Feeling lonely

Huckenfell

21 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There is an expat community there in KK and a small bar area where some hangout.

Other then that, many people suffer from loneliness and get through it can make you a stronger person in the long run..

Loneliness,   is the norm ,  for many expats , living away from their home land .

Part of the package ..

13 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

For goodness sake!  Did'nt anybody read my original post.    duuuh !

Yes I did and it doesn’t say you live in Samui ...sounds like your friend is visiting you like would be normal.  What is your problem??

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

My Aussie mate has just arrived in KK from Buriram, his partner has been transferred to the hospital for lifesaving medical treatment. He says that he feels very lonely, where should he go. Not looking for female company, just friendship.

Strange request, i have lived this situation with my grilfriend some years ago

when she was very sick and not far from dying and

IMO his place is in the hospital beside his partner, and family and friends 

(If his partner has some and if they are not very far) can visit them in the room

usualy it's like this in Thailand and its' the moment where your presence is the most

required for a moral and material support.

Feel lonely should be the last of his worries, exept if he is a super selfish

Just now, Huckenfell said:

But i am getting stupid answers from people who obviously did not read my post, but just fly at their keyboard.  It is frustrating.

There is the possibility you didn't explain yourself as clearly as you could have done.

Either way, seems a little uncalled for being rude to people who are at least trying to help. 

57 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

OMG! you have no idea what you are saying. He is not allowed to see her until after the doctors tomorrow, 

Obviously you do not want to bother too much giving the accurate informations about your ''mate''

and his situation in your first post, and then you are rude with all the people trying to help with the very little that you give. 

Anyway as i said if his partner is as bad as you pretend, i don't see how your mate can

be busy to try to find some new friends because he feels ''lonely'', i have been in that case

2 times (With my ex wife and with my ex grilfriend) and in this situation all your mind and

all your thinkings are focused on your partner's situation, i do not see any place to focus on himself and trying to feel less lonely with new friends, it's sound just weird and selfish for me from your ''mate'' and i do not want to try to help anymore him nor you but i wish

goodluck to the partner, who is probably feels really very lonely at the moment.

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

But i am getting stupid answers from people who obviously did not read my post, but just fly at their keyboard.  It is frustrating.

Your mate sounds a bit self-centred, most people would be too busy with their unwell partner rather than thinking about their own needs.

Lets'face it. Most Farangs that end up in Rural Thailand it's because Thai-Wife comes from this corner of the world. I have observed that the Thai-Wifes serve as some sort of "Umbilical-Cord" between "HIM" and the rest of the local population as the language skills of the Farang usually remain very rudimentary.

Without the "umbilical-cord" of a Thai-Wife or advanced skills of the Thai-Language, the destiny of Farang living in Rural-Thailand is pre-determined: Loneliness.
Fortunately (?), usually Farangs die before their Thai-Wifes.
If the reverse should occur: A new Umbilical-Cord shall be re-established in no time at all. Granted that a Farang ATM Card keeps functioning flawlessly.

A horrible "generalisation", I know. If only it woulden't come so close to reality.

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

sooo..... is the H and the F in your username an attempt to hide the real you ?

or just a case of dyslexia ? 

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

Pun-Killer Alert!! ????

the local Roads Dept needs 'you', image.jpeg.7c092beef37e7eac97a7897d523072c4.jpeg

to decrypt Personalised Number Plate requests 

XLR8 the process...

5 hours ago, elliss said:

Loneliness,   is the norm ,  for many expats , living away from their home land .

Part of the package ..

Never been lonely since I was a child. The OP's friend is feeling sad due to missing his partner and worrying about her. He is confusing this valid feeling, which he is not used to, as loneliness...either way he needs multiple distractions of a wide variety.

15 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:
35 minutes ago, rumak said:

or just a case of dyslexia ? 

No. Its an attempt to be funny.

a joke/pun/funnyline 'explained' loses it's magic from that... (Insert canned laughter, here [ ] ???? 

Loneliness makes you stronger.  You can be in a crowded room and still be lonely. 

Some peoples whole life is spent always with their partner and so without them they feel lost or lonely.  

I have never felt this way so cannot give any good advice except learn to enjoy solitude. 

Listen to music, read a book, take a walk, cook some food, write your autobiography.  

quotes-about-loneliness.jpg

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

There is the possibility you didn't explain yourself as clearly as you could have done.

Either way, seems a little uncalled for being rude to people who are at least trying to help. 

Not my fault if some here have such little comprehension. Sorry.

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Obviously you do not want to bother too much giving the accurate informations about your ''mate''

and his situation in your first post, and then you are rude with all the people trying to help with the very little that you give. 

Anyway as i said if his partner is as bad as you pretend, i don't see how your mate can

be busy to try to find some new friends because he feels ''lonely'', i have been in that case

2 times (With my ex wife and with my ex grilfriend) and in this situation all your mind and

all your thinkings are focused on your partner's situation, i do not see any place to focus on himself and trying to feel less lonely with new friends, it's sound just weird and selfish for me from your ''mate'' and i do not want to try to help anymore him nor you but i wish

goodluck to the partner, who is probably feels really very lonely at the moment.

She ha been transferred from Buriram with cancerous growth to upper spine. Wish i was pretending, thank you for your compassionately sarcastic remarks.

Archived