Philippine Airlines flight to Manila makes emergency landing in Los Angeles

webfact

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I just found a list of Delta's recorded incidents for 2018 - quite a resume - just as well your fires aren't serious - most of the time. 

Well on the ground at our station we not only service Delta but United & Allegiant, which isn't uncommon for ground handling to service multiple airlines, and I didn't say that the fires I've seen were all Delta.

For the flying public you don't see a lot of what goes on Below Wing, but this is just a fact of life, that complex pieces of equipment sometimes fail.

Be thankful that they are a helluva lot more reliable than the car you are driving!

10 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

You're right, compressor failure, FOD, or some other internal failure are all possible.

It doesn't say what power plant it was, so it could be the GE, PW or RR engine.

Which ever it was I'm assuming they are al over this

777-300 would be GE90. We often hear the idea that planes fly themselves these days bandied about but no systems of aircraft automation can make the required decisions and undertake the coordinated actions required in these situations. Pilot s do that. Kudos to the Crew!

EJ9sasOXsAARPFy.jpeg

49107500521_373098516d_b.jpg

16 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

777-300 would be GE90. We often hear the idea that planes fly themselves these days bandied about but no systems of aircraft automation can make the required decisions and undertake the coordinated actions required in these situations. Pilot s do that. Kudos to the Crew!

EJ9sasOXsAARPFy.jpeg

49107500521_373098516d_b.jpg

Was the 773 only a GE only option?

I can't remember now

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well on the ground at our station we not only service Delta but United & Allegiant, which isn't uncommon for ground handling to service multiple airlines, and I didn't say that the fires I've seen were all Delta.

For the flying public you don't see a lot of what goes on Below Wing, but this is just a fact of life, that complex pieces of equipment sometimes fail.

Be thankful that they are a helluva lot more reliable than the car you are driving!

You said that you worked for Delta, so I just looked at Delta.

Archived