skinfull the night before. I don't know why they insist on using those bells to attract custom in an area surrounded with hotels and guesthouses packed with hungover people. Maybe that's part of the experience. Or maybe they are trying to attract blind people. Who knows. Thailand is a funny place.

The bell ringers all have different chimes to indicate different things for sale. I find them charming. Fairly melodious. They are in other countries too.

We used to have a guy that installed those big sound systems in cars,

and a lot of testing went on,the bass was so low,it rattled the windows,

and we were about 100 yards away,he must have went out of business

or moved,as have not heard it for a few months now,there's definitely a

lack of consideration for other people here,they never seem to think if

i do this(not just noise) will it affect anyone else.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Everyone seems to be buying suitcase size speakers from the supermarkets or aquiring bigger hifi systems for their homes and pickups all with super bass output and they are blasting out music at a ridiculous volume. 

TiT ????

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

They have the loud music even for funerals, so the next time will be in seven days, and then 100 days after that.

They possible COULD do something, the question is WOULD they. No way. They do not want to lose face with the music operator/DJ.

So if you don't like it don't get involved

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

A couple of years ago we were at the dam about 50 klicks north of Khon Kaen. Very nice lake with bamboo huts lining one shore, and many vendors selling food. We go there often, a couple of cold beers, Some Tom, shrimps, etc, while the kids play in the water 

image.thumb.png.990b83948f094d474f08dd74d86ac4b8.png

Nice place to visit when in the area. Nice an quiet, maybe some music from far away in the background, the sound of laughter from the kids.

Nice most of the time. One time this selfish idiot, and his family backed their pickup truck a few huts away and proceeded blasting music so loud that we had to shout to each other to talk.

Needles to say,the day was ruined, and we packed up an left. 

Why the authorities or the vendors in the area would not say anything is beyond me.

Yes. Had the same problem in Baengsaen Song.

Unbelievable.

• Like 1

yes thailand can be a noisy place, but it is relatively easy to avoid the noise. i live in bangkok and have peaceful days and nights; the apartment block is well managed and anyone causing a disturbance is removed, when loud building work was going on nearby the owner negotiated/agreed no noise before 8am or after 9pm, there is an unnecessarily loud annual three day festival held in a nearby car park but i'm on the opposite side of the building so sleep fine - though i do have to turn the tv up a bit.

research where you're going to live; both location and management would be my advice for a quiet life ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

We used to have a guy that installed those big sound systems in cars,

and a lot of testing went on,the bass was so low,it rattled the windows,

and we were about 100 yards away,he must have went out of business

or moved,as have not heard it for a few months now,there's definitely a

lack of consideration for other people here,they never seem to think if

i do this(not just noise) will it affect anyone else.

regards worgeordie

We once moved from a really nice rented house because of exactly the same situation. Within 12 months the garage had also moved!

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

A couple of years ago we were at the dam about 50 klicks north of Khon Kaen. Very nice lake with bamboo huts lining one shore, and many vendors selling food. We go there often, a couple of cold beers, Some Tom, shrimps, etc, while the kids play in the water 

Nice place to visit when in the area. Nice an quiet, maybe some music from far away in the background, the sound of laughter from the kids.

Nice most of the time. One time this selfish idiot, and his family backed their pickup truck a few huts away and proceeded blasting music so loud that we had to shout to each other to talk.

Why the authorities or the vendors in the area would not say anything is beyond me.

Thai culture.....That would make the thoughtless offenders lose face!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

Cozy beach is ruined by one of the speedboats banging out techno at full volume

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

yes thailand can be a noisy place, but it is relatively easy to avoid the noise. i live in bangkok and have peaceful days and nights; the apartment block is well managed and anyone causing a disturbance is removed, when loud building work was going on nearby the owner negotiated/agreed no noise before 8am or after 9pm, there is an unnecessarily loud annual three day festival held in a nearby car park but i'm on the opposite side of the building so sleep fine - though i do have to turn the tv up a bit.

research where you're going to live; both location and management would be my advice for a quiet life ????

But the sickening bass can travel for miles and still penetrate a building. But maybe this is one situation where being in a city can actually make it quieter because you are surrounded by so many other concrete buildings absorbing the noise and bass frequency.

Edited by SunsetT