Why are phone prices on line so much cheaper?

homeseeker

6 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

There are many Chinese fake copies available.  You have to be tech savvy to know the difference.  I recently was in the Philippines where I was offered Samsung S10 + phones for $100.00.  They looked good but the performance was terrible. I bought a Google Pixel 3a XL for a very good price from Lazada.  The phone was definitely legitimate.  The seller in Bangkok actually phoned me to tell me that the color that I wanted was not in stock and would I accept a different color.  

If you look at the warranty and return policy for an item you buy at Lazada, you'll see if it's original. Or you buy from LazMall where every item is guaranteed original by Lazada.  

I bought a used cell phone 7 years ago for 1,000b. It calls taxis, doctors, girlfriends, and even works for international calls. Imagine that! No, it doesn't start my oven, remind me it's Aunt Tabby's birthday, or play Rock n Roll Part 2 when I get a call. In U.S. I always had a land line. Cell phones are electronic leashes.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, Matzzon said:

Finally a sensible man that do not throw in a wad of cash for a phone. ???? 

Why shouldn't you pay more for a phone. I have just paid 17,700 for a OnePlus 7 Pro, it's a beautiful device and i use it a lot. After i sell it in 2 years or so it would have cost me 10-15 baht a day. Hardly a fortune for something i use more than anything else. I agree though people who spend 50k on an iphone are nuts.

Usually, online shopping like Lazada is around 10 to 20 % cheaper than buying in your average downtown shop or department store :Anything more than that is suspicious. 

My last phone bought online (in Vietnam) came with a warranty and was 18% cheaper than the price charged in the most popular nationwide electronics store in Vietnam :Drawback is if it breaks down during the warranty period, getting it fixed or replaced could be a lengthy process, while with chain electronics stores you just pop into the nearest branch and chances are you immediately get a new phone. 

Archived