Feeling lonely

Huckenfell

5 hours ago, swissie said:

Lets'face it. Most Farangs that end up in Rural Thailand it's because Thai-Wife comes from this corner of the world. I have observed that the Thai-Wifes serve as some sort of "Umbilical-Cord" between "HIM" and the rest of the local population as the language skills of the Farang usually remain very rudimentary.

Without the "umbilical-cord" of a Thai-Wife or advanced skills of the Thai-Language, the destiny of Farang living in Rural-Thailand is pre-determined: Loneliness.
Fortunately (?), usually Farangs die before their Thai-Wifes.
If the reverse should occur: A new Umbilical-Cord shall be re-established in no time at all. Granted that a Farang ATM Card keeps functioning flawlessly.

A horrible "generalisation", I know. If only it woulden't come so close to reality.

Speak for yourself and your own experiences please.

11 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

She ha been transferred from Buriram with cancerous growth to upper spine. Wish i was pretending, thank you for your compassionately sarcastic remarks.

Dont get on your high horse. We are not mind readers. You kept this sad, but crucial information from us. You need to learn some manners and apologise to the people you called stupid. Rather than feel sorry for himself your mate should be thinking about his poorly partener. Both of you seem rather selfish.

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

She ha been transferred from Buriram with cancerous growth to upper spine. Wish i was pretending, thank you for your compassionately sarcastic remarks.

Again i am really sorry for her and she has all my compassion.

But i wasn't sarcastic at all with my posts, i just try to be realist and if you read all

the answers you have had on your topic you should start to understand that you and

your mate are pretty self centred selfish, but i can understand you stay in deny

and refuse to accept it. 

Have a nice day

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Distance is <deleted> all to an Ozzie, slip up and visit him.

Exactly....and afterall that's where your poorly written OP made out you were actually living. Your a disgrace to your race mate. Rude, arrogant, belligerent; not mate material at all. Chok dii

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

The bar area near the Pullman hotel is your best bet

Yes there are a few of the bars with ladies but they arn't in your face and not all of them have girls working in them

Thanks for actually trying to address the OP's simple wish to assist his mate who is a stranger in a strange town and just wants some mateship to get his mind momentarily off his wife's serious and sad medical condition. I am up in Udon but if there's nobody in KK willing to show  a wee bit of compassion, It's only maybe a 75 minute drive for me.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for actually trying to address the OP's simple wish to assist his mate who is a stranger in a strange town and just wants some mateship to get his mind momentarily off his wife's serious and sad medical condition. I am up in Udon but if there's nobody in KK willing to show  a wee bit of compassion, It's only maybe a 75 minute drive for me.

The OP could easily address that simple wish if mateship meant anything to him.  It's an average 4.5 hr flight with one stopover inc. from Samui.

https://www.jetcost.co.th/en/flights/results/KKC-USM/2019-11-29/0/1-0-0?sid=FTH7_5dd7622ead41a&source=search-form

Kudos to you though.....for being willing to drive for 1/3 of that time out of your own time and pocket to give support & encouragement to an Aussie expat you don't know from a bar of soap for how ever long it takes. 

Seriously bloke; cheers cobber, thanx Mate!

12 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Did you read why my friend is in KK

Yes, I did because the biggest hospital for Issan is in Khon Kaen 

P1020191_Khon_Kaen.thumb.JPG.e75f27792adfca493b808a692d37fb68.JPG

and why do we have to wait two pages to know that "his partner" is a woman?
At first I thought you were a "couple" of three (men) ..

When you give very little information in a request you have to expect inapropriate reactions

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

There is not and never ever will be anybody that would want to become buddies with another farang on TV and hook up ..NEVER gonna happen and has nothing to do with compassion. Why dont you bus it there and give him a shoulder? nope lol website is full of weirdos

Let's see how this has progressed since its inception shall we?

Two posts from people suggesting there's a 'bar area' that may be a good place to find a crowd to mingle and relax with. After all, it's only an assumption the OP's friend wants to talk to anyone at all, let alone about his current situation. Most likely he would like some time among a group of strangers that are mostly speaking a language he's familiar with in an atmosphere he's more comfortable with; an ambience as it were. Not an unreasonable request.

The rest who probably... no hopefully either don't live in KK or know nothing about the place, seem to think it is more important to call the OP rude or a poor friend for either being imprecise on his own location and a perceived unwillingness to travel himself. Then there are some who consider that his unfortunate mate is somehow selfish because he is contemplating abandoning his seriously ill wife alone in hospital albeit only for a few hours because he feels all a bit isolated. I almost missed the latest non-helpful and worryingly homophobic offering expressing relief that the OP's friends seriously ill partner is actually a female. Talk about inappropriate, eh? Maybe if he was just a guy missing his dog down at the KKU Veterinary Hospital he would have people lining up to buy him a beer to cheer him up?

