Open ended tickets to Thailand...

marf

17 hours ago, Caine said:

Just book a flight that suits you. You will more than likely find the girl is a gold digger they are usually married no job and a couple of kids. Their so called husbands are happy to comply just to bring in money. They are 10 a penny in Thailand’s. Don’t be a mug. 

Being Thailand and the reason why many foreigners go there being obvious, your point is well made, but do not worry.

The thing that she does as a job means she is very much searchable on the web and the results (with matching photos) indicate that she is genuine and none of the usual red flags are evident...

But your concern is very much appreciated... ????

15 hours ago, DJ54 said:

OP maybe I missed it..... where are you flying from? 

Europe, specifically the UK, but with APD it's sometimes cheaper to buy the add on short haul to a European hub and self transfer

14 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Airline pricing schemes are insane.

Luckily there is the power of the Internet search-engines to help you through that jungle..

You can easily save yourself hundreds of $s, by checking a Flight search-engine like MOMONDO.com.

Just put start-city and destination-city and leave/return date and presto you will get all possible flight-options ranked according to your preference (e.g. price / airline reputation / etc.).

Having done that you then change the leave/return dates to find better/cheaper options.

You can also check whether leaving from another near-by airport would not be a better choice.

When you have made your choice, then check whether it is more advantageous to book directly from the airline you have chosen (most of the time, you will find that it is actually more expensive).

If you buy a one-way ticket, the cheapest option for the required outbound flight from Thailand would probably be the AirAsia flight from HuaHin to Kuala Lumpur (under 30 $).

Good post. People have to put in the work to save on tickets, especially if they only fly a few times a year on their own money, and are not really eligible for airline benefits. 

Prices between airlines and classes and days for a one way ticket vary wildly. Quite a few people have made the comment that return tickets and one way tickets are the same price and im convinced that they aren't putting in the effort to search. 

Momondo is a really good starting point but I have not and would not buy tickets on there. I did use it to find the China Eastern route that I took 2 weeks ago. Momondo's ticket sellers typically have extremely tough fare rules like completely non refundable and non changeable bookings with baggage allowances that are unclear combined with routes that use multiple airlines and layovers that require you to leave immigration and collect and recheck your luggage. 

My system is to use Momondo, search +/- 3 days and find the cheapest more reasonable booking on a single airline - then check that airlines website myself. Then check sites like expedia. Expedia is good, and the airlines themselves are good because the fare rules and baggage allowance is crystal clear.

99% of the time its cheaper to book 2 separate bookings like LON to BKK with Norwegian then BKK to LON with Eva air, for example. 

My 2 cents...

2x one ways is really not that much difference to a return.

Someone suggested a cheap ticket out to a neighbouring country. I have in the past still been asked by airlines to show a final destination as being my home country when in that situation. 

Can't be bothered to read all 3 pages but you can just rent a return ticket from a website. If you type fly onward into google there's a number of websites

1 hour ago, marf said:

Europe, specifically the UK, but with APD it's sometimes cheaper to buy the add on short haul to a European hub and self transfer

As a travel hub between Asia and the USA, London is a bargain for tickets. If you avoid high season, easy to get prices around £4-500 for a one year ticket on the Middle East airlines like Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Gulf, on new planes such as the Dreamliner or A380. Ticket conditions typically involve something around £150 for a return date change, easily managed at the local airline offices in Bangkok. If booking online, ticket conditions are usually viewable as an attachment on the booking summary page immediately prior to payment. 

On 11/23/2019 at 4:20 AM, alex8912 said:

Have you discussed any sick buffalos or family members yet? If she answered yes, a two week return ticket should be just fine. 

She is living in Bangkok, so I don't imagine she has any buffalos there, not sure why she would? She has a professional job. Have not discussed any family members either.

Is there something I should know?

1 hour ago, marf said:

She is living in Bangkok, so I don't imagine she has any buffalos there, not sure why she would? She has a professional job. Have not discussed any family members either.

Her family buffalos. If you haven’t discussed her family at all and you’ve been chatting a lot that seems quite strange for a Thai girl. They are very close to their parents and family. 

2 hours ago, marf said:

You need to ignore the haters whose only experience with Thai women is bar girls.

Archived