BANGKOK
4675636b596f75

Just Say No! 2 No Bag Day! Tag it and Bag it!

Will you make a fuss over the ridiculous no bag day policy?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

You keep a condom in your wallet for that time you didn't plan.  Do you have 2?  Or perhaps 5 condoms in your wallet? Who goes out to the movies and takes shopping bags with them, just in case they shop?  

This is why stores have bags.  

understand …. but what you go do 1 January as it seems the Thai government go on with their plan ….

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Can you not walk out of Foodland pushing a trolley with your groceries in it?  Makro never supplies bags and  unless you went to Foodland by public transport, I don't see the problem. However I do agree that they might have made an exception, after all, Thais don't normally question things like this.

Great idea. But perhaps they will not allow you to walk home with the trolley. But it would be worth a try. 

3 minutes ago, timendres said:

The only people I sympathize with are tourists unaware of a "no bag" policy and without the ability to prepare for it. A recent visitor from Japan wound up at Tops Market just off the plane, and was shocked he would not be provided with a bag for his purchase. Seems a simple alternative is to just charge 5baht for a bag. So you can get it when it is absolutely needed, but have the ability to plan for not needing one and saving the 5baht.

agree, but why only 5 baht ?

• Like 2

I keep plastic bag folded up in my pocket all the time because often even on regular days they're skimpy on the bags and I need fortification. 

So I can deal with no bag days but sometimes I put some stuff back on those days. 

The box thing is an insult for those taking public transportation. Seems like we should get some baggie points for that. 

No I wouldn't push them but on the other hand I'm cynical about the global impact of such measures which sorry to use right wing rhetoric sometimes feel like virtue signaling. OK boomer? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I keep plastic bag folded up in my pocket all the time because often even on regular days they're skimpy on the bags and I need fortification. 

Every one of my backpacks and murses have good quality USA or Siam Department store plastic bag folded into a nanometer sized package and stashed. Sometimes two. For keeping the camera dry.

22 minutes ago, 30la said:

I haven't used plastic bags in years, and?
It works very well and makes me feel good too!

well I use them here because:

1. I need garbage bags and hate buying them  and

2. my groceries are delivered. Tops uses plastic bags. Hey look, garbage bags!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So I can deal with no bag days but sometimes I put some stuff back on those days. 

The box thing is an insult for those taking public transportation. Seems like we should get some baggie points for that. 

No I wouldn't push them but on the other hand I'm cynical about the global impact of such measures which sorry to use right wing rhetoric sometimes feel like virtue signaling. OK boomer? 

OK, it will not be enough for eradicate the plastics polluting everywhere the landscape of Thailand.

But we have to start well and this measure is going in the right direction. So I'm happy to take my reusable nylon bags and not add to the disaster.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

OK, it will not be enough for eradicate the plastics polluting everywhere the landscape of Thailand.

But we have to start well and this measure is going in the right direction. So I'm happy to take my reusable nylon bags and not add to the disaster.

Times are changing. We need to change, and very soon you'll have to get used to bringing your own bags, whether it's reusable fabric bags or your own plastic bags. In the mean time, perhaps Thailand should do like Hong Kong, either bring your own bag or pay extra to get a plastic one. It's only a minor adjustment to our lives and one that needs to be done. Most of the grocery stores sell the nylon/cloth bags for very little money. Buy a few, in the near future it will be how everyone brings their purchases home.

Edited by gjoo888
  • Like 2

I've just found another obnoxious <deleted> to add to my 'ignore list'.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1