Future Forward sails into heavier storms

webfact

Future Forward sails into heavier storms

thanathorn-juangroongruangkit.png

As many analysts, detractors, opponents and insiders say, the Constitution Court’s Wednesday verdict against Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, stripping him of his MP status, is just the beginning. His and the Future Forward Party’s paths ahead continue to be plagued with great and potentially treacherous uncertainties.

Although Future Forward’s spokeswoman Pannika Wanich insisted that Thanathorn remained the party’s leader and prime ministerial candidate, the court’s verdict leaves some room for more and heavier legal action that can also badly affect the party. The Election Commission was waiting for the “guilty” verdict which would allow the panel to move to the next step.

So far, the “guilty” ruling has disqualified Thanathorn as an MP, as the court decided that he registered for the March election while still holding shares in a company with media-related operations. The court did not say it was an oversight or intention to break the law, but the EC is set to launch new charges that it was the latter.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-sails-into-heavier-storms/

thaipbs.jpg

I see that Prawit has just warned Thanatorn not to instigate any protests. They seem to be trying to rule as they did when they originally had the coup. Telling people what they should and shouldn’t talk about (the economy and submarines) and telling people not to dare protest. 

I fear as the economy gets worse, and it is getting worse, they will just start to rule more and more with an iron fist, because this is all the army know how to do. 

12 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Interesting how the junta party never seems to have any problems at all. What's their secret to success?

Intimidation !

But this prompts me to raise a point on something that I've been thinking about. The iron fist must be very tight. Why? Because almost nothing in various western countries seems to remain secret ie. what is going on right now in the U S as a result of a whistle blower. If Thailand had leaks and whistle blowers, thousands of dirty little secrets would be out in the open.

Thus, either because of intimidation or that iron fist, lips are sealed tight.

12 minutes ago, neeray said:

f Thailand had leaks and whistle blowers, thousands of dirty little secrets would be out in the open.

Every day these secrets come out.  No one cares in the wider world about this little banana republic.  Only when international sanctions are applied hitting, the elite in the wallet, will there be any reforms.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Every day these secrets come out.  No one cares in the wider world about this little banana republic.  Only when international sanctions are applied hitting, the elite in the wallet, will there be any reforms.

Perhaps you need a re-read of my post. I thought I was clear.

I am not talking about Thai secrets being exposed in "the wider world". I am talking about Thai secrets  being exposed domestically (causing backlash ie an impeachment trial).

Here's an example for you: It is alleged that many Thai politicians, police, high-office government employees etc have offshore accounts containing skimmed money. There would be a trail and many people would be aware of this. Yet it seems like nobody ever "blows the whistle or leaks the facts". Pity !

2 hours ago, neeray said:

If Thailand had leaks and whistle blowers, thousands of dirty little secrets would be out in the open.

A whistle blower here would have a very short shelf life.

No refuge from the men with guns who control the police , the courts and the muzzled press.

The other thing is that in Thailand once news becomes old everyone loses interest and the case fizzles out often without any conclusion.

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Intimidation !

But this prompts me to raise a point on something that I've been thinking about. The iron fist must be very tight. Why? Because almost nothing in various western countries seems to remain secret ie. what is going on right now in the U S as a result of a whistle blower. If Thailand had leaks and whistle blowers, thousands of dirty little secrets would be out in the open.

Thus, either because of intimidation or that iron fist, lips are sealed tight.

Its how gangs rule: first you need to kill someone to get in to make sure that if you ever talk, you will hang also.

In thailand you need to take/demand/pay bribes and be bend to get up higher. See every MP having fake phd's, relatives with illegally acquired land, drug charges, unexplainable wealth, being part of crime families, etc.

And even if some outsider talks there are defamation laws, a "military fake news department to make it all go away", mobsters who will kill you, cops who will kill you, judges who will put you in jail without evidence, etc.

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Interesting how the junta party never seems to have any problems at all. What's their secret to success?

Well obviously, buying votes with cash at the polling booth is not a problem! Or MP's having unregistered watches & selling drugs etc.etc.etc.????????????????????????

Im sorry but bring back Tacksin. I lived in Thailand when he was PM and it was a beautiful place to live. I did not like him but the Thai people loved him and kept voting for him and that is called democracy. One can only imagine how prosperous Thailand would be now. If I remember the country was growing at 14~15%. I'm sorry but all I see now is a country being dragged down by a cancer of greed. Thailand was doomed since 2006. A purge is required and all generals require to be audited by outside auditors and if dirty shot (which probably means every single one of them)! Oh just remember what happened last time outside auditors were brought into Thailand they were murdered. 

21 hours ago, neeray said:

I am not talking about Thai secrets being exposed in "the wider world". I am talking about Thai secrets  being exposed domestically (causing backlash ie an impeachment trial).

Here's an example for you: It is alleged that many Thai politicians, police, high-office government employees etc have offshore accounts containing skimmed money. There would be a trail and many people would be aware of this. Yet it seems like nobody ever "blows the whistle or leaks the facts". Pity !

I take your point.  My point is, the allegations you quote must have some basis by whistle-blowers (bank clerks?) yet there is no concerted effort to follow your trail from within Thailand (unless the perpetrator has offended a Mr Big(ger).  When Companies doing business with Thailand say they will not play by these rules, some action might follow.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:09 AM, neeray said:

even if someone were to think about whistle-blowing, the requirement is a signed declaration with ID card etc, for investigations to be even considered, and no guarantee whatsoever of shielding the person exposing who is doing what, especially if they are working with the department involved.
As long as the whistle blower risks prosecution, even if it were an unlikely case of embezzlement of government funds i.e. stealing from Thailand, no-one will risk his future and expose more powerful, more influential or higher positioned people. 

Archived