Teen in California high school shooting rampage used 'ghost gun' made from parts

webfact

8 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Google is your friend. If you Google prison population by race you will find out that black people are the biggest part of them contrary to the fact that the normal population has much more white people. There you go dude

So what? Black people in America commit more crimes. Young black men commit the most. Old black church ladies commit none. Asian people commit less. Women commit less violent crimes. Men commit more. White women commit more crimes than black women.

Duh. What does any of that have to do with freedom.

7 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

And how about the Russian numbers? Any excuses?

So what?

How does the American prison population lead to the conclusion that law abiding citizens arent free? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Dude that is one of the most nonsensical explanations I have ever seen. What does lobbying by "Big Agra" over any law have to do with incarceration rates?

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude that is one of the most nonsensical explanations I have ever seen. What does lobbying by "Big Agra" over any law have to do with incarceration rates?

Reading helps. It is about restricting the freedom of speech, guaranteed by your constitution.  Don't "Trump " me, dude

2 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Reading helps. It is about restricting the freedom of speech, guaranteed by your constitution.  Don't "Trump " me, dude

Seriously? Freedom of Speech restriction? What text of the proposed laws violate freedom of speech, and how does that relate to the point raised of incarceration rates correlating to lack of freedom?

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Seriously? Freedom of Speech restriction? What text of the proposed laws violate freedom of speech, and how does that relate to the point raised of incarceration rates correlating to lack of freedom?

I guess you didn't read the text.

Here you go:

• Banning the act of taking a photo or video of a factory farm without permission from the owner.
  • Making it a crime for an undercover investigator to get work at a factory farm.

2 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

I guess you didn't read the text.

Here you go:

• Banning the act of taking a photo or video of a factory farm without permission from the owner.
  • Making it a crime for an undercover investigator to get work at a factory farm.

LOL. Whats the actual text, not some agenda fundraising interpretation.......

But seriously dude you dragged this far off field, one has nothing to do with the other, your points are so weak that Ill go eat a chicken sandwich.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Great. Do those china figures include Uigher Concentration camps?

So how about the question then? Or even better, Whats the point of those numbers vis a vis my freedom? Or the freedom of any other law abiding citizen?

You specifically requested a source... that was the point of the post vs anything to do with your personal freedom, I would think. You expanded into that area 

As you went there.... incarceration removes rights... some states do not return those rights post incarceration. This might be fine for a killer, but to permanently remove rights of someone for a weed indiscretion is absurd, and reflective of how incarceration impacts freedom

regards personal freedoms within the Divided States... no current and accepted benchmarking supports the notion that the Divided States is a free society... in fact, it’s way down the list, which, coincidently, is dominated by countries with gun laws of worth.

2 minutes ago, jany123 said:

reflective of how incarceration impacts freedom

doesnt reflect on anyones freedom other than the felons. 

3 minutes ago, jany123 said:

no current and accepted benchmarking supports the notion that the Divided States is a free society..

LOL...current and accepted benchmarking. OK.????

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Got a source for that? Care to enlighten us as to how the rates of incarceration for criminal offenses equates to a lack of freedom.

He got that from the same Jim Jeffries show, but he ignores the fact that JJ is a comedian and many of the details of his stories are made up just for the comedic value, as is done by most comedians.

58 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Your assertion that Mexico doesn't get the majority of its guns from the USA is massively false

Bristolboy, I got that from the Wall Street Journal.  Apparently there has been an increase in guns coming from Eastern Europe, Quatamala, and Vietnam.  

Wall Street Journal.JPG

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No, actually a freedom obsessed country. 

It's actually a bullying obsessed country.

The children bully in schools, The country bullies in wars and 'peacekeeping' operations.

Homeland security bullies it's own citizens.

The victims of the bullying sometimes get guns (or bombs) and shoot back.

12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Have you bought one recently? Since its so cheap and easy?

I have multiple friends who have many weapons. And some were purchased dirt cheap. Only in a broken America. Nobody can ever make America great again. Not gonna happen. 

21 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Kids killing kids.   Its really insane. The gun rights are in america to stay and i believe they must stay. Americans are born free and need to stay that way. The government can never have total controll, or we will be a venezuela or even a hong kong. victims to the governments controll . As long as americans own guns our civil rights are intact. 

No one has a solution to this 85 gun events in a single school year. Thats 1 every 3 days of school session.

I dont have the answers but you can start with whats diffetent now compared to a few decades ago. 

Internet

Video games violence

Social media

Childhood vaccines are in 100s now 

Diet

Medications.

The answer is in these somewhere.

Nope. The above variables are in many other countries but there is no carnage. Its the American mentality..born to kill....And the ubiquity of guns. Lets remember killing is worst than child rape. But Americans think they have the right to have guns to kill people. People should boycot all American products until they civilise themselves....

