Thanathorn to face Election Commission charges of violating election law

webfact

Thanathorn to face Election Commission charges of violating election law

thanathorn-juangroongruangkit1.png

Embattled Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit is to face charges of violating the election law and will be liable to a maximum prison term of ten years and banishment from politics for up to 20 years if found guilty.

The Office of the Election Commission (EC) said in its press release today that, next week, it will recommend that steps be taken to enforce Section 151 of the law governing the election of MPs by initiating charges against Thanathorn.

The filing of the charges is a mandatory subsequent action after the Constitutional Court, on Wednesday, ruled by 7:2 votes to disqualify Thanathorn as an MP after finding him guilty of knowingly registering his candidacy for the March 24th general election while still owning shares in the family-owned V Luck Media Company.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-to-face-election-commission-charges-of-violating-election-law-2/

thaipbs.jpg

place  your  bets................100% fails,  unanimous  decision  by 10000000000000000000 judges approved by the  junta sorry I meant democratically and fairly  elected  govt with a wonderful leader, an example to all the world. Why not declare the govt a world heritage  site?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

charges of violating the election law and will be liable to a maximum prison term of ten years and banishment from politics for up to 20 years if found guilty.

this whole thing is pitiable and should highlight to the thinking among us just where we live and how things work here and how nothing will change here in our lifetimes

Thanathorn is certainly making the old has beens very nervous/ scared, the very mention of his name has them sh++++ng themselves.

Go Thanathorn go, someone like you is just what is needed, more young people like you are sorely needed.

Hypocritical double standards. I wonder if the rest of the world is watching with any interest.

I think the best thing he may be able to do is to leave Thailand, then fight them from a relatively safe place. Maybe a bit naive of me, but I cannot see any other way when I look at how the cards are stacked against him. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The filing of the charges is a mandatory subsequent action after the Constitutional Court, on Wednesday, ruled by 7:2 votes to disqualify Thanathorn as an MP after finding him guilty of knowingly registering his candidacy for the March 24th general election while still owning shares in the family-owned V Luck Media Company.

OMG. He might as well change his name to Marie Antoinette. 

10 minutes ago, khunpa said:

So sad that a person who could really make a positive difference for the entire population in this country, is treated like this.

But not really a surprise either. Just shows how corrupted things are.

What might be sadder still is that it is allowed and will be ignored by those in this country and those abroad.

This dictating of who maybe in opposition indicates the nature of the dictating of Thai politics and the dictating nature being accepted by the Thais who get dictated to from birth to death.Dictation can sometimes be insidious indeed.Especially with a Richard Head leading oration.  

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

I think we can all recognise a shameless witch hunt (or democracy hunt) when we see one.

As I have said many times. Cha Cha is using the Hun Sen approach to 'democracy'. Arrest and charge anyone capable of beating them fair and squarely at a proper election!????????????????????????

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Thanathorn is certainly making the old has beens very nervous/ scared, the very mention of his name has them sh++++ng themselves.

Go Thanathorn go, someone like you is just what is needed, more young people like you are sorely needed.

Has beens? More like baked beans. 

It doesn't really matter.he like any other mp in any party democratic or other would only end up with their noses in the trough and lining his pockets through bribery and corruption.

they start out with good intentions,ideas,caring for the people and all the bs of promises and end up greedy lying scamming little dictators who don't give a toss about the people.

show me a rich politician and I'll show you a bent one.only thing is

this one has just had his little trotters clipped early in his game.

1 hour ago, CLS said:

Why does the west no boycott this country like NK?

Has this country globally seen even a minor relevance?

This place is strategically advantageous which will nullify any pretence of caring about democracy as we know it.So they get away with redrum quite literally.

The drumbeat that I am hearing is that the masses actually are prepared to stand up to this lot, bloodshed included.

This treatment of Thanathorn will not bode well. They are aggravating the growing discontent.

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Hypocritical double standards. I wonder if the rest of the world is watching with any interest.

I think the best thing he may be able to do is to leave Thailand, then fight them from a relatively safe place. Maybe a bit naive of me, but I cannot see any other way when I look at how the cards are stacked against him. 

And in the BBC news today and going back several years,there is NO mention of Thanathorn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Thailand#page=2

Archived