Best/Fastest Mobile Data Package? True vs Dtac vs AIS

banagan

I'm in a new condo, which doesn't allow fibre broad band. I've decided to give a decent mobile, unlimited data pack a go.

AIS have unlimited data at 10mbps for only 200 baht a month. For an extra 50 baht, you can use their hotspots. 

I thought that might be too slow, so went with True, as they supposedly have an unlimited pack, 100 - 300(max)mbps, for 1,100 per month.

With speed tests, I'm only getting 7 - 14mbps with True... so will cancel.

I'm wondering if that's the case, do you never get the advertised speed? 

Does anyone have any experience with AIS? Are their advertised speeds legit?

My AIS SIM advertises 4 Mbps and that's what I get - just ran a speed test (without VPN connected) and I got 4.98 Mbps download and 4.99 Mbps upload. 

These aren't the speeds you seek but they match what AIS advertises as being available for the data package I selected (100 thb/month, 32 GB @ 4Mbps plus AIS hotspots.)

I then connected to the Los Angeles location for my VPN - 1.98 Mbps download and 1.17 Mbps upload.

The advertised speeds are likely intended to mean that's the speed you'll get if accessing content within Thailand.  If you are accessing web content located outside of Thailand, it's likely to be at a slower rate than what's advertised, IME.  

1 hour ago, jay36 said:

Where did you find that package. I cant see that anywhere on their website. Sounds like a great deal as I need something similar. Thanks.

My thoughts exactly, maybe missed a 0?

I was at the store and the best deal I found was unlimited GB at 10mbps for 200baht per month.

Last one on that list.

I'll cancel True today, as they're way off their advertised min of 100mbps and see if AIS is actually 10 or close to.

I understand signal can vary with location, but I'm in Nimmen area, cell towers everywhere.

IMG_20191116_181713275.jpg

Archived