Permits for export of stocks of three banned chemicals to be issued

webfact

Permits for export of stocks of three banned chemicals to be issued

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4oAhSUpDGVP6t6R9PY018oKd

Deputy Agriculture Minister Mananya Thaiseth has told traders of three hazardous farm chemicals that she is ready to sign export permits within three days so they can ship the substances out of the country.

The traders, however, who have in their possession 38,855 tonnes of paraquat, glyphosate and chlorpyrifos according to the latest stocktake, are doubtful that the substances will be accepted abroad because they have been adulterated.

Ms. Mananya met with importers’ representatives, producers and traders of the chemicals for discussions about how to deal with the remaining inventory, as the December 1st ban approaches.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/permits-for-export-of-stocks-of-three-banned-chemicals-to-be-issued/

thaipbs.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The traders, however, who have in their possession 38,855 tonnes of paraquat, glyphosate and chlorpyrifos according to the latest stocktake, are doubtful that the substances will be accepted abroad because they have been adulterated.

How about telling the truth, with this addendum:

'plus, about forty countries worldwide have completely banned the use of these dangerous chemicals.'

5 hours ago, webfact said:

are doubtful that the substances will be accepted abroad because they have been adulterated

But were perfectly good for Thailand,until banned,

Adulterated !, to make it more dangerous ?

regards Worgeordie  

18 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

Send to China then buy the vegetables and fruit back !

Why would China want to buy the products it's already manufacturing?

Perhaps up to now, they could have been selling them to Thailand?

http://www.pesticides-china.com/profile/search.html?paraquat%26%261%26%26-1

http://www.pesticides-china.com/profile/search.html?glyphosate%26%261%26%26-1

https://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Chlorpyrifos.html

9 hours ago, webfact said:

We use glyphosate, for troublesome weeds and grasses, which is supposed to be non-systemic, only killing plants that are sprayed directly. We have several areas that have not grown anything for over a year so they have definitely adulterated it to make it systemic.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

We use glyphosate, for troublesome weeds and grasses, which is supposed to be non-systemic, only killing plants that are sprayed directly. We have several areas that have not grown anything for over a year so they have definitely adulterated it to make it systemic.

Why on earth would they do that and how would they do it? Nonsensical too. They would more likely dilute it than make it last longer.

7 minutes ago, somo said:

Why on earth would they do that and how would they do it? Nonsensical too. They would more likely dilute it than make it last longer.

I think they mix glyphosate with a wetting agents to maximise contact with foliage. Maybe it's harder to resell vs pure glyphosate. I don't think it can transform a contact herbicide to systemic. Glyphosate is already a systemic non-selective herbicide. 

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

China poisons the world more than any other country, just look at the fentanyl issue..

1 hour ago, somo said:

That is what I thought but cannot explain the areas being left bare. I dig them up to turn over the soil and they are next to established grass but it will not grow over them.

4 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I think there is something else causing this. I used the stuff on my drive (30m long) plus areas behind my house and it always grew back within weeks and it was a pain needing done every 3 months. Thailand has such fantastic growing weather. 

18 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

I think there is something else causing this. I used the stuff on my drive (30m long) plus areas behind my house and it always grew back within weeks and it was a pain needing done every 3 months. Thailand has such fantastic growing weather. 

If it had only been dry season I would understand but the areas have been through wet season when you can sit down and watch the grass grow by the minute. If it was just one area it would be caused by some other thing, but these are small areas spread over a rai.

Archived