What is Thaivisa exactly?

Europeanguy

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

I help people with genuine info if I can..

I'll take the pi ss if I'm in that kinda mood..

Sometimes my sense of humour earns me a holiday !! 

But having some banter with others is what makes this a fun forum.. 

Don't take it too seriously, unless you are stuck in IDC, and you won't go too far wrong ????

hey,  I earned a holiday or two myself   haha      guess my humor was too close to the truth 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Europeanguy said:

There is a difference between "A sense of humor", "Funny" and "Flippant" and others like "Sarcastic" etc. It is the measure of how you much you hit your interlocutor.

be careful of the ones with tongue in cheek  

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Europeanguy said:

Thank you for your comprehensive answer which satisfies me.

It is a good and useful place despite some uncalled for comments.

A bit like facebook is facing, how do you police all that? Get fake news etc.?

My comments are only to improve Thaivisa as an extremely valuable tool.

Thank you.

you sound a lot like Mr. Spock. "Captain I am attempting to lock on to a comprehensive answer, however I am having some difficultly."

• Haha 1

This is dialectics. It's very simple dialectics. It's one through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space. You can't go out into space, without like, you know, with fractions. What are you gonna land on? One quarter? Three- eighths? What are you gonna do when you go from here to Venus? That's dialectic physics, okay? Dialectic logic is, there's only love and hate. You either love somebody, or you hate them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

This is dialectics. It's very simple dialectics. It's one through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space. You can't go out into space, without like, you know, with fractions. What are you gonna land on? One quarter? Three- eighths? What are you gonna do when you go from here to Venus? That's dialectic physics, okay? Dialectic logic is, there's only love and hate. You either love somebody, or you hate them.

Now that should keep the OP busy for a few minutes     ????

• Haha 1

I don't want to appear paranoid, but the feisty troll Sakoo just went quiet/dark and then EuropeanGuy turns up. With an interesting vocabulary and a need to show us that he has never used a forum before (oh, how do I answer the correct posting?).

It probably doesn't matter anyway. Let's see if this thread gets 300+ posts too.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Hopper? You out there?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, androokery said:

I don't want to appear paranoid, but the feisty troll Sakoo just went quiet/dark and then EuropeanGuy turns up. With an interesting vocabulary and a need to show us that he has never used a forum before (oh, how do I answer the correct posting?).

It probably doesn't matter anyway. Let's see if this thread gets 300+ posts too.

My dog passed away last year, so I quite enjoying feeding trolls. Its like having a pet but cheaper and no poop to clean up !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

The electrical forum information is more current than some other sub forums. You'll find resistance from some members to new ideas but giving them stick, just Hertz their feelings !!

Bright spark , salt of the Earth ...

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Why Me said:

It is run by the CIA and MI5 with Nato funding. This is because almost all TV members are retired Navy Seal, Royal Marine Commandos, etc. Our former employers fund TV to keep us connected in life after combat.

Me for example. I  was one of the helicopter pilots who flew Seal Team 6 to take out bin Laden.  Now I teach English in Isaan for the fun of it. I have no need for the money at all. But a low profile job helps me blend in with the locals because al Qaeda has a price on my head.

Didn't I see you in a bar in Pattaya when I was telling everybody about my exploits in the SAS? 

Seriously, TV is like almost all forums "what you make of it" I've had useful info from it, hopefully provided some in return, had a few laughs and ended up arguing with other members on occasion...usually the 10 minute argument, not the complete hour!

• Like 1

It's a great source of information on many subject. It's better to not take all the negative/paranoid post too seriously. Sometimes, I start to feel my stress level increasing then I disconnect and remember where I am and everything is fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayaout said:

It's a great source of information on many subject. It's better to not take all the negative/paranoid post too seriously. Sometimes, I start to feel my stress level increasing then I disconnect and remember where I am and everything is fine. 

Also as with many things "consider the source".

Some people post as experts and emit hot air and cause FUD.

Others, are knowledgeable and helpful. It just takes time to work out who's who. I find this rule applies to many forums about many subjects.

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

or just go ohm ! 555555

often when I go to Chiangrai I visit my spiritual guru and recite the following , sometimes over and over for days at a time:   

ohmmm   ohmmmm  ommmc donald had a farm ...... eeiiii eiiiii ohhhhhhh

• Haha 1