Camel Active - gone

Oxx

The Camel Active store in Mega Bangna closed a few months ago.  Went today to MBK to find that the store there has also closed.  Talking to a staff member at Tokyu, I was told that Camel Active has completely pulled out of Thailand.  (In fact, the Camel concession at Tokyu reportedly closed just yesterday.)

I bought a lot there but for shorts they just asked 2000 baht while a week later they were 1000...also sometimes i was looking at their clothes and the sales came to say that there was discount 30%...when i asked them where i could read that they gave no reply.

So finally i stopped buying it because i always felt cheated.

Well this is what they deserve, if they can't put a proper pricetag on it than it's time for another brand.

On 11/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, fruitman said:

I bought a lot there but for shorts they just asked 2000 baht while a week later they were 1000...also sometimes i was looking at their clothes and the sales came to say that there was discount 30%...when i asked them where i could read that they gave no reply.

Well this is what they deserve, if they can't put a proper pricetag on it than it's time for another brand.

So you see a scam because shorts that were 2,000 baht go on sale for 1,000 baht?

And you get told there is a 30% discount and you see another scam?  And now you're glad they are out of business and people have lost their jobs.

Why not just chill out, thank them for the promotion and buy your shorts?  It must be a struggle to go through life constantly wound up over nothing.

56 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So you see a scam because shorts that were 2,000 baht go on sale for 1,000 baht?

Yes i 've bought their shorts for 2000 to find them half the price the next day in another mall.

And when i'm shopping the sales doesn't have to come tell me about promotion of 30%...just write it on a sign and hang it on the rack. 

And if you think that's strange then you are in thailand too long...

On 11/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, fruitman said:

Who needs shorts for 2000 baht? 

On 11/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, josephbloggs said:

And you get told there is a 30% discount and you see another scam?  And now you're glad they are out of business and people have lost their jobs.

Why not just chill out, thank them for the promotion and buy your shorts?  It must be a struggle to go through life constantly wound up over nothing.

what a winger talking about 1000 baht  cheap charlies  if go to markets can find for 100 baht so if you into the fasion i guess u have to pay 

Yes some of their stuff appealed to me and was good quality 

I bought an casual long sleeved shirt with 2 breast pockets ideal for travelling , it was 900 THB in 1999 and finally gave up about 6 months ago it was indeed very tatty but i loved it.

sadly the final problem was my continued  expansion or maybe it shrank !

On 11/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, fruitman said:

Yes i 've bought their shorts for 2000 to find them half the price the next day in another mall.

And when i'm shopping the sales doesn't have to come tell me about promotion of 30%...just write it on a sign and hang it on the rack. 

And if you think that's strange then you are in thailand too long...

Can’t you return them

On 11/23/2019 at 11:03 AM, josephbloggs said:

I agree with the original writer. If Camel can not be honest then they don't deserve to survive !

6 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Can’t you return them

Even if i could, for 25 euro i'm not going to the mall and argue about something....i can't be bothered but i just hate to feel cheated. 

I've bought about 10 pairs of shorts from Camel active, the buttons were always loose (made in Thailand don't forget) and came off easy...the color faded easy from the dark ones....and i wanted velcro side pockets instead of the buttons.

After that i bought many shorts from Oakley, they are also good but thick and warm. Those you can also find for 1000 but the price is 2000.

Really good ones are from 5.11 tactical but they cost more. And the staff is very stupid in the Tank shop...Americans can buy those cheap in the US...

3 hours ago, cracker1 said:

I agree with the original writer. If Camel can not be honest then they don't deserve to survive !

Well i don't care how much i pay, i just hate to feel cheated...if they have sale they should make a sign so we all can read it...

Also in Central World that huge sportshop (i forget the name) Supersports? or so, i bought an adidas trainingsuit for my cousin's birthday...price was 3000 or so...i went to pay and suddenly the sales girl came running to me and said: 20 or 30? percent discount sir...that's really strange and i almost hung it back but i needed a present for him so i bought it anyway.

Another time i bought Columbia shorts in Supersports, 2000 or so...i had another pair which i really liked, size 33...so i didn't fit them and just bought them straight away, they were the same shorts as i had...at home they didn't fit well, they were too narrow...so i found out (forgot who told me that info) that in Asia they sell the same shorts from Columbia but they are more tight...I hate that as well...i want brands like that to have the same size so i don't have to fit every time, no matter if i buy them in Europe or in Asia. They lost me as customer as well.

