PEA electricity payment, no warning before removing meter ? Application or email ?

gamesgplayemail

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

It doesn't work with Kasikorn bank as there is no provision to pay the PEA.

I have 2 bank accounts Bangkok Bank and SCB. I opened the SCB specifically to pay Water, Electricity and 3BB by direct debit. Once set up so easy you can forget about it.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:47 PM, madmen said:

Amazing every farang who has meter removed was innocent, what nonsense. Never had mine removed in 13 years and never heard of anyone of hundreds of expats Ive known over that period have theirs removed....Pay on time , pay correctly without stuffing it up..not rocket science

ours is paid by automatic deduction through my wifes bank(our units  bill is also paid from the same account), the house bill had been taken out the week before when it was due but for some reason it was not credited. Had similar with the water a couple of years ago, caught them trying to disconnect the meter and stopped them, again it was an automatic payment and had been paid but the office had stuffed up, one thing you do learn in Thailand is that lots of stuff ups do happen, amazing isnt it and they are not farangs

Edited by seajae

I've had auto payments (not PEA specifically) that have worked for years suddenly just stop. First thing I know is when I get a call from a nice lady wondering why I've not paid.

So now it's a regular routine, check the statements to ensure everything that's supposed to go out, has indeed gone out. I've got everything set up to pay mid-month so it's no real hassle.

Of course, since I've been doing this nothing has failed.

It does happen...  he live just outside a small village, At that time a person came around with the bill you paid them all done. She came to the house I didn’t have cash on me and no one else was home and I don’t speak Thai,

tried to explain come back tomorrow. She didn’t leave the bill so I thought ok she come back and collect the money, The power was out all day .,.. I asked what’s wrong with the power? Don’t know. A 

electrician guy came by and told us the box was gone. 

No notice nothing... the pole is just to the right of our fence, called and it would be 3 days before they come back out, the electrician 

talked to our neighbor and they agree for us to pay 100 baht a day 

until I was hooked, the electrician did the hook up.

Now they put a small box next to the gate and the bill is put there...

ues its it’s very strange they could’ve came knocked on Ruth’s door 

and we pay...

13 hours ago, jimn said:

I have 2 bank accounts Bangkok Bank and SCB. I opened the SCB specifically to pay Water, Electricity and 3BB by direct debit. Once set up so easy you can forget about it.

As already stated, the poster is wrong. You can pay by direct debit from a Kasikorn account - I've been doing exactly that for 4 years.

11 hours ago, seajae said:

Had similar with the water a couple of years ago, caught them trying to disconnect the meter and stopped them

You were very unlucky - I don't now but I have left the bill for my water and bins for over 4 months before.

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

those of you with diect debit payments, do you have it set at a nominal amount or does it just pay what is owed ?

Its a direct debit so you are authorising the company to charge your bank the whole bill. Its not a standing order where you choose the amount.

14 minutes ago, jimn said:

Its a direct debit so you are authorising the company to charge your bank the whole bill. Its not a standing order where you choose the amount.

Cool thanks, just checked both my Kbank and BKK account and neither list PEA as a payee so kinda makes my question redundant, would be nice to set that up so I dont have to bother with it.

On 11/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, bankruatsteve said:

Maybe no relationship, but today I tried to book on Thai Lion Air and it kept rejecting my MasterCard.  Called the number for them and after 10 min. of this/that, she asked where my card was from.  The USA.  'Oh, we are not accepting cards from the US/Canada right now."  Apparently that just started recently.

Unbelievable! Thanks for taking the trouble to let us all know.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:47 PM, madmen said:

Amazing every farang who has meter removed was innocent, what nonsense. Never had mine removed in 13 years and never heard of anyone of hundreds of expats Ive known over that period have theirs removed....Pay on time , pay correctly without stuffing it up..not rocket science

Well done you! Take a bow. ????

clap.gif

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 7:34 AM, Don Mega said:

Cool thanks, just checked both my Kbank and BKK account and neither list PEA as a payee so kinda makes my question redundant, would be nice to set that up so I dont have to bother with it.

Kasikorn definitely make DD payments to the PEA. They don't show up in 'Bill Payment' but you can make payments. I seem to remember going in to my branch to set it up.

On 11/24/2019 at 7:34 AM, Don Mega said:

Setting it up with Bangkok Bank requires getting a form and taking it to the office/bank.  I can't remember if the form came from the bank or the electric company.

• 1 month later...