Just Say No! 2 No Bag Day! Tag it and Bag it!

4675636b596f75

Will you make a fuss over the ridiculous no bag day policy?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Rawanda and The Democratic Congo and Nigeria and Somalia..The west is rushing to emulate them and falling over themselves to book holidays there. Are you a missionary there?

Just repeating statements made by Germany and others in Europe.  Rwanda is used as one of the leaders in the fight to end plastic waste.  The internet is awash with reports and referenced at high levels of governments and the United Nations.

Do a bit of research.

When I lived back in my home country, where they haven't handed out free bags for decades, I had a couple of collapsible crates in the car and filled those there directly from the shopping cart. I suppose that I will just do the same here come January, although I must admit that I will miss the service of the cashier doing the bagging.

• Like 2

I must admit that I will miss the service of the cashier doing the bagging.

I've used my own bags for a couple of years now.  I have found that 50% of the stores I go to, including 7/11, I'm asked for my bag and the cashier will bag it.  I don't think it takes them any longer than pulling out plastic bags, double bagging where necessary.

• Like 2

What a fantastic day! One trip to 7/11 netted 6 plastic bags!

I neglected to get a picture of the boy's fried sandwich which was placed on a paper sheet, only to be put into a plastic bag and then placed into another plastic bag.  I'm not sure why the water had to be in a bag by itself.  

I figure I got 4 dookie bags out of this trip.  

IMG_20191124_184601.jpg

IMG_20191124_184804.jpg

IMG_20191124_184810.jpg

IMG_20191124_190006.jpg

23 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I think that they should have bags available to buy for people that forgot, it is a transition period. They can make the bags progressively more expensive before they cut them off all together. But no bags one day a week is just going to keep pishing people off.

Bag on sale at my local 7/11 at 19 Baht which seems a bit pricey. One half the size is 10 Baht. They go live tomorrow with their "no plastic" initiative.

20191124_202939-1.jpg

In the US at the Publix supermarket where we usually shop when in the US  they offer both  Plastic and Paper bags. We mostly opt for paper. I don't see it as a problem . I understand that for some , such as the ones on motorcycles paper could be a problem, I suggest that they bring reusable bags.

I realize that for some it might be an inconvenience,  but it is IMO a small price to pay for a better environment. 

• Like 1

Hmmm...I see so "not so green " comments in the replies. I see 7/11 will stop plastic bag wrapping 1 January 2020. Seen an expat outrage on that too. Next you know people will be quoting that as a reason they are leaving Thailand....555. Get green guys. We can all help in our own little ways. 

• Like 1

A large plastic bag fits discretely in my back pocket nicely, more discrete that my wallet and my phone. I never leave home without it, same as my phone. What is your problem? When I was young, there were NO plastic bags anywhere. We were given paper bags (and today in the U.S. you will pay for paper bags). We survived all the same. Save the world for your children and grandchildren.

2 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

A large plastic bag fits discretely in my back pocket nicely, more discrete that my wallet and my phone. I never leave home without it, same as my phone. What is your problem? When I was young, there were NO plastic bags anywhere. We were given paper bags (and today in the U.S. you will pay for paper bags). We survived all the same. Save the world for your children and grandchildren.

Logically take me step-by-step through how the world is saved by you carrying a plastic bag in your back pocket.

For the record, I used to carry a plastic bag in my back pocket when I was younger.  It was in my wallet.

They called it a rubber.