Former Trump adviser says Ukraine meddling theory is 'fictional narrative'

webfact

22 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Are you from the states and a lawyer then? Otherwise I see just random sloganeering (except for the part about Roe v Wade, although only activists use the word attack)

You are of course entitled to ask that question but harking back to your ‘learned opinion’ on the outcome of Manafort’s trial, I’m not sure it’s a good idea that you do so.

Certainly you have given us no evidence that’s being a (TVF) lawyer from the states is any kind of a guarantee of an understanding of the legal peril Trump is in.

This "meddling theory" seems to get even the support of the House ranking Republican member on the Intelligence Committee:

http://lite.cnn.io/en/article/h_6a00b82f5bfcfa081a20a6ace956ede4

• The attorney, Joseph A. Bondy, represents Lev Parnas, the recently indicted Soviet-born American who worked with Giuliani to push claims of Democratic corruption in Ukraine. Bondy said that Parnas was told directly by the former Ukrainian official that he met last year in Vienna with Rep. Devin Nunes.
  • "Mr. Parnas learned from former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Victor Shokin that Nunes had met with Shokin in Vienna last December," said Bondy.
  •  Bondy tells CNN that his client and Nunes began communicating around the time of the Vienna trip. Parnas says he worked to put Nunes in touch with Ukrainians who could help Nunes dig up dirt on Biden and Democrats in Ukraine, according to Bondy.

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:
  • The attorney, Joseph A. Bondy, represents Lev Parnas, the recently indicted Soviet-born American who worked with Giuliani to push claims of Democratic corruption in Ukraine. Bondy said that Parnas was told directly by the former Ukrainian official that he met last year in Vienna with Rep. Devin Nunes.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on Lev Parnas singing like a canary.

On 11/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, Samui Bodoh said:
That's about it for the scheduled House hearings, I think. And, it is good to hear some common sense out of the last scheduled witness; i find it shocking that some Republican House members, perhaps willingly, do not see the threat from Russia.

It is 'Moment of Truth' time for the Republican Party; are they going to try to regain their principles, morals, ethics and gonads or are they going to allow themselves to be stained, tainted, diminished and slimed by Trump and his associates?

Although the testimony is/has been quite conclusive (in my view), it goes deeper than that now. 

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that degrades and abuses serving, decorated military officers.

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that courts foreign governments and individuals to interfere and 'fix' American elections, selling out centuries of progress and principle for petty power.

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that follows an immigration policy that is willing to lock up children in order to try to keep out brown and black people.

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that, as part of its platform, endorses the idea of taking away medical care and insurance from millions of poor families who need it.

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that harms and loses alliances which the US spent blood, treasure and decades building in return for the approval of 'Strongmen', 'Tin Pot' dictators, un-Democratic cheaters and various unsavoury characters who can approve the next "Trump Tower".

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that has lost all its morals, kindness, principles, goodness, decency and ethics.

The Republican party is in danger of being the party that only spews grievance and bile; it is in mortal peril.

And for what? For Trump? Really? 

I am certain there are people out there who feel that I am being unfair, or biased, or mean to Trump and supporters; for what it is worth I get that some people genuinely do like him, genuinely think that the US political system desperately needs an overhaul, genuinely like some of the things he stands for or does (even if they dislike the rest). And, some could never vote for the Democrats, and I really get that; I am not a fan of then either. 

However, the cost of Trump is just too high.

How do you know that? A simple test. Trump has been campaigning and/or in office for three plus years. Can you name a person (other than perhaps Niki Haley, and even she might not meet the test anymore) who has left the Trump orbit with an enhanced reputation? Seriously, can you name one? Two? Five? Again; one person who has a better reputation for serving with Trump? What does that tell you?

The simple truth is that all his associates have been stained, diminished, tainted, debased, slimed, or simply made 'less'. I could list the names, but we all know them. Trump uses people/things for his own gain, and when they are used up, they are discarded. Now, he is using up the goodness of the Republican Party and the USA, and when that is gone he will just move on to ruin something else.

I have said it before and (sadly) need to say it again;

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

Toss that thing out before it is too late.

Did "Shifty Schiff" put you up to this.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, Silurian said:

Senator Lindsey Graham has stated outright that he isn't watching or even paying any attention to the House impeachment investigation.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, Silurian said:

There is absolutely no evidence that will convince the Senate Republicans to oust Donald. They have already made up their minds even before the Senate trial. Mitch knows this and will just play along. Party over country is the Republican mantra. It has been their mantra for years now and continues to drive their actions.

Deep down inside, I would think that every American voter knows why "the party of no" will acquit Trump.

The value that I see in the process, acquittal or not, is that the dirty, hard truth about Trump and his self serving Don-style tactics are being exposed to "every American voter".

