Gang of 8 robbing villages in Sansai

tabarin

On the night of tuesday to wednesday there has been a group of 8 masked people in our village via the back wall
(while compounded by water like a castle but low water made it easy i guess and security guard not noticed / would be running off himself too if seeing 8 people). 

They have taken clothes from the owner of the swimming pool and coffeeshop, turned down CCTV camera's there too, to then continue for the strangest things like motorbike wheels (they had tools and were fast).

I have caught them on our own CCTV too but we got a street light in front as well sensors with light / security + a cctv behind the window, so they haven't taken our shoes and helmets. (Yes they also took shoes).
Just tonight in some local news it is reported, same gang, another village in the area. So maybe a heads up for people living around here.

P.S. Not so long ago also a gang of 4 tried to rob a Thai guy from his Vespa at our near by 7/11, 200 meters from the police station, they did get caught. But shows there is more crime lately.

3 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

A CCTV doesn´t help so much when they are masked. Nobody called the police or did they need too long to arrive?

Seems nobody found out until the morning, CCTV does help as of escape routes + they are identical in both villages (my recording matches the exact same looks / people than the one in other village) so could at least be hold responsible for all if caught.

Didn't get any update yet but it is the talk of the village, so it might come later.

Would think about young guys but also seemed to be very organised and everyone had a task in cctv recordings.

They might been out for more expensive things or also break in too, but in our village not much luck I guess.

I usually would still be awake by the time they were there and would have noticed but exactly that day I slept early.

17 hours ago, tabarin said:

Seems nobody found out until the morning, CCTV does help as of escape routes + they are identical in both villages (my recording matches the exact same looks / people than the one in other village) so could at least be hold responsible for all if caught.

Didn't get any update yet but it is the talk of the village, so it might come later.

Oh my god. I live in Sansai.

Do you have a link to any newspaper reports on this?

I need to let my management office know so that they will be on the lookout.

Too bad the Thai people are so tolerant and reluctant to band together and dish out some good old fashioned village (ante) justice.  I know that (sadly) the police here do not condone this and will prosecute the villagers for it but is a completely different story in Indonesia.

Try something like that in Indonesia (just yell "thief" really loud) and you can expect the whole village to come running out armed with bats, machetes, rocks, jerry cans of gasoline and if caught, the thieves will be severely beaten (and sometimes killed if caught stealing a motorbike or a cow etc).

An hour or so later when the police show up, they just haul the thief (or thieves) off to the nearest police station or hospital and give a thumbs up to the villagers, drive off and that's all in a good days work.  The villagers are not prosecuted for handling the situation in that manner there and are expected to "assist" the police with crime prevention in their area.

There's no better deterrent than a good ass kicking by about 50 <deleted> off villagers and no better way to keep the village safe IMO.  The word spreads quick among the local thieves and bandits and they will look for greener pastures next time.

16 hours ago, SkyNets said:

Put a gps tracker in a scooter part and leave it outside for them ????

Too late for that I guess, the guard is now doing his job better again but I bet he slacks within a month again.

Doubt the same gang to be returning anytime soon, all though, they might be stupid enough...

16 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Too bad the Thai people are so tolerant and reluctant to band together and dish out some good old fashioned village (ante) justice.  I know that (sadly) the police here do not condone this and will prosecute the villagers for it but is a completely different story in Indonesia.

Same in Cambodia, was in Phnom Penh and someone robbed a girl from her bag but then drove into a dead end street on his motorbike.
Within seconds there were 30-40 locals running with chairs and knocked him off his bike, never seen someone running that fast, he still nearly got beaten to death.

They did a good job here though, we have a few retired cops living here, they were lucky to not try his house, he would have shot at them. 
Also the next day had detectives around and saw some cop late last night around the small road too.

Guess it helped that they stole from our village owner, he owns many villages and must have some influence.

3 hours ago, tabarin said:

Guess you are the only one who doesn't know by not reading the title.

San Sai is about 40 kilometers North to South so it is not a specific location.  So you really  have not told where by saying the name of a large Amphur.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, Vacuum said:

Yes, but these punks could perhaps get a job and perhaps cut down on their drug expences.

Agreed, but if they are not successful in finding employment how about all 8 be rounded up and 1 at a time be given a good kicking.

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

And then what, call a Grab taxi to follow them?

Pass the info to the village head man, let them deal with it.

11 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Where can you buy them? 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tk102b-car-gps-gsm-gprs-tracker-realtime-tracking-locator-device-i551776231-s1004860577.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.7.45c371096aF5pe&search=1

It does need a sim card but you can also record audio, track on google maps. Battery lasts about 2 weeks on one charge. I have one in my car but its hard wired under the dash.

On 11/28/2019 at 10:45 AM, Berkshire said:

Do you know if they're actually breaking into homes?  Or just robbing what's not nailed down outside? 

The home robberies I mentioned earlier in the thread do involve breaking windows and breaking in. In all cases the thieves were after cash only. I was advised that there is a long thread about the Sansai cash-only robberies on FB with many victims chiming in, but I could not find it. Someone else told me it is in a "closed group" and does not show up in searches.

Archived