Teen in California high school shooting rampage used 'ghost gun' made from parts

webfact

It is a mental health issue that is growing and plaguing the U.S in terms of guns and other nations in terms of knife attacks. Things will eventually get to bombs unfortunately as even today in the U.S there was a bomb threat at a local school. Gun laws would have not have stopped the Saugus shooting nor any other. Mental illness must be dealt with or things will only continue to go the direction they are going ....for the worse!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, meechai said:

Neither did you mention the assault rifle that as you said....

The AR15/M16 is the most popular & well known assault rifle but there is no assault rifle capable of the sensationalized claim your making.

The other famous assault<sic> rifle the AK47 has even less range at 400 meters

I have no horse in this race & know it would be easier to cure the common cold. But that aside I always cringe at the sensationalized comments many with no idea make based on hearsay

Long Range sniper rifles may have that ability but only a handful of humans have that skill & again these are not assault rifles period

well I do apologise, but as a Brit, I'm not as familiar with assault rifles as some of our gun obsessed brethren over the water, or indeed yourself if you are not one of those. I think I can live with that gap in my knowledge. Clearly a rifle with a range of 400m or so is a vital necessity for family protection in the US. They must have some very long gardens there. That was the sarcastic point I was making, but that is clearly lost on some of the more pedantic readers.

18 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So, knives are just as dangerous as guns?

FBI statistics show that more people are killed by knives, hammers, clubs, or personal fists/feet than by all types of rifles combined. Most homicides are by handgun however over 60% of all firearm deaths are suicide.  Of the remaining 40% the majority are urban gang related killings typically involving the drug trade.  If guns were the problem cities with strict gun controls like New York, and Chicago would not have the majority of gun related deaths while areas with lax gun controls like Kennsaw, Georgia outside Atlanta have a low percentage of gun related crimes. The USA has a drug problem and it spills over into gun violence.  The mass shootings are something different.  However in 2017 and 2018 there were only 340, and 346 people killed in mass shootings.  A very low percentage of the total homicides. 

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/kharen-martinez-murcia/more-people-killed-knives-rifles-shotguns-handguns-used-most

Gun Deaths.JPG

fbi_crime_data_2018.jpg

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I'm not as familiar with assault rifles That was the sarcastic point I was making, but that is clearly lost on some of the more pedantic readers.

Baloney

You were sensationalizing like most who want to jump into this subject with the usual sensationalized zero fact claims

Yes your not familiar as you admit with many things but don't later try to claim it was sarcasm when in the same breath you claim ignorance

As I told you I have no horse in this race but hate seeing your kind of sensationalized posts which usually lack any true condolences for victims

But but but - in California guns are banned arent they?

And I know it is illegal in all of USA to make a 'ghost gun'.

Oh wait - the liberls say banning them will work anyway.

Yes thats right - the Govt bans them and 100s millions of them just disappear.

Confiscate them? Then there will be a lot more people killed.

The USA cannot become like UK/Aust etc. by introducing a law banning gun ownership/usage.

And besides, it would take a change of the Constitution - and that aint gonna happen.

Take a look at Switzerland - guns are owned by many - very few 'mass shootings' and gang killings and suicides.

Maybe there is an answer there that would work in USA.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/switzerland-gun-laws-rates-of-gun-deaths-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

It is not the red-neck alt-right that are killing others with guns.

It is mainly troubled white male youths with mental issues, and troubled black/hispanic youths in gangs.

PS - Not one mass shooting killer was a member of NRA - and most are 'democrats/liberals'. 

2 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

But but but - in California guns are banned arent they?

And I know it is illegal in all of USA to make a 'ghost gun'.

Oh wait - the liberls say banning them will work anyway.

Yes thats right - the Govt bans them and 100s millions of them just disappear.

Confiscate them? Then there will be a lot more people killed.

The USA cannot become like UK/Aust etc. by introducing a law banning gun ownership/usage.

And besides, it would take a change of the Constitution - and that aint gonna happen.

Take a look at Switzerland - guns are owned by many - very few 'mass shootings' and gang killings and suicides.

Maybe there is an answer there that would work in USA.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/switzerland-gun-laws-rates-of-gun-deaths-2018-2?r=US&IR=T

It is not the red-neck alt-right that are killing others with guns.

It is mainly troubled white male youths with mental issues, and troubled black/hispanic youths in gangs.

PS - Not one mass shooting killer was a member of NRA - and most are 'democrats/liberals'. 

Wow, you seem to have tapped into a motherlode of misinformation.

No, guns aren't banned in California. How did you come up with that one?

"After a string of mass shootings across the country this year, Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday
toughened California’s already strict gun control laws, signing a raft of bills that broadly expand the state’s “red flag” law and limit the purchase of semiautomatic rifles by individuals to one per month.

Newsom, who was elected last year on a campaign that promised strict limits on firearms, signed 15 bills passed in response to recent mass shootings.

“This continues California’s leadership in terms of gun safety,” Newsom said at a state Capitol bill-signing ceremony.'"And no, it is not illegal in the USA to make a ghost gun.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-11/california-approves-gun-control-red-flag-laws

And no, it is not illegal in the USA to make a ghost gun.

By making the gun themselves, owners may legally bypass background checks and registration regulations.[1][5] Under U.S. federal law, the creation and possession of ghost guns is allowed, but a license is required to manufacture firearms for sale or distribution.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_gun

Ya got an proof for this ridiculous assertion that most mass shooters are "democrats/liberals" Because Politifact disagrees with you:

Do many mass shooters 'end up being Democrats', as Rep. Tenney said? No

https://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2018/feb/23/claudia-tenney/do-many-mass-shooters-end-being-democrats-rep-tenn/

12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Ya got an proof for this ridiculous assertion that most mass shooters are "democrats/liberals" Because Politifact disagrees with you:

Do many mass shooters 'end up being Democrats', as Rep. Tenney said? No

https://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2018/feb/23/claudia-tenney/do-many-mass-shooters-end-being-democrats-rep-tenn/

You didn't read the contents did you. 

Omar Mateen, the shooter who killed 49 people at a nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in 2016, was registered as a Democrat in 2006. He voted in the Florida primary in 2016, according to reporting from Politico.

A friend of Aaron Alexis, who killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard in 2013, said in a CNN interview that the shooter was "more of a liberal type." 

In 2017, 66-year-old James Thomas Hodgkinson shot and injured six people at a congressional baseball game in Virginia — nearly killing House Majority Whip Steve Scalise. Hodgkinson volunteered for the presidential campaign of Democrat Bernie Sanders and apparently targeted the Republican team.

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

"we know" = So you speak for everyone eh?

Interesting attitude to views that digress from one's own.

You're confusing your opinions with facts. The facts say your opinion is wrong.

2 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

"we know" = So you speak for everyone eh?

Interesting attitude to views that digress from one's own.

Well, we know it because you claimed that California has banned firearms which is false.

You also claimed that it is illegal to make ghost guns in the USA. Another falsehood.

But I will say that you were honorable enough to graciously acknowledge your errors...oh wait a minute...

Archived