The damage to Trump and the Republican Party will be evident in November 2020.

5 minutes ago, Tug said:

And trump is still out there pushing the russan disinformation like along with Nunes unbelievable!

Nunes was even called out during the inquiry about his involvement in Ukraine with Lev Parnas to dig up dirt on Biden. That alone should have required Nunes recuse himself. This is the epitome of an Orwellian dystopia.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/11/23/20979143/giuliani-lev-parnas-devin-nunes-biden-investigation-impeachment-inquiry

4 hours ago, Tug said:

And trump is still out there pushing the russan disinformation like along with Nunes unbelievable!

And Trump does it in the most ridiculous way:

"CrowdStrike

Trump said that Democrats gave a computer server that was hacked in 2016 to "a company owned by a very wealthy Ukrainian."

Facts First: The cybersecurity company that investigated the hack, CrowdStrike, is a publicly traded American company co-founded by Dmitri Alperovitch, an American citizen who was born in Russia, not Ukraine. Regardless, such firms do not typically take possession of physical servers to conduct their analysis."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics/fact-check-trump-fox-and-friends-november/index.html

Russian, Ukrainian= Popov same same ????

23 hours ago, neeray said:

Deep down inside, I would think that every American voter knows why "the party of no" will acquit Trump.

Agreed. Everybody knows that assumptions and presumptions are woefully inadequate in a high stakes trial. Had there been any hard evidence at all, this would have played out differently. Instead the dems forged ahead without a hint of evidence, relying on pouting testimonies from civil servants with hurt feelings, and well and truly shot themselves in the foot. None of the witnesses said Trump ordered them to with-hold the aid until x.y and z was done ergo nothing untoward happened.

The pain is compounded coming so close on the heels of the imploded Russia collusion hoax which already tested dem voters patience and sanity.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Agreed. Everybody knows that assumptions and presumptions are woefully inadequate in a high stakes trial. Had there been any hard evidence at all, this would have played out differently. Instead the dems forged ahead without a hint of evidence, relying on pouting testimonies from civil servants with hurt feelings, and well and truly shot themselves in the foot. None of the witnesses said Trump ordered them to with-hold the aid until x.y and z was done ergo nothing untoward happened.

The pain is compounded coming so close on the heels of the imploded Russia collusion hoax which already tested dem voters patience and sanity.

I don't know about "everyone," but anyone who believes that anything short of a smoking gun is necessary for a trial, is clueless about how the legal system works and has been watching way too many TV shows. Trump's designated agents made threats to Ukraine's government about the consequences of not publicly announcing an investigation of the Bidens. He has yet to fire that agent.  Trump dispatched his personal attorney to push a foreign government for an investigation of a political opponent. That's enough right there.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Agreed. Everybody knows that assumptions and presumptions are woefully inadequate in a high stakes trial. Had there been any hard evidence at all, this would have played out differently.

That's OK. Trump SUPPRESSED all that "hard evidence" and in doing so obstructed justice, an article of impeachment in itself. Or, are you saying that all that suppressed evidence and testimony would have exonerated Trump but he was just too humble to allow it?

On 11/24/2019 at 7:56 AM, neeray said:

The value that I see in the process, acquittal or not, is that the dirty, hard truth about Trump and his self serving Don-style tactics are being exposed to "every American voter".

The damage to Trump and the Republican Party will be evident in November 2020.

The problem is that the "dirty, hard truth" doesn't matter to about 39% of the American voter. With the electoral college the way it is, it won't be hard for Donald to eek out another win. Right now, the Reality TV Con Man is the odds on favorite to win in 2020 no matter who runs against him.

As much as I would like to believe that "The damage to Trump and the Republican Party will be evident in November 2020", it won't sway any die hard Donald fans. The hope is that enough of the rest of America cares enough about their country to get out and vote. Or at least the ones in the few swing states that will actually determine the election. But, I wouldn't hold my breath in this time of nihilism and apathy.

As long as the economy is chugging along, incumbents are hard to beat.

21 minutes ago, Silurian said:

The problem is that the "dirty, hard truth" doesn't matter to about 39% of the American voter. With the electoral college the way it is, it won't be hard for Donald to eek out another win. Right now, the Reality TV Con Man is the odds on favorite to win in 2020 no matter who runs against him.

As much as I would like to believe that "The damage to Trump and the Republican Party will be evident in November 2020", it won't sway any die hard Donald fans. The hope is that enough of the rest of America cares enough about their country to get out and vote. Or at least the ones in the few swing states that will actually determine the election. But, I wouldn't hold my breath in this time of nihilism and apathy.

As long as the economy is chugging along, incumbents are hard to beat.

While it's extremely dubious that Trump could win the popular vote, it's entirely possible that he could once again get a majority of electoral votes.

Archived