Thailand, Germany to resume economic committee talks

webfact

Thailand, Germany to resume economic committee talks

By THE NATION

800_4b5d2dca4b3399c.jpg?v=1574327581

Photo courtesy of Commerce News Agency

The Thailand-Germany economic committee meeting will be revived after it was called off in 2003 over internal issues, said Deputy Commerce Minister Weerasak Wangsuphakijkosol today (November 21) after a meeting with Thomas Bareiß, Germany’s Deputy Minister of Economic Affairs and Energy.

The ministerial level meeting was initiated in 2003.

“The deputy minister said Germany is ready to host the meeting again in Berlin in mid-2020. We are looking to expand the bilateral trade volume from US$12 billion to US$16 billion by 2020," Weerasak said.

"Bareiß also said that Germany supports negotiation of a free trade agreement between Thailand and the European Union to expand trading and investment opportunities for all parties involved".

Germany is one of Thailand’s most important trade partners. In 2018, trade volume between the two countries reached US$12 billion, rising 7.2 per cent year on year.

Computer components, gems and jewelleries, electronic circuit boards, automotive components, and air conditioner components are among the main Thai export items to Germany, valued at a total of US$5.2 billion a year.

Products imported from Germany, valued at US$6.8 billion annually, include machinery components, electrical machines, chemical products, scientific and medical tools.

Thailand’s investment in Germany is valued at US$353 million, compared to $2.1 billion worth of German holdings in the Kingdom.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378601

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-22

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Computer components, gems and jewelleries, electronic circuit boards, automotive components, and air conditioner components are among the main Thai export items to Germany, valued at a total of US$5.2 billion a year.

As well as Thai wives snapped up at the beer bars of Pattaya, Samui and Phuket under the self-delusional mantra "Mine is Different", I suppose.

I find this hard to believe. I think more half truths and lies. What got me was the by 2020 which is only 5 weeks away. If true it is a very sad day for Germany dealing with "D" because the last time they were doing that it didn't end well for Germany or its people. 

26 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

I find this hard to believe. I think more half truths and lies. What got me was the by 2020 which is only 5 weeks away. If true it is a very sad day for Germany dealing with "D" because the last time they were doing that it didn't end well for Germany or its people. 

Germany can't make a trade-pact without the EU....

14 hours ago, webfact said:

“The deputy minister said Germany is ready to host the meeting again in Berlin in mid-2020. We are looking to expand the bilateral trade volume from US$12 billion to US$16 billion by 2020," Weerasak said.

"Bareiß also said that Germany supports negotiation of a free trade agreement between Thailand and the European Union to expand trading and investment opportunities for all parties involved".

I don't even know what you guys are on about.... MID 2020 and trade talks with the EU...i also don't know what seems so hard to believe in this news... germany exports machines to thailand and thailand exports jewellery and co to germany...  what a surprise...

35 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I don't even know what you guys are on about.... MID 2020 and trade talks with the EU...i also don't know what seems so hard to believe in this news... germany exports machines to thailand and thailand exports jewellery and co to germany...  what a surprise...

And Germany (plus the rest of the EU) will sell beer/wine to Thailand....now let's see if the price of Paulaner/Hoegaarden will drop....a small bottle costs now 130 baht in the supermarket.

My Thai wife inherited a golden watch with gems from my grandma, she had bought it in thailand long time ago...but...but.....it's all fake...

Archived