Grief or concern for a loved one impacts different people in different ways. That's one of the imponderables of being a human. What one person has either witnessed or personally experienced in a given, personal situation has absolutely no significance or impact on how another individual approaches or embraces a similar situation. Everyone has their own cross to bear, row to hoe, etc., and bars and pubs can be great places for helping place these personal challenges in a better perspective. In this case, it's been suggested that the guy should hang around the hospital between visiting hours or he should lie alone in a strange hotel room in a town he's never been to before and worry more earnestly. Obviously he thinks this isn't the best solution for him but his friend has no intimate knowledge of 'where the farangs go' in KK thus the quite reasonable question being placed here.

Despite strong evidence so far to the contrary, I would hope that the general forum membership is so much better than this litany of name-calling and insults. This isn't someone pleading for help after being denied entry at Don Meuang or another chasing crowdfunding because he burned his bridges and can't stay here. It's simply about someone feeling lonely when maybe his singular best friend in life is seriously ill.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

After all, it's only an assumption the OP's friend wants to talk to anyone at all, let alone about his current situation. Most likely he would like some time among a group of strangers that are mostly speaking a language he's familiar with in an atmosphere he's more comfortable with; an ambience as it were. Not an unreasonable request.

you are correct that responses to the OP have not been very cordial or helpful.   the flip side is that the OP's posts were confusing and responses to members (not so helpful)posts were rude as well.   All in all a lot of assumptions and really not that easy to know what is really needed here.   Given the benefit of the doubt ( not a big expat trait).... it would be nice indeed if someone tried to give some comfort to the Op's friend.   

The first question I would ask the OP is :   Would his friend want someone on this forum to contact him?   If so anyone wishing could get the phone # from the OP by PM

Madmen's comment that we are all weird mothers may not be 100% correct.   But I have yet to

meet another farang  in 20 years that has , over time,  proved him wrong.  My two friends are from 30 years ago.   Guess a majority of us are kinda gun shy at this point in time

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Let's see how this has progressed since its inception shall we?

Two posts from people suggesting there's a 'bar area' that may be a good place to find a crowd to mingle and relax with. After all, it's only an assumption the OP's friend wants to talk to anyone at all, let alone about his current situation. Most likely he would like some time among a group of strangers that are mostly speaking a language he's familiar with in an atmosphere he's more comfortable with; an ambience as it were. Not an unreasonable request.

The rest who probably... no hopefully either don't live in KK or know nothing about the place, seem to think it is more important to call the OP rude or a poor friend for either being imprecise on his own location and a perceived unwillingness to travel himself. Then there are some who consider that his unfortunate mate is somehow selfish because he is contemplating abandoning his seriously ill wife alone in hospital albeit only for a few hours because he feels all a bit isolated. I almost missed the latest non-helpful and worryingly homophobic offering expressing relief that the OP's friends seriously ill partner is actually a female. Talk about inappropriate, eh? Maybe if he was just a guy missing his dog down at the KKU Veterinary Hospital he would have people lining up to buy him a beer to cheer him up?

Grief or concern for a loved one impacts different people in different ways. That's one of the imponderables of being a human. What one person has either witnessed or personally experienced in a given, personal situation has absolutely no significance or impact on how another individual approaches or embraces a similar situation. Everyone has their own cross to bear, row to hoe, etc., and bars and pubs can be great places for helping place these personal challenges in a better perspective. In this case, it's been suggested that the guy should hang around the hospital between visiting hours or he should lie alone in a strange hotel room in a town he's never been to before and worry more earnestly. Obviously he thinks this isn't the best solution for him but his friend has no intimate knowledge of 'where the farangs go' in KK thus the quite reasonable question being placed here.

Despite strong evidence so far to the contrary, I would hope that the general forum membership is so much better than this litany of name-calling and insults. This isn't someone pleading for help after being denied entry at Don Meuang or another chasing crowdfunding because he burned his bridges and can't stay here. It's simply about someone feeling lonely when maybe his singular best friend in life is seriously ill.

Seriously your joking! The friend didn’t,t post this, bet he doesn’t,t even know of it.  I,m sure if he has made it thus far he can manage a stay in a nearby town, to assist his wife in care, no local friends, family of the wife’s etc? Hospital,s will allow a stay with the patient to support in any event. As to an expat bar any hotel or taxi would be able to give advice if it was needed, which I,m sure it ain,t,and it’s the last place he should be anyway if things go crook. I reckon the OP is guilty he can,t be there to help out, for whatever reason! Can’t imagine asking on a forum for a friend indeed!

Archived