But 5.11 tactical you can just buy online if you know your size...they are always the same and the best. It's for soldiers and security folks...very heavy duty quality.

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Also in Central World that huge sportshop (i forget the name) Supersports? or so, i bought an adidas trainingsuit for my cousin's birthday...price was 3000 or so...i went to pay and suddenly the sales girl came running to me and said: 20 or 30? percent discount sir...that's really strange and i almost hung it back but i needed a present for him so i bought it anyway.

I really don't get this.  You were prepared to pay the 3,000 baht but when she told you there was a promotion with 20 or 30% discount you wanted to put them back and walk out?

Why?  If I am ok with a price and then find out it's going to be cheaper I am normally pretty happy.  I don't get what your problem is with that.

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I really don't get this.  You were prepared to pay the 3,000 baht but when she told you there was a promotion with 20 or 30% discount you wanted to put them back and walk out?

Why?  If I am ok with a price and then find out it's going to be cheaper I am normally pretty happy.  I don't get what your problem is with that.

I dont let the staff cheat me or other customers.

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I dont let the staff cheat me or other customers.

Where is the cheating?  They are asking you to pay less than the listed amount.

Honestly, being prepared to walk out over being given a discount / promotion is just bizarre beyond belief.  Why not just offer to pay the full amount?  That way you are not being "cheated".

And thanks for standing up for us all by refusing discounts, but there's really no need.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:03 AM, josephbloggs said:

Victims all around!

52 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Honestly, being prepared to walk out over being given a discount / promotion is just bizarre beyond belief.  Why not just offer to pay the full amount?  That way you are not being "cheated".

And thanks for standing up for us all by refusing discounts, but there's really no need.

Only a TV forum member make victimhood out of this.

6 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Lots of comments from the nanny state escapees who are accustomed to "every price is clearly marked and everyone pays that clearly marked price".  That's not the custom in the East.   And last time I looked at Thailand on a map...

Thais (and Chinese people) will ask for a discount, even at the mall.  Apparently, the shops price their goodies accordingly and the sales staff was authorized to go down 30% on the marked prices.  For whatever reason, this sales person offered the discount without even being asked.  Probably figured a falang wasn't going to ask for the discount.

IMO, that's pretty much the opposite of a scam.

Edit:  Also, I can't speak for this shop, but in China I often see a sign in Mandarin with the number 3 on it.  No English, and 3, not 30.   Somehow, that means everything (or something- hard to tell because I don't read Mandarin) in the store is 30% off.  Go figure...

6 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Go drink gin mate...you don't have to tell me what to do....i only buy from honest shops and want to know the price before i buy...

Yes that's too hard in thailand because they are too dumb to show the price to rich customers. Well then i hope they go bankrupt because i won't buy it.

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Go drink gin mate...you don't have to tell me what to do....i only buy from honest shops and want to know the price before i buy...

Yes that's too hard in thailand because they are too dumb to show the price to rich customers. Well then i hope they go bankrupt because i won't buy it.

And there you go again with the insults, calling the Thais dumb.  And why are you telling me to drink gin (again)?  I don't get it.

Fruitman, the defender of the foreign consumer, the warrior against discounts (he doesn't wear a cape though because it was on sale so he refused to buy it). I can just imagine you regaling your followers:

FM "I went to Supersports to buy a garment for 3,000 baht".

Follower: "On no Fruitman, that's expensive, I hope you protected us and told them it was too expensive!"
FM: "Well, they offered me a 30% discount right there and then!"
Follower: "Oh Fruitman, that's fantastic, they must have known not to mess with Fruitman!".
FM: "Fantastic??  They are cheating me, and cheating you!!"
Follower: "Cheating you?  By giving you a promotion and knocking 30% off?  Asking you to pay less money"
FM: "Yes!!  It's an outrageous scam and I refuse to be cheated like that!"

Follower: "Erm....."

54 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And there you go again with the insults, calling the Thais dumb.  And why are you telling me to drink gin (again)?  I don't get it.

Mate you can't even compare prices between Thailand and Singapore....is that dumb? Sure it is...I'm still waiting for your reply on that thread..

Archived