Ridiculously loud music with ridiculously powerful bass!

SunsetT

On 11/22/2019 at 2:53 AM, SunsetT said:

But the sickening bass can travel for miles and still penetrate a building. But maybe this is one situation where being in a city can actually make it quieter because you are surrounded by so many other concrete buildings absorbing the noise and bass frequency.

Yes cities are quieter..building work only 8am to 5pm. music finish 12am to 2am in Pattaya...also safer and less crime, robbery,  burgalry  house breaking  theft from gardens etc. Pattaya aint the wild west..

Issan is!

On 11/23/2019 at 5:03 PM, Beggar said:

I have been living at this area for many years before I bought my condo and it was completely quiet. Now with this noise every day from 5 in the afternoon until at least 2 in the morning I have a condo that I don't want to use anymore...............

I appreciate what you are saying but.........you live in a city, not a leafy suburb. Cities are dynamic - especially in Thailand where a quiet housing area one month can be being turned in to a new shopping mall the next.

I rarely visit Pattaya these days but when I did, although I loved a night out there, I always stayed up near Mabprachan. Why? I stayed at the top of Soi 8 once and that was enough for me. When I party I party but when I go to bed I want to sleep.

My Thai home is out in the sticks because I like peace and quiet at home. I would never move to a city and complain because its changed - that's the nature of the beast.

Its unfortunate that its affected your property value - not much you can do about that.

Just a suggestion, despite what I say about cities, if the noise is absolutely ridiculous and you have Thai owners in your building - have a word with them. If anyone's going to complain - the chances of success must surely be higher for natives. Although, Thai's seem to be able to ignore noise much more than westerners. 

Just occasionally I get packs of dogs barking in the early hours. I try to ignore them for as long as possible but often used to end up shouting at them. I say used to because I've now insulated my house and installed double glazing - I hear little now. Despite the dogs going on for ages  and being particularly noisy, not once did I hear any of the locals shout at them.  Thai's seem much more tolerant than we are.

Edited by KhaoYai

20 hours ago, SunsetT said:
22 hours ago, barry553 said:

Fortunately I downloaded some noise cancelling software which (like magic) blocked out a lot of the noise

Please tell us more!

I mean a link for the software you used please.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yes cities are quieter..building work only 8am to 5pm. music finish 12am to 2am in Pattaya...also safer and less crime, robbery,  burgalry  house breaking  theft from gardens etc. Pattaya aint the wild west..

Issan is!

Why dya think every home has a least 3/5 dogs !

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I appreciate what you are saying but.........you live in a city, not a leafy suburb. Cities are dynamic - especially in Thailand where a quiet housing area one month can be being turned in to a new shopping mall the next.

I rarely visit Pattaya these days but when I did, although I loved a night out there, I always stayed up near Mabprachan. Why? I stayed at the top of Soi 8 once and that was enough for me. When I party I party but when I go to bed I want to sleep.

I don't think that it has to do so much with living in the city if everyone can put up big speakers and in addition big sub woofers and generate as much noise as he wants. In cities I have been living before this would have been stopped very quickly. My experience should be a reminder to others that Pattaya is very different what can lead to unexpected and perhaps expensive and frustrating consequences.

It's not only the volume , it's the content. Was in Tesco, Phitsanulok yesterday. Right by the Customer Service counter was a speaker/amp box playing................Jingle Bells, over and over and over and over again, on a loop I guess. Just inside the store was another speaker/amp box playing...............jingle Bells over and over and over and over again....BUT NOT IN SYNC. A bit further down the store was a speaker/amp box playing...........you guessed it. Was a cacophany of sound, a bit like a fairground where each ride is playing it's own music, or my village where the temple monks will start their chant at 6.30 for half an hour, the village boss will give his talk to the poeple at 6.45 for half an hour, and just down the lane someone died yesterday so...............AUDIO BEDLAM

Even my Bose Noise Cancelling phones do not work on that lot.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Haha 1

I have been in quieter foundaries than my neighborhood.

Recently we were at a mall and I was in a store waiting to be rung up for some toothpaste.   The kid at the counter had on some really offensive US Rap that was espousing Pimps,  bitches,  pussy, Hoes, Poppin caps,  <deleted>in hoes, etc.  

I just shut it off.

Edited by samuttodd
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

I have been in quieter foundaries than my neighborhood.

Recently we were at a mall and I was in a store waiting to be rung up for some toothpaste.   The kid at the counter had on some really offensive US Rap that was espousing Pimps,  bitches,  pussy, Hoes, Poppin caps,  <deleted>in hoes, etc.  

I just shut it off.

...And no clue as to what he was listening to.

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It's not only the volume , it's the content. Was in Tesco, Phitsanulok yesterday. Right by the Customer Service counter was a speaker/amp box playing................Jingle Bells, over and over and over and over again, on a loop I guess. Just inside the store was another speaker/amp box playing...............jingle Bells over and over and over and over again....BUT NOT IN SYNC. A bit further down the store was a speaker/amp box playing...........you guessed it. Was a cacophany of sound, a bit like a fairground where each ride is playing it's own music, or my village where the temple monks will start their chant at 6.30 for half an hour, the village boss will give his talk to the poeple at 6.45 for half an hour, and just down the lane someone died yesterday so...............AUDIO BEDLAM

Even my Bose Noise Cancelling phones do not work on that lot.

I can't hear these US Christmas music too anymore. And this in a mostly Buddhist country. I don't know who told them that music like this will generate more revenue. I would call this guy an idiot but on the other hand he might have made a fortune by selling all this in a Buddhist country... 

I know that there is not only one guy behind this but many companies using Western behavior to increase the sales here. And Christmas is not the only Western celebration they would like to enforce here to make more money. When will we start for instance to celebrate Loy Krathong in New York? 

Edited by Beggar
  • Like 2

Ridiculously loud music with ridiculously powerful bass!

Ridiculously loud CRAPPY music with ridiculously powerful bass.

You'd think these troglodytes could play something for folks whose musical IQs were greater than their shoe sizes at least once in a while.

4 hours ago, Danielcc said:

Good way to reduce the nuisance is to put some carpet under the speakers to reduce bass vibrations.

Try telling Thais, most of whom dont know what a carpet is, this!, not us!

...And how about just turning down the f e k k i n bass to a reasonable level?

There is a neighbor to us that likes to play his music in the morning.  hIS WINDOWS are wide open,  and his system has good fidelity.    I can not for the life of me figure out why they always play LOUD LOUD stuff that sounds like Fraggle rock,  or the muppets.   seriously,   grown up adult people listing to Loud cartoon music.

Once in a while I'll crank it up with something from back home. 

earthless

I get a lot of confused looks.   It is like they can't wrap their heads around it.  The notion of Virtuosity must be foreign to folks that listen to cartoon music.

Edited by samuttodd
  • Like 1

Just arrived back in Aus and while in Thailand, Loy Krathong fesitival sprung up at the local libber (lake) 

Used to the presence of loud music although not the effects, and this time, where an old beat up truck or baht bus conversion was used with the largest speakers and generator to boot, this time it was a puspose built/converted 60 passenger bus.

Complete rear end was speaker outlet.

Now that was some whompa whompa power I can tell you.

Have had windows and buildings rattling around me previously but the effect on my rib cage and internals were like never before.

That was some 20-30 metres away.

Oddly though I managed to get to sleep on the final night concert, being over 1 klm away I was surprised the next morning.

So am I slowly turning Thai, like the song "turning Japanese" ..?? 

Nah...just getting older and deaf.????

• Haha 1