Unexpected result at CM immigration on Wednesday. Need help.

your problem is clearly stated and informative for others who may face the same situation.

What they tell you makes sense in the scheme of things; and at least is clear. Get the money over here, get your extension and transition to the 65KB per month proof for next year.

If you need help, Star Visa, CM business park is a professional group.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, elviajero said:

There is nothing to back up UJ’s opinion. There has been nothing published by immigration suggesting transfers into the bank can be used to apply for a Non O.

It is not my opinion. What I wrote is based upon reports of people doing a non immigrant visa application with transfers from abroad.

Some office have even suggested people go out for a tourist visa or exempt entry to resolve their lack of transfers into the country.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not my opinion. What I wrote is based upon reports of people doing a non immigrant visa application with transfers from abroad.

I’m sure it would help the OP/forum if you linked one of those reports.

My point remains that there has been no official announcement that income transfers can be used for Non O applications. And I would also point out that just because/if one office has allowed them it doesn’t make it ‘official policy’, or confirm that other offices will do the same.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

I do not understand how anyone could not know about the money requirement with the amount of talk that’s going on here about that and even if you’re not on Thai visa if you talk to any other ex-pat they’re going to tell you about it

Yes, but only in relation to extensions of stay. The OP’s problem is with proof of income accepted when applying for a Non Imm visa.

• Like 2

I think your only option is "unfortunately" go through an agent the dodgy way. I have had a number of IO ask directly if I needed "help" with the 800k...

It would appear once you've let your extension expire you're forced to have the 800k seasoned. The monthly 65k is for renewals.

Don't think you need to leave country but just find right agent.

Understand the frustration. The level of mis-communication, wrong advice is a head @$#/÷. Certainly has me doubting long term plans

• Like 1

You will be able to show an actual letter from Social Security along with your bank statements from a ew months showing the social security is deposited each month.  You might want to have the SS income deposited directly in your bkk account. Of course, you will need to be receiving the amount required per month by the immigration authorities which I think is over 2000 USD (check this.) The only other way, per our journey to Vientiane...is to put 800,000 in a Thai Bank account. You also need a police check among other documents.  

6 hours ago, CNX GUY said:

your problem is clearly stated and informative for others who may face the same situation.

What they tell you makes sense in the scheme of things; and at least is clear. Get the money over here, get your extension and transition to the 65KB per month proof for next year.

If you need help, Star Visa, CM business park is a professional group.

Thank you. They have an 'expert' that I wasn't able to talk to today because she was busy. I will try on Saturday. Fingers are crossed.  

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some office have even suggested people go out for a tourist visa or exempt entry to resolve their lack of transfers into the country.

UJ. Can a person not living in that particular area go to any of these offices? Also if that is a problem my 'Thai family' have family and friends all over. I am sure they can get someone to help and say I am renting a room from them and than transfer my address back to CM area when I need to. I would like to go to one of these other offices that seem to be following the correct policy.  

4 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

I do not understand how anyone could not know about the money requirement with the amount of talk that’s going on here about that and even if you’re not on Thai visa if you talk to any other ex-pat they’re going to tell you about it

Precisely to the point of the post. If you note the interchange between elviagera and ubonjoe you can see that there is not a general agreement on what that 'money requirement' is and/or how different Thai immigration offices are interpreting it. Some of the 'talk' you are talking about say you can use the money transfer method to get a non O and some say you can not. I am still not for sure. At this point I am checking out some agents to see if this can be done.  

51 minutes ago, erinsf said:

You will be able to show an actual letter from Social Security along with your bank statements from a ew months showing the social security is deposited each month.  You might want to have the SS income deposited directly in your bkk account. Of course, you will need to be receiving the amount required per month by the immigration authorities which I think is over 2000 USD (check this.) The only other way, per our journey to Vientiane...is to put 800,000 in a Thai Bank account. You also need a police check among other documents.  

Thank you. It sounds like you have direct experience of getting a Non O in Vientiane.  I will message you.

1 hour ago, BizMarkDee said:

UJ. Can a person not living in that particular area go to any of these offices? Also if that is a problem my 'Thai family' have family and friends all over. I am sure they can get someone to help and say I am renting a room from them and than transfer my address back to CM area when I need to. I would like to go to one of these other offices that seem to be following the correct policy.  

No. You must live at an address that’s within the catchment area of the office you’re applying at.

As long as you can provide a rental contract for the address on the application ‘moving for a short term’ could work.

Once you have the visa and extension you could do a change of address to CM. 

FYI. I received confirmation earlier today from a contact at CW immigration that there has been no written directive given to offices regarding any change to proof of income for Non-Imm visa applications. So — at least for now — it’s completely at the discretion of the office senior or division office about what they can/will accept.

Using another office that accept income deposits would work, if you can find one, and have a local address.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, Thailand said:

Tourist visa to Non O to extension of stay,retirement, requires 800K ,seasoned 2 months and I believe from overseas.

Don't think you have to demonstrate the Thb 800 k came from overseas, is my understanding.

25 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:
On 11/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, Thailand said:

Tourist visa to Non O to extension of stay,retirement, requires 800K ,seasoned 2 months and I believe from overseas.

Don't think you have to demonstrate the Thb 800 k came from overseas, is my understanding.

You do when applying for a Non O in-country.

Immigration don’t — as a rule — ask for proof when you apply for an extension stay. 

• Like 1