Thanathorn to face Election Commission charges of violating election law

webfact

45 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

It doesn't really matter.he like any other mp in any party democratic or other would only end up with their noses in the trough and lining his pockets through bribery and corruption.

they start out with good intentions,ideas,caring for the people and all the bs of promises and end up greedy lying scamming little dictators who don't give a toss about the people.

show me a rich politician and I'll show you a bent one.only thing is

this one has just had his little trotters clipped early in his game.

And of course you know this for a certainty.

But Thanathorn has not been given a chance to prove you wrong so how do you know.

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And in the BBC news today and going back several years,there is NO mention of Thanathorn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Thailand#page=2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50486754

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47837622

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47620749

Also he is mentioned in most articles about the election. 

46 minutes ago, Okis said:

Thank you for those links.

The BBC is not very good at internal searches.

I Googled for Thailand when I should have searched for Thanathon.

My bad.

:sorry:

4 hours ago, CLS said:

Why does the west no boycott this country like NK?

Has this country globally seen even a minor relevance?

I think it is because none really care enough to look at Thailand

None have ever colonized Thailand not because they had fierce armies defending it

but because none wanted it, they had no great resources, & it remains so today

Secondly I think none complain to the West

The expats don't complain to their home country to boycott, few will even vote with their feet.

In a round about way they support any government with their presence/deposits etc

(although I do know many lack options & have Thai families that cannot leave)

The majority of Thai citizens really care very little & understand even less about what is going on except to complain economy is bad

This is why only the young Thai's will ever change anything & it may not be possible peacefully

52 minutes ago, meechai said:

Yes the young are the only ones who can instill change

They are Thailand's only hope

Yes a bit like AOC and illam Omar can do for the US or young Tony Blair did for the uk.come to think of it Fidel Castro was quite a youngster and he certainly changed things.i have no faith in any politician no matter what age they may be.power in the end converts the lot of them.

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Well in this case it seems he's proved himself before he's got out of the starting blocks.

Proved to who?

To you?

To the government who will always find him and his party guilty of something/anything?

To the Thai people?

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I feel saddened and dismayed for the Thai people & Thailand itself, when FFP first came on the scene I had thought that there was real hope for this country, how long will the Thai people allow for this sad state of affairs to continue ? 

As long as they keep getting brain washed from the minute they enter school

8 hours ago, Fred white said:

As long as they keep getting brain washed from the minute they enter school

You don't need Thai schools for that! Didn't there used to be plenty of very pleasant posters on these forums that hailed military rule?  Not having learn much from the tons of coups since 1932 and the many pleasure that it brought. Hailing strong leadership and all.  As a type this a Monty Python sketch comes to mind.. 'he's do a lot of good to the stock exchange', then foaming at the mouth and falling over backward. 

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Proved to who?

To you?

To the government who will always find him and his party guilty of something/anything?

To the Thai people?

It's all the the game of dirty politics.the law of the jungle.hes as guilty as the rest of them.why didn't he declare his stake in the media company,then off load them after.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

It's all the the game of dirty politics.the law of the jungle.hes as guilty as the rest of them.why didn't he declare his stake in the media company,then off load them after.

Look back the history of the subject matter and you will find that he did declare his stake and sold them to his mother legally, but the paperwork wasn't completed within the specific time period, said the EC. They are a government department, a veritable oasis of truth and the law as written in the constitution, to favour the government above anybody else.

I think, like many, Thanathorn is too proud to flee. But there are very few exceptions to the brave men & women dissenters who served time here--they came out silent & broken, just the way the military intended.

The scene in HK wasn't pretty. I honestly thought it would end up a PLA massacre like Tiananmen. But China showed admirable restraint. There may, in fact, even be democratic reforms...until 2047. But then the show is over and the big brass rule with an iron fistful of dollars.

It takes a nonviolent mass movement to shake up Thailand. Nobody seems brave or organised (or reckless) enough here.

Thanathorn & Co. thought change could be accomplished in a legal, Constitutional manner, voting = democracy. That's just nonsense: the game is rigged! "If voting could change anything, it would be illegal!"--Emma Goldman. Obama, a scholar of Constitutional law: "Hope & change"--what BS! Jeremy Corbyn will fare no better.

The putschites wanted to make damned sure Thanathorn never became the new Thaksin. The world is in dire straits in terms of human rights. Thailand just happens to be at the bottom. 39 million tourists don't know they're supporting a military govt...and don't care, either! 

Archived