All these killings yet there are more Americans than ever. The killing isn't that bad unless it directly affects you. Joe Sixpack reading about some crazy California kid killing some other Californians doesn't carry much impact. Not many would give up their 2nd Amendment rights because (city, state goes here) had a crazy shooting.

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Becasue its incorrect. the 80% rule means that these kits must be machined. You cant even assemble one unless its correctly machined. Thats not easy. 

If you want a technical explanation and details Id be happy to provide since I have been involved in the process of machining actual firearms receivers many times.

Because in the age of the internet it's extremely unlikely, in fact, virtually impossible, to find a person with experience to help you finish the job:

"Individuals have organized "build parties" where equipment and expertise are shared to help create ghost guns."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_gun

On 11/22/2019 at 8:45 AM, Pilotman said:

The US jails a higher percentage of its peoples than any other country in the world, more than Russia, China or any other State; so much for freedom eh? Its one of the least free country I can think of.

As Jim Jefferies points out, in Holland, you can smoke a joint, while banging a hooker, in front of a cop and not be arrested.  Now that is real freedom.  As he also points out, why do some need to have assault rifles capable of killing at over a mile?  Hardly to protect life and property is it?  The fact is, the US State is gun crazy and crazy people do crazy things. 

If you don't break the law. You are free to do just about anything. Nothing un-free about that.

Gun laws regarding legal ownership have become nothing but more restrictive in the past few generations.  What has changed is the culture.  Reliance on the quick fix, the rise of increasing demands regarding a quest for greater wealth (not riches), and the use of drugs, especially on children to treat recently “discovered” mental illnesses. All of this is a major contributing factor to the rise in incidents (we’re talking homicide here, not suicide or accidental death via gun misuse) like the one that started this thread.  

On 11/22/2019 at 8:40 AM, quadperfect said:

Kids killing kids.   Its really insane. The gun rights are in america to stay and i believe they must stay. Americans are born free and need to stay that way. The government can never have total controll, or we will be a venezuela or even a hong kong. victims to the governments controll . As long as americans own guns our civil rights are intact. 

No one has a solution to this 85 gun events in a single school year. Thats 1 every 3 days of school session.

I dont have the answers but you can start with whats diffetent now compared to a few decades ago. 

Internet

Video games violence

Social media

Childhood vaccines are in 100s now 

Diet

Medications.

The answer is in these somewhere.

It is entirely possible to be a free society, without needing to be an armed society. Many countries throughout the world are free, and do not allow or rigidly restrict ownership of personal firearms. Just look at your nothern neighbour! 

Removing firearms from society is of course, not entirely 100% possible, but effectively removing them would dramatically reduce the death toll from these sort of shootings. It really is that simple. The UK and Australia responded to school and public shootings by removing peoples right to own firearms, it worked and they are nonetheless free for it.

If however, the American people ( not the various gun lobby pressure groups) wish to continue the tradition of gun ownership which you speak of, then they must be prepared to pay the price in terms of the sort of slaughter which we see on such a regular basis. They must also be prepared to acknowledge that much of the rest of the world simply do not understand, share and will frankly deride this tradition; which is I suggest helping to undermine the reputation of the United States as being at the pinnacle of civilised societies. But it is up to you, if you want to keep the guns, then you will have to accept the dead children. Don't be surprised however when people elsewhere dismiss and deride it. 

Again frankly, it has got the cubed root of bu**er all to do with "freedom"!

21 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Becasue its incorrect. the 80% rule means that these kits must be machined. You cant even assemble one unless its correctly machined. Thats not easy. 

If you want a technical explanation and details Id be happy to provide since I have been involved in the process of machining actual firearms receivers many times.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Because in the age of the internet it's extremely unlikely, in fact, virtually impossible, to find a person with experience to help you finish the job:

"Individuals have organized "build parties" where equipment and expertise are shared to help create ghost guns."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_gun

Absolutely, Bristolboy (I take it you are being ironic!)  I build model railways. At the larger scale end of the hobby, where people build live steam models to run in their gardens, there are literally (in the UK alone) thousands who have the knowledge, expertise and equipment for that sort of machining. In fact I know/knew at least half a dozen - in and around Bristol as it happens! 

The Ulster Protestant terrorist organisations used to make 9mm sub machine guns in garage workshops. Refined they may not have been. Effective they were.

16 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I never mentioned an AR- 15?  

Neither did you mention the assault rifle that as you said....

assault rifles capable of killing at over a mile?

The AR15/M16 is the most popular & well known assault rifle but there is no assault rifle capable of the sensationalized claim your making.

The other famous assault<sic> rifle the AK47 has even less range at 400 meters

I have no horse in this race & know it would be easier to cure the common cold. But that aside I always cringe at the sensationalized comments many with no idea make based on hearsay

Long Range sniper rifles may have that ability but only a handful of humans have that skill & again these are not assault rifles period

Archived